PDA

View Full Version : The Ivory Vrg Hybrid - She Finally Has A Build Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

sponcar
10-04-2009, 11:39 PM
^That would be sick....

beam514
10-04-2009, 11:53 PM
any idea on overall cost of the two different routes?

Galantfan88
10-05-2009, 12:17 AM
Not bad with the build keep up with the good work, but instead of changing the TB why not the intake manifold with the 03 outlander? Just asking, but other than that good job.

4g63lover
10-05-2009, 08:54 AM
i know right? its stock on the 6g74! it should fit the stock IM just fine seeing as how the butterfly plate wont fully go into the manifold but if i decide to keep the Sohc i will go outlander mani if i decide to go dohc then i will have lots of manifold choices. i might also have an intake manifold built for the sohc. i'm thinking i like the sound of a sohc that can kick ass and take names. dohc has been tried and true but a little over done. there are plenty sohc race cars that put down awesome numbers. way higher that i am looking for too. what do you guys think?

that would be pretty sweet. I'm doing the same until it blows up.. then new engine time! =)

SPD_FRK
10-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Not bad with the build keep up with the good work, but instead of changing the TB why not the intake manifold with the 03 outlander? Just asking, but other than that good job.
The intake manifold he has now is an individual runner design and not like the traditional cast ones. Going to a cast manifold with a larger plenum space and straight shot runners to the head usually causes a lack of low-end power/torque, even on boosted applications (Check out the "Indy" Manifold for the Neon guys, many of them had those but ditched back to the OEM manifold for the same reason). With the intake he has currently, combined with a larger throttle body I would imagine his low-end numbers being relatively the same, but having some increase in the mid-range RPM with the less restrictive part.

4g63lover
10-05-2009, 09:57 AM
The problem with the stock I4 intake manifold is that they're notorious for cracking when the intake piping is mounted on the frame. I.E. AEM and Injen's CAI. So if you are turbo make sure your I/C piping is NOT bolted down to the frame. Make sure it moves with the motor when under load. and same with the CAI, make sure that you use the mount on the motor instead of the frame rail.

qnz
10-05-2009, 10:04 AM
The intake manifold he has now is an individual runner design and not like the traditional cast ones. Going to a cast manifold with a larger plenum space and straight shot runners to the head usually causes a lack of low-end power/torque, even on boosted applications (Check out the "Indy" Manifold for the Neon guys, many of them had those but ditched back to the OEM manifold for the same reason). With the intake he has currently, combined with a larger throttle body I would imagine his low-end numbers being relatively the same, but having some increase in the mid-range RPM with the less restrictive part.

I dunno, my logic would have that vice versa. In a SUV like the Outlander, you would think they need more TQ than the Galant. And manifolds with longer runners like our stock ones = higher hq over tq.

But without someone doing back to back dyno tests, this is all hypothetical and I'm just talking out my butt. hehe

Galantfan88
10-05-2009, 10:33 AM
I dunno, my logic would have that vice versa. In a SUV like the Outlander, you would think they need more TQ than the Galant. And manifolds with longer runners like our stock ones = higher hq over tq.

But without someone doing back to back dyno tests, this is all hypothetical and I'm just talking out my butt. hehe

Well, we will find out once my car is done cuz i put the 03 outlander intake manifold on my engine with turbo. So ill get a dyno check and see what number come out.

SPD_FRK
10-05-2009, 10:37 AM

It would make sense that way, but everything I have played around with or helped build its been the opposite. Even my Harley I added a big bore TB assembly (already had CNCd heads and cam in it) and I actually lost torque on the low-end, and gained very little on top end.

Also when we built my buddy's Neon with the Hahn turbo kit with the Indy manifold it was noticeably laggy on the low-mid range RPMs. This was tested both on the initial ngine build running around 13psi of boost, then again he tested it out last summer with the fully built block running 18-20psi and still had poor low-end. Swapped to his stock manifold and had very noticeable improvements.

Depending on the specific nature of the driving style (ie drags, autox, or DD), different configurations will fit that engine's primary RPM range. If you do a lot of highway driving and very little stop light to stop light traffic, something like the outlander manifold with a big bore TB would be great because it will pick up in the mid-high end RPM range, but the low-end will suffer. This is because of the increased amount of air space between the cylinder head and TB and will cause a very laggy low-end on the street (other factors play in, especially things like choice of turbo used).

qnz
10-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Well, we will find out once my car is done cuz i put the 03 outlander intake manifold on my engine with turbo. So ill get a dyno check and see what number come out.

sounds like youre adding a few things at once so the gains would not be accurate.

I'ld be curious to see how much tq/hp is added or lost when only changing the manifold out. but we dont have that type of time and resources to test that.

SPD_FRK
10-05-2009, 11:14 AM
sounds like youre adding a few things at once so the gains would not be accurate.

I'ld be curious to see how much tq/hp is added or lost when only changing the manifold out. but we dont have that type of time and resources to test that.
Somebody just needs to go get a tune *cough*Marc*cough lol

The key thing top look at is not just the peak numbers like most people want to see, if you want a good tune for your own car/driving, look closer where the curve is making the most tq/hp, and where in the RPM range it starts/falls off.

Ivory8g
10-05-2009, 01:03 PM
DOHC = another $2000+ and in general replacement part are more expensive especially when talking about an evo head like i would use if i went this route

SOHC = parts are cheaper in general and porting and changing cams and the likes would definitely be under $2000.

My thoughts. nobody has gone all out on a sohc. they pretty much just discard it as being harder to tune than a dohc and it makes less power than dohc. that might only be true passed a certain power goal and its EASIER to make that power goal out of a dohc engine than it is on a sohc engine. people that i have seen in other threads barely tapping 250-260 whp running 12psi with an evo head on a stock block with an evo IX turbo is pretty depressing if you ask me.
1) I know I am close if not already in that range. (gotta find a good tuning place!)
2) why spend the money and time to pull the head and all that if its not gonna do that much good, or i can land my desired whp/wtq without it?
3) I can make a kickass sohc have cheaper parts and stomp me a lot of dohc ^_^

as for the intake mani, my ic piping is definitely not bolted down and the welds on the manifold are actually really good welds! the stock I4 manifold is good for something because my 60 trim is still spooling in the same rpm range my big evo 3 16g was! still chucked full of torque and can spin the wheels through 1st 2nd and 3rd. eclipse guys with the same 2.4 were whining about how the same turbo was laggy and they werent at full boost until 4k-4.5k where as i am there at 3k and can hear it spooling at 2500! the only difference? they appear to have the typical dsm intake mani instead of the tubular design we have. so apparently our intake mani improves low and mid power!

SPD_FRK
10-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Its about time you woke up today lol...

Doing the head swap is really good if you want to get really picky about the tuning, especially when you cam play around with cam timing with adjustable gears. For a DD, with some power the SOCH is still sufficient

Ivory8g
10-05-2009, 01:35 PM
STFU! haha I know you guys got a lot of talking in!
I think i am going to stick with the SOHC; eventually if I want more power for my DD i will most likely go DOHC but for now I'm sure I will be happy with a 350whp goal. Lol dude I kept up with a 300C the other day all through 1st 2nd and 3rd but once I disengaged 3rd he passed me. I pulled aside and talked to him and his girl and he was like whats in this thing? an evo engine? I laughed and was like no its a 4g64 and he gave me the weirdest look...and said the single cam? and I nodded and said i just boosted it and it was untuned at 7lbs....you should have seen his face. looked like he saw a ghost. he then told me that he dyno'd at 425 to the wheels. I think thats what really made me think about if I really need DOHC or if it will just be something to say yeah i did cause everyone ditches it once they get serious? On the street the Sohc can hold its own for damn sure! Power to weight ratio ftw lol. *goes and strips everything out of his car*

beam514
10-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Power to weight ratio ftw lol. *goes and strips everything out of his car*

like power steering.. *cough... hahah
but my opinion is if your power goal is attainable with SOHC, then stay SOHC

Ivory8g
10-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Blackheart keeps trying to make me get rid of it....but with my next wheel setup.....I dunno

SPD_FRK
10-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Blackheart keeps trying to make me get rid of it....but with my next wheel setup.....I dunno
Wimp...

LOL

Its not too bad, but dayum...you beat a 300C with that much power is nuts man. I wish I could have seen the dude's face though, that stuff makes me laugh and I can never keep a straight face lol

qnz
10-05-2009, 02:51 PM
John showed me this Dyno graph of a SOHC wrx vs DOHC wrx, both stock

http://www.submariner.org/thepno95/Pictures/Subaru/Dyno%20curves/SOHC%20vs%20DOHC.jpg
thread: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1577762

I wish someone did back to back runs like this just to see the power difference

This is for the WRX engine, remind you. Not saying that this curve applies for our engine.

Ivory8g
10-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Wimp...

LOL

Its not too bad, but dayum...you beat a 300C with that much power is nuts man. I wish I could have seen the dude's face though, that stuff makes me laugh and I can never keep a straight face lol
Oh i didnt beat him i was dead even with him 1st through 3rd gears but once i disengaged 3rd to go to 4th thats when he passed me. I was pretty stoked once i knew how much he was making haha and I havent tuned yet. ;-D

John showed me this Dyno graph of a SOHC wrx vs DOHC wrx, both stock

I wish someone did back to back runs like this just to see the power difference

This is for the WRX engine, remind you. Not saying that this curve applies for our engine.

Wow thats pretty interesting! I'm more curious about the Sohc/Dohc differences now, like up to what hp/tq range they will be the same performance wise. damn a comparison like that would be awesome for our platform!

Oh i also bolted the 74 tb on and took a peek inside.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/IMG00119-20091005-1434.jpg
Butterfly valve actuates perfectly but the manifold definitely needs to be ported and i can even see the gasket lol wtf. hmmm i wonder....a diamante gasket is prolly in order actually.

Ivory8g
10-07-2009, 09:17 AM
meh so lately i have been burning through coilpacks like there was no tomorrow and I couldnt figure out why. until it hit me.....spark plugs....havent changed them since i have been boosted. On a COP (coil on plug) system over time spark plugs burn out and as they do the coils have to work harder supply more voltage to the spark plugs so they can jump the gap and ignite the fuel properly. I noticed my coilpacks were literally burning up and splitting open when they died. baisically they are working themselves to death trying to compensate for the plugs that are worn down. major case of not replacing a cheap part and because of that i am replacing more expensive parts...so now she sits until i can get some 7 range plugs from ebay and my girl can take me to get a coilpack from a salvage yard. FUN!!

SPD_FRK
10-07-2009, 09:30 AM
meh so lately i have been burning through coilpacks like there was no tomorrow and I couldnt figure out why. until it hit me.....spark plugs....havent changed them since i have been boosted. On a COP (coil on plug) system over time spark plugs burn out and as they do the coils have to work harder supply more voltage to the spark plugs so they can jump the gap and ignite the fuel properly. I noticed my coilpacks were literally burning up and splitting open when they died. baisically they are working themselves to death trying to compensate for the plugs that are worn down. major case of not replacing a cheap part and because of that i am replacing more expensive parts...so now she sits until i can get some 7 range plugs from ebay and my girl can take me to get a coilpack from a salvage yard. FUN!!
Dude seriously you didnt swap out the plugs??? lol

Well hopefully we can avoid the hot fried coil again, that crap was nuts!

Ivory8g
10-07-2009, 11:02 AM
hey i got some that were two ranges colder and the plan was to get more for tuning and replacing and it might have slipped my mind..... :-(

yeah and we arent joking it really is a hot fried coil!

look what I found on wiki about the 4g64.

"The version used in the Chrysler Sebring/Stratus coupes produced 152 hp (110 kW) at 5500 rpm with 162 ft·lbf (214 N·m) of torque at 4000 rpm. The Chrysler version features fracture-split forged powder metal connecting rods."

wtf.....the chrysler engines got forged rods? wait wtf is fracture-split forging anyways?

"As is described in U.S. Pat. No. 3,818,577 to Bailey et al., fracture splitting is an advantageous technique from the standpoint of reducing manufacturing costs for producing machine components, such as connecting rods for inexpensive engines. But, as they also indicate, high quality connecting rods and the like, such as are utilized for diesel engines and high output gasoline engines, for example, require the use of high strength, high ductility (toughness) materials that are unsuitable for breaking without excessive distortion. For the indicated reason, Bailey et al. disclose a method for manufacturing high strength connecting rods by machining a part formed as a single piece, and then using an electron beam to create a frangible zone of very hard brittle steel along an intended parting plane. This frangible zone is created by heating the material to above the austenitic temperature of the metal and quenching it. The part can then be fractured into two pieces along the embrittled fracture line, so that a pair of parts result which have irregular mating surfaces which provide a substantial resistance to sliding between the two parts. However, the electron beam may not be capable of penetrating, and thus treating, parts having thick sections, making it difficult to obtain a thin controlled zone in the bore region. Furthermore, this process creates tool problems when finish machining the bore due to the presence of hard, brittle stripes in the otherwise ductile surface of the bore. Still further, this process requires expensive equipment and an extra processing operation, not to mention the possible need for stress relieving, all of which increase costs."

Screw you Chrysler..... thats all i have to say about that. SCREW YOU!

also on wiki in the same paragraph about the 4g64....

"Early models were 8-valve SOHC, but a later 16-valve SOHC and DOHC version was also produced"

THERE ARE STOCK.... DOHC 4G64 engines running around?!......uhm....wtf!?

4g63lover
10-07-2009, 11:08 AM
THERE ARE STOCK.... DOHC 4G64 engines running around?!......uhm....wtf!?

yeah, it's in a 7G. the 94 GS.

the 8V 4G64's are in models earlier than the 7G iirc. barely any are used today.

Ivory8g
10-07-2009, 11:23 AM
lame. those engines are on the wrong side. boo!

SPD_FRK
10-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Get outside and swap that TB already LOL

Ivory8g
10-07-2009, 12:03 PM
LOL silence! I cant do the wiring cause I dont have any butt connectors and I cant drive and get some :( and home lowes is like an hour if i walk. eff that.

SPD_FRK
10-07-2009, 12:05 PM
LOL silence! I cant do the wiring cause I dont have any butt connectors and I cant drive and get some :( and home lowes is like an hour if i walk. eff that.
*runs to the electrical bins and grabs some connectors*

Whats your address Ill ship them LOL J/k

Days like that suck man.

Ivory8g
10-07-2009, 12:12 PM
lol it would totally take longer than a day to ship and you are a stones throw way (yes my arm is that good) haha
yeah I'm gonna go pull those USELESS spark plugs out of my car now lol

I will leave you with this
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__IUX__d_I34/SiBRXH766mI/AAAAAAAAAKQ/2sW1yhV-xgE/s1600/collegehumor.6923b3b6cf21d66d1feee05125e733fc.jpg
ROFL!

SPD_FRK
10-07-2009, 12:25 PM
o_O

WTf??? Did they have to pull out the space craft up there to run next to Ivory now or what lol

Ivory8g
10-07-2009, 03:32 PM
yeah that lotus was quick.......ok ok i'll stop lying! That was just a picture i found on a blog that I found hilarious and wanted to share. I was curious if someone thought it would be me racing a lotus and they dude had a storm trooper helm on lmfao!

Ivory8g
10-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Pulled the plugs and took a look
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1391.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1394.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1398.jpg

they're burning nice and clean they must just be worn out. perhaps this is also the reason i cant boost past 7lbs...

mko
10-07-2009, 04:09 PM
They look fine

Is the gap correct? 0.28-0.32

0.44 wont do it for you any more

Ivory8g
10-07-2009, 05:04 PM
yeah i gapped em to 0.28 im wondering if I shouldnt gap the new ones a little farther.

edit: actually the larger the gap the better. So a larger gap results in a larger spark and more power, but it pulls more volts from the coil and makes it work a little bit harder, whereas a smaller gap will put less strain on the coil and make a little less power.

basically up to a certain psi you want to gap as big as you can get it without reaching "blow out" and when upping the boost its best to make the gap smaller to reduce the chance of misfire!

Cliff Notes: Run a larger gap for more power. If you get misfire, then you need to shorten the gap.

4g63lover
10-07-2009, 10:07 PM
yeah i gapped em to 0.28 im wondering if I shouldnt gap the new ones a little farther.

edit: actually the larger the gap the better. So a larger gap results in a larger spark and more power, but it pulls more volts from the coil and makes it work a little bit harder, whereas a smaller gap will put less strain on the coil and make a little less power.

basically up to a certain psi you want to gap as big as you can get it without reaching "blow out" and when upping the boost its best to make the gap smaller to reduce the chance of misfire!

Cliff Notes: Run a larger gap for more power. If you get misfire, then you need to shorten the gap.

damn. I've been working on turbo cars a while and I never knew that. Learn something knew everyday

SPD_FRK
10-07-2009, 10:23 PM
damn. I've been working on turbo cars a while and I never knew that. Learn something knew everyday
A great book to pick up that covers every detail of boosting is called "Maximum Boost" by Korkey Bell. I have yet to locate my copy, pretty sure my old roomy in MN has it though...definitely something to keep on hand because it goes in depth about a lot of this stuff.

Hopefully you get the car running good once the new plugs are in, I almost wonder if they didnt have something to do with the freak idle issue.

Ivory8g
10-08-2009, 12:06 AM

Its really amazing how much sticks when you have it on your hands! This is why you build a disposable motor first then build up to the badass one :P

A great book to pick up that covers every detail of boosting is called "Maximum Boost" by Korkey Bell. I have yet to locate my copy, pretty sure my old roomy in MN has it though...definitely something to keep on hand because it goes in depth about a lot of this stuff.

Hopefully you get the car running good once the new plugs are in, I almost wonder if they didnt have something to do with the freak idle issue.

Dude i have a copy of that book on cd. And yeah im wondering too, and im thinking im going to get a new 02 sensor as well.

Ivory8g
10-08-2009, 12:32 AM
wow just took a look back in my thread and the spark plugs have been in for at least 7 months -______- wow. they lasted pretty long under harsh conditions. im hoping thats a lot of the problem.

WhiteGalant
10-08-2009, 03:44 AM
Hehe I got a vrg rear bumper for $55 brand new. :)

Ivory8g
10-08-2009, 01:22 PM
*punches Fred in the face and steals the bumper*

Ivory8g
10-08-2009, 06:51 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1400.jpg
got a replacement coil today and whoa mother effer is huge!! must be an aftermarket of some sort! aftermarket on the left stock on the right.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1399.jpg
pulled my sides off yesterday (wow it gets dirty under there) and boy am i glad i did. was going to raise it back to stock or close to stock height more like it for winter.

stvn_mj
10-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Even with steelies it looks clean.Is that the other front bumper you were working on?

Ivory8g
10-08-2009, 07:10 PM
hah thanks dude! yeah it was but after i had that spin out i had to put it on :-(

4g63lover
10-08-2009, 11:19 PM
you have a different color hood? ar eyou going to put your sides back on?

IVORY_G
10-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Where are the 3G wheels?

Ivory8g
10-09-2009, 01:44 AM
sold the 3g wheels, sides will go back on when there isnt snow on the ground, and yeah I have blackhearts old hood :-p that spin out dented my hood so i took his. also a chick reversed into my hood so it doesnt look bent but it doesnt fit right at least this fits right.

IVORY_G
10-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Why would you sell those wheels?! They were perfect on your car! You just lost cool points SMH. LOL!

SPD_FRK
10-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Ive got those 16" steelies still!!!! hahaha

Ivory8g
10-09-2009, 05:47 PM
there are plenty more that i can just spray paint black again. I needed the money more than anything, my car will survive.

4g63lover
10-09-2009, 05:52 PM
you should get Adrian's hubcaps dude. the rusty steelies are doing ivory no justice.

Ivory8g
10-09-2009, 05:59 PM
its winter, meh i dont care. nobody's car looks pretty. it's the least of my concerns for now. trust me guys it will be worth it! the money will spent on something better

IVORY_G
10-09-2009, 07:35 PM
My car is pretty year round ;P LOL! But I hear ya, you should do the EVO brake swap and throw some EVO IX wheels on there :D Just a thought! Lol!

Ivory8g
10-09-2009, 09:27 PM
STFU no its not!!! ^its gonna be better than that setup for sure!

Ivory8g
10-10-2009, 03:41 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1401.jpg

-_-

and on another note after much research the bigger coilpack was actually made by a company called S.T.I. (spark transfer international) A company based out of germany and goes by an alias/partner company of karlyn ind. inc. They mostly support Euro cars but they do still make parts for other imports. It seems that very few people carry the products for the imports anymore. There are a ton of parts for the euro cars on ebay and on other part sites. In any case they are really good quality. All of their ignition coils are Direct Ignition! More spark with boost is a definite plus! More power in the mid to high, less prone to break up under load, and the coils work nowhere near as hard as the stock units that i am burning through, and better mpg as well! Baisically Direct Ignition=the coil getting a longer time to accumulate a charge between sparks, and therefore a higher energy spark which burns more of the fuel completely.
So I searched up and down and could only find someone carrying the coilpacks for our mitsu cars and I could only find one ebay seller selling the spark plug wire set by STI..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230385347378&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

So I did some more searching and lo and behold found another reputable company selling direct ignition coils for the 2.4 as well as the upgraded spark plug wire set!
http://www.beckcatalog.com/
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/BA1788225-1.jpg
much bigger than stock just from seeing the picture. looks just like the one by sti
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/BA1756209-1.jpg
matching spark plug wire set, curious how the leads are insulated and what size.

Oh and there is a direct ignition setup by obx on ebay but those are utter crap! you've been warned.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1400.jpg
just a comparison in size between the sti pack and oem.

Just with one coil i can already feel the difference in my mid range, way more responsive. I was like wtf its just one! Cant wait until I can order the whole set and give my review. I put the spark plugs i had taken out back in for now i have some more bkr7es on the way.

stvn_mj
10-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Now that's a real two tone job. I have never seen snow in person in my 21 yrs of age. Good find on those coilpacks.

Ivory8g
10-10-2009, 03:51 PM
haha thats what I was thinking lmao. Wow really? I would want to touch it and play in it if I were you then leave and never see it again! lmao

and yeah I posted all my findings cause someone might need it, and the community will never get anywhere if nobody says nothing!

Ivory8g
10-11-2009, 12:44 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140304434082&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

found some! direct ignition. this is for a set of 4. but i can get the direct ignition coils and the direct ignition leads that go to the coils for the other two cylinders for the price they are selling all 4 coils for.

beam514
10-11-2009, 02:28 AM
Lol there's a typo in your paragraph. You wrote "Direct Injection" instead of Direct Ignition haha. I was like wtf how is a coil pack now an injector??? lol

but nice find

IVORY_G
10-11-2009, 09:03 AM
STFU no its not!!! ^its gonna be better than that setup for sure!

LOL! Dont be Salty like Lawry's! LOL! Better you say? Hmmmm... I'll be the judge of that! Lol!
Nice find on the coil packs, do you think they woild be ok to put on my G? Im running NGK spark plugs and wires, with no real performance mods besides intake and exhaust...

stvn_mj
10-11-2009, 12:03 PM
When will you put on the diamante TB?

Ivory8g
10-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Lol there's a typo in your paragraph. You wrote "Direct Injection" instead of Direct Ignition haha. I was like wtf how is a coil pack now an injector??? lol

but nice find
Lol thanks! I fixed it haha that's funny!

LOL! Dont be Salty like Lawry's! LOL! Better you say? Hmmmm... I'll be the judge of that! Lol!
Nice find on the coil packs, do you think they woild be ok to put on my G? Im running NGK spark plugs and wires, with no real performance mods besides intake and exhaust...

Lmao! I'll be as salty as i wanna be!!!! Yeah it will help any G, you would see an increase in mpg at the very least, but I know you will feel more pep being n/a. People with heavily modified n/a cars usually step up to direct ignition or plasma setups.

When will you put on the diamante TB?
Its snowing and freezing outside and will be for a while so until it warms up it will have to stay off until i get a garage or something. frozen hands + connecting wires = high chance of phuking stuff up!

Ivory8g
11-04-2009, 07:35 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1444.jpg
new bov, and installed the 6g74 throttle body
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1442.jpg

my car was trying to cut off and crap and then i just took it for a spin until it stopped dying at idle and damn shiz is hella responsive wtf? o_O i cant believe the tb made that big a difference it growls 24/7 now not just when i step on it. freaking badass!

also went to get tuned today was on the dyno and everything and then found out that i cant log the vac/psi....i thought it would have just read off the map sensor but for some reason my emanage isnt reading it and i dont know why. ghey. i need a greddy boost pressure sensor and i am just going to go off of that unless someone know why the map sensor isnt giving me vac and boost? maybe its burnt out?

IVORY_G
11-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Cool, but your engine bay looks kinda crowded like a bowl of spaghetti, LOL! Not tryna clown tho. Do you plan on doing some wire tucking and tidying up of the bay, or just sticking with function over looks?

Ivory8g
11-04-2009, 09:03 PM
eventually once i am all done but until then i could care less. that is a whole other project in its self

IVORY_G
11-04-2009, 09:12 PM
eventually once i am all done but until then i could care less. that is a whole other project in its self

Thats cool, I can only imagine how much work it would take to do that with a turbo and all its component in there...

SPD_FRK
11-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Yay the TB is on!!!

That really blows about the dyno run today man, was hoping it would have come out decent for you. Both of our cars are seriously fighting back against us like no other!

Galant306m
11-05-2009, 12:08 AM
BOV recirculation is a no no. lol

cars looking good man

Ivory8g
11-05-2009, 08:30 AM
BOV VTA is a no no. lol

cars looking good man

lol fixt

Ivory8g
11-05-2009, 08:32 AM
Yay the TB is on!!!

That really blows about the dyno run today man, was hoping it would have come out decent for you. Both of our cars are seriously fighting back against us like no other!

no joke bro its pissing me off at least i got it hitting boost again -_-

stvn_mj
11-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Videos!

Ivory8g
11-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Word. I need one of those mounts for my digital cam

SPD_FRK
11-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Word. I need one of those mounts for my digital cam
How about some HD Vid footage...and I have a tripod we can mount inside some how lol

Ivory8g
11-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Oooooh yea your camera does video! Sounds good to me!

beam514
11-05-2009, 02:17 PM
here's how I set mine up:
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/beam514/Galant%20Photos/th_IMG_1379.jpg (http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/beam514/Galant%20Photos/IMG_1379.jpg)

the first time I didn't rope it to the seats, the tripod tipped over and destroyed the lens cover on my point and shoot :(

stvn_mj
11-05-2009, 02:23 PM
^Now thats what I call marvelous engineering.

Ivory8g
11-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Genius

blue8g
11-09-2009, 08:21 PM
how much boost are you running now?

stvn_mj
11-09-2009, 09:30 PM
how much boost are you running now?

Not enough!

Ivory8g
11-09-2009, 10:36 PM
haha 12lbs until it is built

SPD_FRK
11-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Have you had a chance to check out some rod and piston options yet? Wish we could have snagged a good engine or block atleast from the yard before it started getting cold.

Ivory8g
11-09-2009, 10:56 PM
yeah i did but I need to decide for sure what direction i am going dohc or sohc i dont want to spend money twice on different builds

4g63lover
11-09-2009, 11:22 PM
yeah i did but I need to decide for sure what direction i am going dohc or sohc i dont want to spend money twice on different builds

I am! lol. I'm going to make as much power with the SOHC 'til it blows up. Only thing I'm doing is ARP head studs, maybe a thicker HG, and a PnP.

Ivory8g
11-11-2009, 01:31 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/IMG_0067.jpg

got a real greddy bov and took the knockoff crap out cause im not trying to blow a turbo i went name brand on everything why cheap out now? And its a greddy rs, my favorite when it comes to sound and performance level

And yay! fixed my idle issues and boost problems and shifter problems! such a great feeling! I just need a tune now. Just in time for my birthday!!

IVORY_G
11-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Cool, whens ur birthday?

SPD_FRK
11-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Glad to see you got a hold of that guy yesterday man. That thing looks pretty good, too bad its missing the red color lol.

Idle issue solved???? How?? what? LOL that issue itself was a nut buster.

Ivory8g
11-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Cool, whens ur birthday?
Tomorrow!!

Glad to see you got a hold of that guy yesterday man. That thing looks pretty good, too bad its missing the red color lol.

Idle issue solved???? How?? what? LOL that issue itself was a nut buster.

Yeah I took the recirc fitting from the fake greddy and put it on the real one. fits great! i actually like the color of the bov I was wondering what color to powdercoat my bay and fittings and I think that is the color I am going to go with. its awesome! and on the emanage i turned all 4 of the manual air flow adjustment knobs to -20. reset the ecu and stable idle. Its a tad higher than stock but once the tune is done it should be just fine. That bigger tb is killer dude you should pull the tb off the diamante at u pull and pay Matt!

SPD_FRK
11-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Heh...Emanage FTW

Well you have a powdercoater on hook up down here, and we can order the powder color to match the stuff...I think a nice candy red valve cover would look killer ;)

I can't use a Diamante TB anymore though...Lancer is off limits for me to mess with lol. Plus the 75 intake might be something "off" to fit the Q45 TB onto. I definitely need to go for another ride though after you swapped the TB, I can only imagine how much more it pulls now.

Ivory8g
11-11-2009, 08:31 PM
ooooh yyyeahhhh! *kool aid man style!* haha emanage came through big time. when I am driving it will surge a little at idle then even out after about 10 min of driving. straight tuning will take care of that.
Actually I think I want to do something different than red on the valve cover, it always looks like it's trying to be an evo valve cover to me for some reason when I see it. Well actually a nice wrinkle red is pretty kickass! maybe you have a point! :)

hmm i wonder what size the 75 tb is? you might be able to go higher than 90mm? o_O there might be adapter plates that you can use.

Dude with the 74 tb the highway torque is crazy responsive! torque through the whole band its like on tap whenever i want! pure awesomeness!

SPD_FRK
11-11-2009, 09:43 PM
ooooh yyyeahhhh! *kool aid man style!* haha emanage came through big time. when I am driving it will surge a little at idle then even out after about 10 min of driving. straight tuning will take care of that.
Actually I think I want to do something different than red on the valve cover, it always looks like it's trying to be an evo valve cover to me for some reason when I see it. Well actually a nice wrinkle red is pretty kickass! maybe you have a point! :)

hmm i wonder what size the 75 tb is? you might be able to go higher than 90mm? o_O there might be adapter plates that you can use.

Dude with the 74 tb the highway torque is crazy responsive! torque through the whole band its like on tap whenever i want! pure awesomeness!
We can do the wrinkle stuff, pretty much any of those. We just have to buy the powder from the supplier and we can get the stuff done. Tuning will definitely give you a nice even power curve too I would imagine.

The 75 TB I believe is same as the 72. I see they still suggested swapping over the Diamante TB even. An adapter plate is one method, but I think there will be a fab'd upper manifold done.

Ivory8g
11-11-2009, 11:00 PM
sweet the car is starting to run right so its clean up time for the bay and dress up!

hmm i missed that part in the threads about them still wanting to use the diamante tb. a fab'd mani will be the best way for sure. no leaks!

mko
11-11-2009, 11:41 PM
And yay! fixed my idle issues and boost problems and shifter problems! such a great feeling! I just need a tune now. Just in time for my birthday!!

What was causing the boost problem?

Ivory8g
11-11-2009, 11:43 PM
o2 sensor was cooked lol, changed that and the spark plugs and the misfire stopped and boost returned

WhiteGalant
11-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Wanna give me all your old parts? hehe :p

Ivory8g
11-15-2009, 10:12 PM
haha old parts like what? gotta be specific here Fred :P

Ivory8g
11-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Got a lot done today. Changed out my dying hids for new ones with the nice slim profile ballasts. got the greddy pressure sensor today as well and installed that, but my laptop's usb ports died so i cant hook it up to see if its reading properly. I'm sure it is though. so getting ivory tuned round 2 sometime soon. i also got exhaust wrap and silicone spray to wrap the tubular headers and seal them so i wont have all that heat floating around my bay and also increase exhaust scavenging so the turbo should spool faster.

SPD_FRK
11-23-2009, 11:45 PM
Use hose clamps on the heat wrap and trash the clamps the wrap comes with. They are cheap and will eventually let loose. Good to hear you got the pressure sensor installed now too. Any word on that "other" item by chance??

Ohh, and I talked to somebody west of us...we may have a little get together sometime to work on the cars with him ;)

Ivory8g
11-24-2009, 10:06 AM
yeah dude I got just the wrap not the crappy clips and wrap those things really are junk. and yeah the pressure sensor was hella easy of an install, and the "other" item is going down on the 27th sir! YES! so excited about that!

yeah and I would love to have that meet up! he's mad cool and funny as hell! you'll like him when you meet him!

beam514
11-24-2009, 12:57 PM
oh man. you CO boys and your secretiveness...

SPD_FRK
11-24-2009, 01:05 PM
yeah dude I got just the wrap not the crappy clips and wrap those things really are junk. and yeah the pressure sensor was hella easy of an install, and the "other" item is going down on the 27th sir! YES! so excited about that!

yeah and I would love to have that meet up! he's mad cool and funny as hell! you'll like him when you meet him!
Good deal, just make sure if you do it yourself to wear some gloves. Also soak the wrap in water for about 15-20 minutes before you start it definitely helps to get the wrap tighter. We gotta meet up again sometime and hang out. I have a feeling there will be some heavy work done when we do the meet up with him, I can only imagine how nuts it will be lol.

Secrets? What secrets? IDK what you are talking about lol

Ivory8g
11-24-2009, 02:26 PM

secretive? we're not hiding anything!

Lol damn it matt i wish i read that first lol! I just pulled the wrap cause it was pissing me off. not cause i couldnt get it to wrap properly but because that shit was making me itch and crap come to find out its fiberglass -_- had i known that before I would have worn gloves to begin with. but anyways update i am hitting the mani with a high temp silicone first. i was so pissed at the wrap that i was going to leave it at just the silicone coat. but i will try soaking it, perhaps that will keep the dust down and let it wrap better

Ivory8g
11-24-2009, 02:31 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/35591c5f.jpg

oh and yeah there will be craziness when we meet up for sure Matt!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/e27fb5bd.jpg

pics of the hid's from yesterday went with 8k instead of the 6k i had before i also got 3k for the fogs but I have to get new fogs and shrouds cause those were torn to crap when I had the spin out.

SPD_FRK
11-24-2009, 02:38 PM
secretive? we're not hiding anything!

Lol damn it matt i wish i read that first lol! I just pulled the wrap cause it was pissing me off. not cause i couldnt get it to wrap properly but because that shit was making me itch and crap come to find out its fiberglass -_- had i known that before I would have worn gloves to begin with. but anyways update i am hitting the mani with a high temp silicone first. i was so pissed at the wrap that i was going to leave it at just the silicone coat. but i will try soaking it, perhaps that will keep the dust down and let it wrap better
Damn dude, you should have asked me before you started LOL! That silicone spray is actually to be sprayed on the wrap afters its done. That seals up the wrap so it doesn't fray the ends or anything. The silicone spray you put on the tubing before the wrap is put on will likely burn off. Once you get it wrapped and sprayed it will have a funky smell for a while until things are cured and set...but the stuff works awesome.

Ivory8g
11-24-2009, 02:49 PM
yeah i sprayed the wrap and everything when i wrapped it. this stuff is made for turbo manifolds specifically though so it wont burn off, it also seals the wrap like you said to keep the dirt and water out. alright so the wrap has soaked enough to wrapping round 2!

SPD_FRK
11-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Is that my hood???? I can't even see the scratches lol

Ivory8g
11-24-2009, 02:56 PM
haha yeah it is! lol i can see the beginning of the scratch though. gotta look hella hard

SPD_FRK
11-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Could have fooled me man, it looks clean for once lol.

Ivory8g
11-24-2009, 03:03 PM
haha far from it! my car is filthy :-(

Ivory8g
11-24-2009, 03:43 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/02d5b8a9.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/f4aabd11.jpg

WRAPPED!....again....i have a heater on it right now to get the water out so i can spray it with the silicone spray and seal it up.

SPD_FRK
11-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Do you have clamps on the wrap as its drying? I can't really tell from the pics

Ivory8g
11-24-2009, 03:49 PM
i just popped some zip ties on it for right now cause I dont want to spray the clamps with the silicone

Ivory8g
11-24-2009, 05:05 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/f54b207b.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/fb5ae1cc.jpg

dried then coated with the silicone and drying again!

beam514
11-24-2009, 08:54 PM
damn you work fast. You shouldn't be posting on the forums its probably slowing you down! X_x lol

and I can't believe you said "hella".... you're not from Norcal!! booooo

Ivory8g
11-24-2009, 09:45 PM
damn you work fast. You shouldn't be posting on the forums its probably slowing you down! X_x lol

and I can't believe you said "hella".... you're not from Norcal!! booooo

haha fast is the only way to do it! i woulda been faster if i didnt eff the wrapping up the first time lol. And you know I dont know how I started using the word hella....lol good point!

OMG so i took it for a spin and I expected the smoking from the wrap and the silicone layers. i should have taken a picture it looked like i was overheating! haha pretty funny when i looked to see the looks people were giving me :P
After the wrap was done smoking from normal driving i took it up into boost and boy; its hard to believe the difference some wrap and spray makes. Turbo spools a good 300-400rpms earlier and there is some serious whiplash moments haha. My girl was like "wooo....*bobs around in seat*.....wOoOo.....*bobs around in seat* WHOA....*pressed back in seat*

overall I am happy big difference. i would recommend anyone that is boosted or is thinking about this put it on your list and do it!

oh and it was "hella" dark out when I put it back together so no shots of my "bowl of spaghetti" engine bay

beam514
11-24-2009, 10:04 PM
haha bowl of spaghetti or not, we need some pics ASAP

I'm surprised some heat wrap has that much of a benefit, actually

Ivory8g
11-24-2009, 10:30 PM
haha i will take a pic tomorrow. and heck yeah dude I am super surprised that some heat wrap and silicone spray had that effect as well. It keeps all the hot air flowing through the hot side of the turbo, so it stays spooled. makes sense. just i cant believe that i can feel it that much.

showtime
11-24-2009, 10:56 PM
i want your car so bad, its one of the sexiest cars I have ever seen dude. I dont write on your build often but I keep track a lot. Keep it up man!

Ivory8g
11-24-2009, 11:19 PM
thanks dude! write more often! :-) but yeah wait until i get started with the external again and deliver on the plans i have for 2010! straight hotness is coming!

Ivory8g
11-25-2009, 11:58 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/ae5453bc.jpg

Just ordered a black turbo blanket, more wrap for my downpipe, and a front bumper to match my car again!

Ivory8g
12-03-2009, 06:22 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/photo.jpg
turbo blanket and lots of wrap for the downpipe! as sooon.....as it stops snowing, cause im crazy but im not crazy enough to wet that wrap and crawl under my car in 15 degrees and snow.....but i really want it on!

SPD_FRK
12-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Pfffft...its only like 10* outside.... you can do it man! hahaha F that

That turbo blanket looks like it will do the job pretty good. The manifold wrap turned out really good, noticable difference in heat expelled when you pop the hood now?

Ivory8g
12-03-2009, 07:21 PM
thanks Matt! yeah its a heck of a lot cooler when you open my hood now. its insane, i think anyone with a tubular should wrap or coat, or both. forget if it looks cool or not. the inside of the turbo blanket makes me think of a badass oven mitt lmao

Ivory8g
12-04-2009, 11:51 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/af30a86c.jpg
uh oh!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/7ceb0a58.jpg
oooh!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/b35a66f8.jpg
new carbon fiber emblem added

gotta trim the new one to fit my fmic and for it not to be like -10 outside!

:p

beam514
12-05-2009, 12:52 AM
how much did that thing cost? you get it from the dealership?!?

4g63lover
12-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Ivory is going to look sexy again!!!

SPD_FRK
12-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Sweet spare bumper! hahaha. The car will look good with the matched bumper again man, sucks that it is freezing cold out still though.

Ivory8g
12-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Hell yeah! But yeah sucks I can't even put it on yet :-(

Ivory8g
12-13-2009, 01:47 PM
I put on the turbo blanket this morning. Spoolup is better. Gotta do some data logging and give some concrete numbers for boost and rpm.
On the iPhone so the quick pic I took before work will be up in a seperate post

Ivory8g
12-13-2009, 01:57 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/951fe496.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/08736a52.jpg

hopefully it will warm up so I can get under the car and wrap the downpipe with the ceramic/fiberglass wrap to maximize the spoolup

sponcar
12-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Amazing... Is one of the turbo G that push me to go with turbo..
I'm Not planning to go for big numbers but enough to hit 200hp
so it's gonna be my summer project for my g...
Hope to c u around and help me out...
Btw I still dunno wat should be the best and easy way to perfomance the fuel rail and injectors..
I don't get wat space and washer means.. I think that I spell right.!!

beam514
12-13-2009, 06:07 PM
awww the snail looks all warm and cozy now
nice work can't wait to hear the results of this and wrapping the downpipe

Ivory8g
12-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Sponcar there is a thread on club3g that I know has pics of the little black spacers for the fuel rail and which injectors to get.

Adrian: haha it's ultra cozy in it's little blanket ^_^ I'll prolly do some logging on wed or thurs. Since I have those two days off if it is a reasonable degree I will wrap the dp as well since I have a garage again.

mko
12-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Daym, I like that 50 trim, but I just cant drop 900 on it. I like the blanket tho. What tubulat manifold is that? Any cracks?

Ivory8g
12-13-2009, 08:54 PM
That's a 60 trim bro! Precision 6032 turbo. And it's an eBay tubular I coated with ceramic spray. So far so good and no cracks! The blanket definitely does it's job! I can put my hand on it right after driving and it's warm but not hot

Ivory8g
12-16-2009, 01:43 PM
face change anyone?! aww yeah! got up first thing this morning and fired up the dremel so it could fit the ic!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1445.jpg
adios blue bumper!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1452.jpg
awww...
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1450.jpg
...shiet!

fogs coming and 3k hids for them and some more stuff! stay tuned!

mko
12-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Paint the roof black. Itll look seksy. Panda 8g

When I buy an 8g, it will be most def a white one

4g63lover
12-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Looks good Marc!!! Seksiii as shiet!

stvn_mj
12-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Looks good Marc!!! Seksiii as shiet!

X2. Looks clean bro. I would like to have a stock looking sleeper with SMIC but that FMIC looks killer.

greddy
12-16-2009, 03:51 PM
you need to put some evo 8 vents in your front bumper above the bottom opening for more air to the fmic, nice to see her in white again :)

Ivory8g
12-16-2009, 03:57 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/2c3ed606.jpg

thanks peeps! Yeah greddy I really want to get carbon fiber ducts and that the evo 8s have but I don't think they will fit at all just looking at the space.

But yeah put the sides back on and boy do pics not do justice. Looks soooo much better in white! Gawd! I just want to finish my wheel setup and get her all dialed in!

stvn_mj
12-16-2009, 04:14 PM
What wheels are you getting next?

Ivory8g
12-16-2009, 04:26 PM
It's a surprize!!!!! It's aggressive is all I am saying ^_^

SPD_FRK
12-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Jebus! I didn't realize how big your IC was bro...we have got to do something to get that thing some more air flow. You can see right where it goes through usuaully lol. Car looks good now with a matching front bumper. My hood somehow still looks pretty good for its condition lol.

I want to see those wheels on come spring time! Also, whats the word for next week? I am off Thursday and Friday from the sounds of it, but We could still probably bring the cars in on Thursday if you are off

beam514
12-16-2009, 08:36 PM
damn thats a good sized intercooler LOL

RedGalant2k1
12-16-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm just glad the FMIC isn't bling bright, I hate that crap.

Keep it up, can't wait to see the wheels!

M-Rod
12-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Coming along well Marc! I can't wait to see the next step.

Ivory8g
12-16-2009, 11:44 PM
Jebus! I didn't realize how big your IC was bro...we have got to do something to get that thing some more air flow. You can see right where it goes through usuaully lol. Car looks good now with a matching front bumper. My hood somehow still looks pretty good for its condition lol.

I want to see those wheels on come spring time! Also, whats the word for next week? I am off Thursday and Friday from the sounds of it, but We could still probably bring the cars in on Thursday if you are off
Lame bro! I work 9:45-6:00 on thursday! we can still meet up if you're down though!
yeah I know I have to get in super close to see any of the scratches on the hood lool! and the wheel setup is gonna be dope! you will witness the awesomeness :) oh and about the flow...i dont know why that part faded like that but there is a lot more of the fmic that is exposed that didnt fade like that and its wide open for airflow. Perhaps thats where a lot of the slush and water hits while driving.
Lol but its a mishimoto m-line i believe....bitch is huge!

I'm just glad the FMIC isn't bling bright, I hate that crap.

Keep it up, can't wait to see the wheels!

ugh! I'm glad you think the same way i do on that. I hate that crap too!

Thanks everyone for the inspiring comments!

greddy
12-17-2009, 01:02 AM
thanks peeps! Yeah greddy I really want to get carbon fiber ducts and that the evo 8s have but I don't think they will fit at all just looking at the space.

But yeah put the sides back on and boy do pics not do justice. Looks soooo much better in white! Gawd! I just want to finish my wheel setup and get her all dialed in!

not the foglight area, I meant the vents in the middle of the bumper like this

http://lancerevo.us/images/lancer-evo-8.jpg

see the vents above the FMIC< that's what I'm talking about

SPD_FRK
12-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Lame bro! I work 9:45-6:00 on thursday! we can still meet up if you're down though!
yeah I know I have to get in super close to see any of the scratches on the hood lool! and the wheel setup is gonna be dope! you will witness the awesomeness :) oh and about the flow...i dont know why that part faded like that but there is a lot more of the fmic that is exposed that didnt fade like that and its wide open for airflow. Perhaps thats where a lot of the slush and water hits while driving.
Lol but its a mishimoto m-line i believe....bitch is huge!

That sucks man, well maybe I will just pull my car inside and work on it for the day while getting paid time off hahah. We should be able to meet up after you get off work though I imagine, I will figure out something so its easy to get done.

Ivory8g
12-17-2009, 12:07 PM
not the foglight area, I meant the vents in the middle of the bumper like this

http://lancerevo.us/images/lancer-evo-8.jpg

see the vents above the FMIC< that's what I'm talking about
oh like the mk3 supras too. hmmm that might be a solution i have to consider!

That sucks man, well maybe I will just pull my car inside and work on it for the day while getting paid time off hahah. We should be able to meet up after you get off work though I imagine, I will figure out something so its easy to get done.

yeah man it does suck, but I am getting killer overtime for working the day before and the day after christmas so i cant complain :P but yeah i am down for meeting after work I will just change out of the fancy duds they make me wear for work haha. Thanks bro!

WhiteGalant
12-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Marc what did you torque your flywheel bolts to. How many ft-lbs. As well as the bolts that attach the pressure plate to the flywheel.

Ivory8g
12-17-2009, 07:22 PM
http://tearstone.com/shop/2000-2002-Eclipse-Service-Manual.html
there we go Fred.
Feed a man for a day....teach a man how to fish....you know the story. :P

beam514
12-17-2009, 07:23 PM
http://tearstone.com/shop/2000-2002-Eclipse-Service-Manual.html
there we go Fred.
Feed a man for a day....teach a man how to fish....you know the story. :P

yeap. I had to download alll those files. That's what I'm using for help on my swap
+ rep for you!

Ivory8g
12-17-2009, 09:29 PM
repp'd back! ^_^

WhiteGalant
12-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Woo thanks marc! 98 ft lbs did u use loctite on your flywheel bolts?

Ivory8g
12-17-2009, 10:18 PM
np bud! and yep i sure did!

Ivory8g
12-18-2009, 10:32 PM
Downpipe be wrapped fools!
Just got done taking it out for a spin and letting the wrap cure and spool up time is possibly a little better not much. prolly around 100rpm or so but dayuuum! car gets lively as fawk when in boost in the lower gears! o_o pretty cool! boost comes on a lot harder. before all this wrapping and coating began it was more like a slow smooth entrance into boost but now it HITS! It sounds like i have a mini o2 dump or something when i am in the 3k-4k range ^_^ pretty awesome if I might say so myself. worth me coming home from work and freezing my ass off and fingers off to do this.
All for the love of the game!
up next!? data logging!

Ivory8g
12-18-2009, 10:39 PM
oh yeah almost forgot!
VOTE 4 ME!! ^_^
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?p=554640#post554640

SPD_FRK
12-18-2009, 11:32 PM
oh yeah almost forgot!
VOTE 4 ME!! ^_^
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?p=554640#post554640
hahah shameless plug I already voted though ;)

I am anxious for a ride next week hopefully!

Ivory8g
12-18-2009, 11:36 PM
haha the only way to do it. :) thanks for voting bro!
aww yeah! you will be happy with the improvements that have been made.

SPD_FRK
12-18-2009, 11:42 PM
haha the only way to do it. :) thanks for voting bro!
aww yeah! you will be happy with the improvements that have been made.
Yea, and I am excited to snag some nice photos of the car sitting uder the parking lot lights next to the shop :thumb:

Ivory8g
12-18-2009, 11:50 PM
now that she is one colour in the right places again, oh hell yeah!

SPD_FRK
12-18-2009, 11:58 PM
lol exactly! Now that I have a tripod we can get some killer night shots.

Ivory8g
12-19-2009, 12:02 AM
BOOM! *ps3 commercial reference*

haha :)

4g63lover
12-19-2009, 12:12 AM
I wish I could take pics of your ride Marc.

Ivory8g
12-19-2009, 12:15 AM
dude Jigz that would be dope! off topic but, we should all go to the tail of the dragon meet so we can all meet!

SPD_FRK
12-19-2009, 12:17 AM
dude Jigz that would be dope! off topic but, we should all go to the tail of the dragon meet so we can all meet!

I call shotgun! ...unless you want to pull mine LOL

Ivory8g
12-19-2009, 12:22 AM
LMFAO! HEY my shiz isnt a turbo diesel made for pulling stuff k? ^_^
Ivory pulls her ass and her ass only haha

4g63lover
12-19-2009, 01:03 AM
I would be sooo down for that!

Ivory8g
12-19-2009, 02:16 AM
werd! i wanna have my car done for the most part engine and externally so we'll see when the meet is gonna be aimed for!

tjones156
12-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Gotta compliment the build you got so far my friend. Love the way you kept your whip looking original with many potential enhancements:023: COTM would be well deserved to you

Ivory8g
12-20-2009, 01:45 PM
thanks dude! That means a lot! I think the 7g's are going to get some love this time around tho. Maybe next time :023:

Ivory8g
12-31-2009, 02:18 AM
Ivory says hello beetches! LOL
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1459.jpg
Thanks Matt :023:

beam514
12-31-2009, 03:51 AM
awwww shiiiit!
wait did you buy that from Matt?

Ivory8g
12-31-2009, 10:38 AM
Chea boi! And maybe I did maybe I didn't lol. Ok yeah I did.

johnygezony
12-31-2009, 11:12 AM
lookin good !

SPD_FRK
12-31-2009, 11:43 AM
The car looks great with the hood on man, wish I would have remembered my camera yesterday to snag some good pics of it.

Ivory8g
12-31-2009, 03:34 PM
Thanks guys! Yeah Matt I figured you forgot the camera yesterday. Lol dude when I got home I found two bolts missing out of my manifold flange to the turbo. I musta been leaking air when we took her for a ride 0_o Surprized it didn't turn into a boost leak

Ivory8g
01-01-2010, 10:28 PM
some better lit pictures
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1476.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1474.jpg

SPD_FRK
01-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Thanks guys! Yeah Matt I figured you forgot the camera yesterday. Lol dude when I got home I found two bolts missing out of my manifold flange to the turbo. I musta been leaking air when we took her for a ride 0_o Surprized it didn't turn into a boost leak
How are you still having bolt issues hahaha...that is nuts dude.

4g63lover
01-02-2010, 12:07 AM
Sounds like you might need to use some medium strength threadlocker Marc!

Ivory8g
01-02-2010, 01:33 AM
yeah i know wtf tomorrow I am going to tackle that. washers and locking washers and threadlock on those mothereffers!

IVORY_G
01-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Looks good! But there go's ur sleeper look, LOL!
What happened? Why did SPD_FRK sell it?

Galant306m
01-02-2010, 03:17 PM
how did your car end up getting sexier?

Ivory8g
01-02-2010, 03:31 PM
hah I am slowly changing her from the sleeper status to come get some if you dare! Lol you will see. Matt needs the money for his plans and to get his car moving again is a higher priority than a cf hood.

how did your car end up getting sexier?
cause she's a boss and it flows in the "ivory" bloodline! LOL!

SPD_FRK
01-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Pretty much like Marc said, the hood wasn't doing me any good just sitting here. I might but another one down the road when I do my body work, but right now main focus is getting under the hood stuff done.

IVORY_G
01-03-2010, 09:58 AM
hah I am slowly changing her from the sleeper status to come get some if you dare! Lol you will see. Matt needs the money for his plans and to get his car moving again is a higher priority than a cf hood.

cause she's a boss and it flows in the "ivory" bloodline! LOL!

LOL! Ok, but you know you're asking for it from ricer's and Cops...

LOL! Thats right! That Ivory bloodline runs deep with Bossn' genetics! LMAO!

Pretty much like Marc said, the hood wasn't doing me any good just sitting here. I might but another one down the road when I do my body work, but right now main focus is getting under the hood stuff done.

Oh ok, I was hoping you hadn't given up on her already. I'd love to see your finished product...

Ivory8g
01-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Bossn'! Haha lol I don't care they harass me cause my car looks and sounds aggressive as it is even is stock mode so why not make is look as mean as I want it? :)

IVORY_G
01-03-2010, 03:35 PM
LOL! True True True! As long as its what you want, and you know what to expect then hey, why not.
Hey Did you ever do your exhaust? I dont remember seeing anything on that...

Ivory8g
01-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Yeah it's 2.5" from turbo back with a 24" resonator/ highflow cat with a magnaflow 2.5 in and out out back. Sounds real good. Keeps the torque I would lose with a 3 inch.

Ivory8g
01-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Eventually I will have to go 3" and possibly on the ic piping as well but that's for later

kylecanthurdle
01-03-2010, 06:33 PM
im jealous marc......truly am jealous.

johnygezony
01-03-2010, 07:06 PM
what ever happened to your fogs ?

Ivory8g
01-03-2010, 09:00 PM
im jealous marc......truly am jealous.
why? lol your car has rims on it and is dent free! lol mine isnt haha

what ever happened to your fogs ?
in the spinout they got completely ripped apart :(

IVORY_G
01-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Yeah it's 2.5" from turbo back with a 24" resonator/ highflow cat with a magnaflow 2.5 in and out out back. Sounds real good. Keeps the torque I would lose with a 3 inch.

Pix are DEMANDED!!! :P

Ivory8g
01-03-2010, 09:40 PM
LOOOL! if MATT would get his camera in for a ride we could take some HD VIDEO! and some pics too i guess..

IVORY_G
01-04-2010, 09:51 AM
"Ooohhh yeah!" **Duff Man voice" LOL!

Ivory8g
01-19-2010, 11:00 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1495.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1494.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1493.jpg

ceramic coated and the dump tube heat wrapped :)
putting it on right now....cant wait to hear the banshee unleashed at 10psi!

SPD_FRK
01-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Hopefully it fits...hey, now you can hook up that wideband finally!!!!!!!!! hahaha

Glad they were able to take care of this for you man, it has just been sitting here for too damn long.

kglenn
01-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Look out Guys here I fcking come OH YEAH!!! SUN!!!

IVORY_G
01-19-2010, 01:54 PM
MARC! You can take pics of everything but ya freakn exhaust huh?! LOL!

Ivory8g
01-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Hopefully it fits...hey, now you can hook up that wideband finally!!!!!!!!! hahaha

Glad they were able to take care of this for you man, it has just been sitting here for too damn long.

Yeah dude it was there forever haha. if i didnt stumble across that one thread it would have continued to just sit there lmao. Its on the car though. put it on right before work so i couldnt get pics. havent taken it up too high. but when I start doggin on it it doesnt get loud o_O. I will have to mess with my mbc because its prolly set too high so the gate isnt opening yet at 10lbs.
It has a NICE rumble when cruising and idle! omg I love how my exhaust sounds with the open gate under 50-60% throttle! dayum!

Look out Guys here I fcking come OH YEAH!!! SUN!!!
RAWR!!! Lookout!

MARC! You can take pics of everything but ya freakn exhaust huh?! LOL!
LOL only becasue I had this stainless steel tip put on and i am hating it more and more lmao i gotta get a different muffler on there then I will take pics promise! prolly going greddy!

IVORY_G
01-19-2010, 03:41 PM
LOL only becasue I had this stainless steel tip put on and i am hating it more and more lmao i gotta get a different muffler on there then I will take pics promise! prolly going greddy!

Booo! Apex is th Sex! LOL! But naw Greddy is nice too, Im a lil partial bcz I have an WS Apexi. LOOKS AWESOME! LOL!

greddy
01-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Greddy SE muffler FTMFW

Ivory8g
01-19-2010, 04:33 PM
haha yeah i remember the pix of your muffler! i looks clean! follows the theme of your car for sure. but since mine is going more mean i have to go canister on my muffler. I miss it kinda. and I have a 24" resonator on my car so no rasp even with the canister for sure. nothing but sexy grumbles haha

Ivory8g
01-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Greddy SE muffler FTMFW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNL01Z_I61s
omg! i might have to get that exhaust. BEAUTIFUL note!

stvn_mj
01-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Thats pretty sick Marc get it. Good progress and good thing you kept her.

Ivory8g
01-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Thats pretty sick Marc get it. Good progress and good thing you kept her.

no doubt! she's gonna be 10X the sick before the spinout! ^_^

beam514
01-19-2010, 06:41 PM
damn. That is a great exhaust note.. lol

Ivory8g
01-19-2010, 06:46 PM
thats what I'm saying! damn! if I knew nothing about cars i wouldnt expect a 4cyl engine to be under the bonnet of that thing

kglenn
01-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Dude that shit sounds Noice! LOL so we down to chill as soon as I get there? lol

Ivory8g
01-19-2010, 06:55 PM
yea im down! lmao our cars will look like a twin. I'm getting my 17's ready to put back on and they are the same oem wheels but painted black lmao!

Ivory8g
01-19-2010, 08:43 PM
BOOO!!!! they dont have the right sizes for my car, :(
I'll prolly just get the Ti-C muffler and get it welded on ^_^

stvn_mj
01-19-2010, 08:47 PM
What happened to the wheels in your sig??

Ivory8g
01-19-2010, 09:35 PM
ended up selling them so i could get some cash money that i needed and i wanted to upgrade for the longest anyways :P

greddy
01-20-2010, 01:01 AM
BOOO!!!! they dont have the right sizes for my car, :(
I'll prolly just get the Ti-C muffler and get it welded on ^_^

THe TI-C is LOUD as shit bro, both sound great, I can get a soundclip on my car of the SE if you want

Ivory8g
01-20-2010, 01:18 AM
oh you have the SE on your car? just the muffler? or the cat back? what size? a sound clip would be greatly appreciated!

Ivory8g
01-21-2010, 02:50 PM
ordered a new slave and master cylinder. should cure my shifting problems. I've been wondering why i had shifting problems. Compretely forgot that the seals in my master cylinder had completely gone out and replaced it with a temp dsm master cylinder. So its prolly too short and not moving my clutch out enough. reason being why i cant get either 5th or R, and when i move the cable i get 5th and R just fine.

and I am putting my eclipse wheels back on. going to get new tires for the balding ones.

I also ordered something special...Jigz you know what they are since you are thinking about getting them after you see how your setup fits! ^_^ *tease tease*
my eclipse wheels are 17x6.5 +46...i believe yours are 16x6 +46? looks like i'll be the test subject bro!

blue8g
01-21-2010, 03:01 PM
why such narrow wheels?

Ivory8g
01-21-2010, 03:08 PM
its the temp setup i had on before. not going to spend a grand on winter wheels :-P
It is cheaper to do what I am planning and see what looks good so when I get the wheels I want to keep as the main setup i know exactly what specs to go with. sensible no?

blue8g
01-21-2010, 03:12 PM
i reckon, plus narrow wheels/tires ftw in the snow

greddy
01-21-2010, 03:26 PM
oh you have the SE on your car? just the muffler? or the cat back? what size? a sound clip would be greatly appreciated!

I do have it on my car, the entire catback.

Ivory8g
01-21-2010, 03:29 PM
exactly! ^_^

Ivory8g
01-21-2010, 03:56 PM
I do have it on my car, the entire catback.

what car did you get it for so it fit on your car?

4g63lover
01-21-2010, 04:23 PM
ordered a new slave and master cylinder. should cure my shifting problems. I've been wondering why i had shifting problems. Compretely forgot that the seals in my master cylinder had completely gone out and replaced it with a temp dsm master cylinder. So its prolly too short and not moving my clutch out enough. reason being why i cant get either 5th or R, and when i move the cable i get 5th and R just fine.

and I am putting my eclipse wheels back on. going to get new tires for the balding ones.

I also ordered something special...Jigz you know what they are since you are thinking about getting them after you see how your setup fits! ^_^ *tease tease*
my eclipse wheels are 17x6.5 +46...i believe yours are 16x6 +46? looks like i'll be the test subject bro!

do it bro! do it!

did you look on ebay, theyre pretty cheap shipped.

Ivory8g
01-21-2010, 04:28 PM
yes sir! I got some that are custom for the specific hubs for mitsu. I got 15mm hubcentric .....$85 shipped for 2.. and i got 4.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350236576041
i contemplated 20mm LOL!!! but i didnt have the funds to get the fender roller at the same time so i settled :)
I'll keep the thread and you posted so you can know if you want to get them or not!

4g63lover
01-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Thanks man. Are you looking at the Ichiba's? I think 20mm would poke them out a little too much to be honest.

greddy
01-21-2010, 05:05 PM
I got mine for the 3G eclipse, had to extend it just a hair.

Ivory8g
01-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Thanks man. Are you looking at the Ichiba's? I think 20mm would poke them out a little too much to be honest.
Of course bro! They arent Ichibas but they look like really good quality and people had good luck with these track wise! But yeah thats why I went with 15mm's after all cause i remember what my car looked like with the 18x7.5 and its close with the lower ride height and the wider width it will look mean. 20mm would be too much poke for sure.

I got mine for the 3G eclipse, had to extend it just a hair.

the studs? really? well we will see when I do the fitting :)

4g63lover
01-21-2010, 05:40 PM
Of course bro! They arent Ichibas but they look like really good quality and people had good luck with these track wise! But yeah thats why I went with 15mm's after all cause i remember what my car looked like with the 18x7.5 and its close with the lower ride height and the wider width it will look mean. 20mm would be too much poke for sure.

the studs? really? well we will see when I do the fitting :)

Well, gimme the link when you get 'em! ;)

and I think Martin is talking about the exhaust.

Ivory8g
01-21-2010, 05:42 PM
haha yeah you're prolly right he was talking about the exhaust.

oh and i put the link in my paragraph up above

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=350236576041
check em out :P

WhiteGalant
01-21-2010, 05:50 PM

Got those in 25mm for my front wheels so I could clear the brembos, they are really good quality and look nice too lol. I got 15mm H+R spacers w/ extended studs for the rear from some dude off of EvoM.

Ivory8g
01-21-2010, 06:00 PM
wow 25mm up front? o_O what width rim? Good gawd!
but yeah they look superb! seem very informed when it comes to spacers as well ^_^ I cant wait. LOL they already shipped one of them out! JEEBUS! quick!

4g63lover
01-21-2010, 08:51 PM

Ah. that's a GREAT price. I was looking at those too but wasn't sure. Try 'em out bro and let me know How they fit these would be perfect for my set-up!

WhiteGalant
01-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Ah. that's a GREAT price. I was looking at those too but wasn't sure. Try 'em out bro and let me know How they fit these would be perfect for my set-up!

Yea for the price they are awesome, perfect fitment and very solid too!

Proto
01-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Should of made the dump tube longer but looks good.

Ivory8g
01-21-2010, 11:43 PM
Will do bro!

Yea for the price they are awesome, perfect fitment and very solid too!
sweet!! cant wait!

Should of made the dump tube longer but looks good.
yeah it was longer but we cut it to make it fit cause it was hitting crap lol

greddy
01-22-2010, 06:30 PM
I uploaded a short video of my exhaust into my build thread if you wanna take a look, I took it with my phone so the quality isn't fantastic, plus my cousin refused to rev it all the way up in my neighborhood lol, I'm gonna try to do a driving away video on a back road here soon

Ivory8g
01-23-2010, 12:27 AM
thanks for uploading the vid! yeah its hard to get a gauge for how it sounds since he didnt rev it really :(

Ivory8g
01-23-2010, 01:06 AM
So had a day "off" today.. lots of running around and personal crap to do. finally later tonight i pulled myself out to my car and got some stuff done. I pulled my fender off and ran the line for my aem wideband finally lol! (insert smartass Matt comment here) haha

also got some more stuff done. i'll wait and take pictures before I say what though :p

greddy
01-23-2010, 01:47 AM
Ill get a better video soon

SPD_FRK
01-23-2010, 11:12 AM
So had a day "off" today.. lots of running around and personal crap to do. finally later tonight i pulled myself out to my car and got some stuff done. I pulled my fender off and ran the line for my aem wideband finally lol! (insert smartass Matt comment here) haha

also got some more stuff done. i'll wait and take pictures before I say what though :p
lol...well now you can keep an eye on stuff and we can start doing some tuning ourselves.

Ivory8g
01-27-2010, 08:18 PM
awww snap son!!!
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1518.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1521.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1519.jpg
excellent quality!! I am putting them on right now :P

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1522.jpg
also got a new master cylinder to replace the crappy dsm one i forgot i was using as a temp solution since when I was doing the 5spd and the seals in the 3g one blew.
waiting for the new slave to come in as well so i can change them both at the same time :)

stay tuned for pics of the new stance tonight!

SPD_FRK
01-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Those spacers look pretty good man. Curious to see how it changes the look/stance of the car once they are on.

How is the car running now anyways? AFRs still looking pretty good? We need to hook up again soon so I can get my multimeter on that harness and stuff.

kglenn
01-27-2010, 08:48 PM
we should all hook uip and chill when I get up there which will be around the 8th prob after driving in the truck

RAZ_76
01-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Sweet, more pics dude. I need to read this whole thing to catch up on what the hell you are doing now.

4g63lover
01-27-2010, 10:10 PM
OMGAWD. Get those spacers on I want to see how they sit so I can get some for myself.

mko
01-27-2010, 11:32 PM
OMGAWD. Get those spacers on I want to see how they sit so I can get some for myself.

X2. I want evo wheels to clear the calipers, but spacers could be the cheaper solution. Let us know whats up.

Ivory8g
01-28-2010, 12:15 AM
PICSSS! think i am going to add some positive camber back up front i am almost all the way in on the camber plates up front o_O

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1548.jpg
haha tease.... :( cant find my white TGC ones....gotta keep looking...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1549.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1544.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1542.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1541.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1539.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1538.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/hakkeshou/DSCF1526.jpg
i need daylight.....it was hard taking pics without shadows....hence the one side and angle :(

4g63lover
01-28-2010, 12:17 AM
Stance looks good. Get some daytime pics uick so we can see where the wheels truly end up in the well with these. With OEM wheels, those spacers might just be perfect for my set-up. thanks Marc!

Ivory8g
01-28-2010, 12:19 AM
wow so I had to get a baseball bat to try and ghetto roll my fenders until i can get a fender roller....wth it was rubbing like a biatch in the back!!! the back is perfect. right where i want the stance to be. I need to play around with the front some more to get the stance right adding and subtracting camber from the plates to see where i like it. i still rub on the rear drivers side. i need to roll it better....but tomorrow sometime or day after :P it started snowing.....but that didnt stop me haha. i wanted them on too bad LOL.

mko
01-28-2010, 12:20 AM
I like how it fills up the front fender. You got some phat tires on there. Do you have spacers up front only or all 4 wheels? And what thickness are these - 15mm?