PDA

View Full Version : Driver side front wheel weird noise

xcore
08-31-2008, 08:51 PM
Last week, i took my G to have a oil change and tire rotation. My g is have a radial tire, but my mechanic rotated it as non-radial tire and he said it's ok. After i came home. The driver side front wheel started having a noise. It's kind of like a rubbing noise. It sounds like the noise is following the wheel spin, every time the wheel spin to that point, it will make that noise. I'm thinking am i having a poor quality tire since this tire is the rear tire before the rotation, so i don't hear the noise.

qnz
08-31-2008, 10:51 PM
i have no idea what youre trying to say.

what kind of noise do you hear? a squeal? a thunk? a rubbing noise?

xcore
08-31-2008, 11:39 PM
i have no idea what youre trying to say.

what kind of noise do you hear? a squeal? a thunk? a rubbing noise?

It's kind of like a rubbing noise.
I do mention it..........

pinoyesv6
09-01-2008, 08:52 AM
are your lug nuts torque to spec? can u see if it is physically rubbing?

xcore
09-01-2008, 10:31 AM
are your lug nuts torque to spec? can u see if it is physically rubbing?

no....i don't think i see any rubbing and i didn't feel, i just hear it. Since my mechanic did all the work, i am not sure lug nuts torque to spec

youngin3
09-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Your tires are one way radial? You can't really rotate those without taking them off the wheels. Go outside and make sure that the rotation is going the right way. There is a little arrow on the side of the tire. If he just rotated them and the rotation is going the wrong way, then the tires are going to wear much faster than they would if they were on properly.