PDA

View Full Version : I got my new seats!

Stewi
08-28-2008, 09:18 PM
So after toying with the idea of getting EVO IX MR SE seats, I finally locked up a deal, and then the day before the guy calls to tell me one of the seats got damaged. That fell thru and I started to question if I really wanted them, since I wanted a primarily black, cloth interior. So I decided to get a set of sparco's, these were a new model for 2008, they are called the Chrono Road. I have to say that I am pretty happy with the build quality of the seat, especially for the fairly inexpensive cost of $500 each MSRP. Sparco messed up the order a few times so they were supposed to get to me a week after being ordered and then it ended up being a month and tonight I noticed one of the seats has a small tear underneath on the edge where the stitching is, I would have ignored it if it was near the stitching because literally its not even 1/4" long, but F that, these are new, so they are gonna send me one new seat and I gotta send one of these back.

FYI these are one of the larger seats sparco makes, designed to fit waist sizes 36-42, unlike most sparco's that fit nothing more than a 32, and even they are tight in there.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/EvoInside/Sparco.jpg

IceDouTGaLanT
08-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Those look pretty clean, already have harness for them?

Stewi
08-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Not yet, gonna trying to get my hands on some black seatbelts from a 3g. Im not gonna do harness' until after the winter. I want to see how fast I run first, if I run fast enough, I will get a 6 point roll bar put in the car, if not, I will do a harness bar. No sense in wasting 300-400 on a harness bar then I run too fast and need a cage, then the cage is another $1000.

kolio
08-28-2008, 10:07 PM
looks great. you need those to keep yourself planted in your track visits!

fatal1
08-28-2008, 11:33 PM
theres a few set of black belts going on c3g right now actually

4g63lover
08-28-2008, 11:41 PM
I want those. looks really good. how are the bolsters on them?

greddy
08-29-2008, 12:33 AM
nice!

seth98esT
08-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Not bad, look very comfy! Definitely wait on the harness till you get your cage. I dont understand people that get harness' without cages, not thanks!

Stewi
08-29-2008, 05:39 AM
I want those. looks really good. how are the bolsters on them?

they are slightly softer than others like the Milano/Torino, but it seems they will keep me in place.

Stewi
08-29-2008, 05:48 AM
theres a few set of black belts going on c3g right now actually

post up the link, I just looked quick and didnt find anything. I hate that website, I feel like a get dumber over there the longer I hang around....

Dominicano
08-29-2008, 07:10 AM
nice man, Now I know whichs one to get in case I go that route, big people need some seat hugging too!

mrjaydeeone
08-29-2008, 06:26 PM
nice pick up Brian

nice man, Now I know whichs one to get in case I go that route, big people need some seat hugging too!
LOL

DOHCstunr
08-29-2008, 10:16 PM
Not bad, look very comfy! Definitely wait on the harness till you get your cage. I dont understand people that get harness' without cages, not thanks!

I'm rocking a 20$ ebay harness. I only put it in my car to keep my body from moving when I autocross.
Makes a world of difference when your body doesn't move independant of the car.
But I would NEVER wear ANY harness on the street. EVER.
People who do... are retards.

Brian,
seats look pretty suave.
Is that sport fabric?

JDM4G64T
08-30-2008, 06:48 AM
they are slightly softer than others like the Milano/Torino, but it seems they will keep me in place.

Nice can't wait to see them installed. Don't blame you for sending the partially torn one back.....

Stewi
08-30-2008, 07:14 AM
I'm rocking a 20$ ebay harness. I only put it in my car to keep my body from moving when I autocross.
Makes a world of difference when your body doesn't move independant of the car.
But I would NEVER wear ANY harness on the street. EVER.
People who do... are retards.

Brian,
seats look pretty suave.
Is that sport fabric?

Yeah the fabric is not really cloth but some type of synthetic woven material. It feels pretty good actually, im just hoping that the interior shop has something comprable so I dont have to sell my kidney to buy the fabric from sparco to do my door panels, headliner and rear seats.

JDM4G64T
08-30-2008, 07:15 AM
yeah the fabric is not really cloth but some type of synthetic woven material. It feels pretty good actually, im just hoping that the interior shop has something comprable so i dont have to sell my kidney to buy the fabric from sparco to do my door panels, headliner and rear seats.

^^haha

galant350z
10-07-2008, 11:54 PM
hey, installed yet? where are you gettng the sliders from? i thinking about picking up a used set of evo 9 seats

fatal1
10-08-2008, 02:29 AM
the 3g sliders prob wont work, i have custom brackets installed for my evo 8 seats and you have to set the seat a tad more towards the center console as apposed to being perfectly center because of the top part of the seat where it flares out. stewi was having this problem with these seats, he may still have the sliders if you would like to give it a shot but it will definately be a tight fit is they even do work

galant350z
10-08-2008, 07:06 AM
the 3g sliders prob wont work, i have custom brackets installed for my evo 8 seats and you have to set the seat a tad more towards the center console as apposed to being perfectly center because of the top part of the seat where it flares out. stewi was having this problem with these seats, he may still have the sliders if you would like to give it a shot but it will definately be a tight fit is they even do work

where did you get you custom brackets from?

therev
10-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Those look mad sick dude, Howd the new paintjob turn out?
~Gabe

fatal1
10-08-2008, 02:37 PM
they were made, metal plates to the stock sliders

Stewi
10-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Paint hasnt been done yet.

Craig I actually just got the seats to fit in last night. I havent installed them but I finally got them to the point where they fit. So listen to this..... I had to move the e-brake handle about 3/4" towards the console so that the base of the handle wouldnt be hitting the seat. I had to actually cut the base mount off the handle and cut the pivot shaft and weld up some stuff. With that modification the top shoulder bolster in the seat just barely clears the upper seat belt mount. If I ever have to put a cage in this car, im most likely going to need different seats.

I used 3g eclipse sparco base brackets and sparco specific sliders. Sparco seats use their own specific sliders, they are not the same bolt pattern as any other brand of seat as far as I know. My old brackets for my tenzo's fit Recaro's as well, but werent even close to my Sparco's. Whats weird is my old tenzo base brackets were for the 3g and they fit without mods, but I had to modify the passenger side one from sparco. I tell you, nothing is easy with this car, NOTHING.

Censee
10-11-2008, 02:18 PM
who i hadent seen this thread,, nice elegant seats man....love it

G-spot
10-11-2008, 03:12 PM
I envy those seats :)

fatal1
10-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Paint hasnt been done yet.

Craig I actually just got the seats to fit in last night. I havent installed them but I finally got them to the point where they fit. So listen to this..... I had to move the e-brake handle about 3/4" towards the console so that the base of the handle wouldnt be hitting the seat. I had to actually cut the base mount off the handle and cut the pivot shaft and weld up some stuff. With that modification the top shoulder bolster in the seat just barely clears the upper seat belt mount. If I ever have to put a cage in this car, im most likely going to need different seats.

I used 3g eclipse sparco base brackets and sparco specific sliders. Sparco seats use their own specific sliders, they are not the same bolt pattern as any other brand of seat as far as I know. My old brackets for my tenzo's fit Recaro's as well, but werent even close to my Sparco's. Whats weird is my old tenzo base brackets were for the 3g and they fit without mods, but I had to modify the passenger side one from sparco. I tell you, nothing is easy with this car, NOTHING.

lmao thats nuts, glad you got them to work though,

Stewi
10-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Ok so here are some pics of the installed product. I put it in on the driver side first, confirmed the fitment, then modified the passenger side brackets the same way so it all works out. I forgot to take pics while on the driver side, ohh well. The seats are back out now along with the rest of the interior for paint....

Modified E-Brake mount

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/EvoInside/Seats2008002.jpg

Seats installed...like I said, they JUST BARELY FIT.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/EvoInside/Seats2008001.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/EvoInside/Seats2008004.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/EvoInside/Seats2008003.jpg

SkylineG1
10-12-2008, 04:53 PM
More pics B

Ivory8g
10-12-2008, 06:57 PM
drool

fatal1
10-12-2008, 09:32 PM
nice