PDA

View Full Version : Camber Kit

Eclipse97526
08-28-2008, 05:18 AM
I know there are thousands of articles posted on this, and hundreads more of oponions. But i need to get a camber kit. and i was wondering. Which is the best . Adjustable camber kit ? or does anyone have a link for a walk though on how many washers or spacers to use to adjust my camber properly.

I have megan lowering springs, and KYB GR2 Struts. Rollin on 18' SSR Gt3's that are 18x8.5 in the front, and 18x10 in the back

My specs are as follows.

front specs:
Camber right is -1.3
Camber left is 0.0

Caster :

right: 3.9 Degrees
Right 1.3 Degrees.

Rear Specs:
Camber :
Left -2.7
Right -1.2

setback of 1.1 in the left and -.01 in the right

with a wheel base diff of 1.2 "

Its all screwed up. im going to go to a frame shop tomorrow.

So if all goes well, i will need a left and right read camber kit.

if not, i was wondering about Front Camber kits ? do they even exist ? lol.

I hit a curb doing like 40. because my camber was off, and wearing my tires so much i didn't even notice.
i had a blow out going my usual speed. 40 in a 20 lol. Stupid me.
i did a few 360's and landed in someones yard. " After hitting a couple curbs... Blah "

I will have pictures posted soon. I was very lucky, and the galant is a VERY tough and durable car.
-2 ADR wheels. Shattered. And some bent suspension . But it fixed my rear right camber. i just don't wanna do this again to fix the rear left camber . lol

At the time i had 18'x7 ADR's But those wheels are toast now. So i got these from a friend ! :)

By the way, if anyone knows anyone or anywhere that i can purchase a replacement lip thats 18 x 8" for front wheels let me know, i would like to put these on the back instead of the 10 " Wheel lips that i am having to heavily modify my car to have.
But i got them to fit :) Just rubbing a lot. Doing more modifications tomorrow.

SSR GT3's Replacement lip on the polished aluminum forged 2 pc wheels

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p110/eclipse97526/ssr_gt3_ci3_l.jpg

VIPtint
08-28-2008, 12:11 PM
are you trying to add camber or get your camber within mitsubishi specs?