PDA

View Full Version : Paint Scratched

Moosh
01-20-2003, 06:34 PM
Hello. When i was trying to back up into my garage. my front side of my car hit my neighbors stupid bushes. It scratched the paint on the car. Is there any compound I can use to fix the scratches? The paint is not chipped off, just scratched.

peanotation
01-20-2003, 06:42 PM
ace hardware (believe it or not) has an awesome compound. it comes in a little tub, and you rub a generous amount on, and in a couple min of mild rubbing, it's like u never got scratched. go into ace hardware (or any hardware store if u dont have an ace) and ask for paint scratch remover or a rubbing compound like described. hope that helps.

BEAST
01-20-2003, 08:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>ace hardware (believe it or not) has an awesome compound. it comes in a little tub, and you rub a generous amount on, and in a couple min of mild rubbing, it's like u never got scratched. go into ace hardware (or any hardware store if u dont have an ace) and ask for paint scratch remover or a rubbing compound like described. hope that helps.</div>
Hey thats where I work https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif. Well actually at Westlake Ace Hardware, but its basically the same thing. I get a lot of stuff for my car there. You may also want to try some of that Meguires "Scratch-X" stuff. Didn't work too well for me on my scratches but it may work for you. I think I saw it at Target on sale for like 5 bucks. Normally it's like 8. You may want to try that Turtle Wax colored wax. My girlfriend used it on her dark green Camry and it worked very well. It is the colored wax that comes with a "Chip Stick". It is supposed to match any shade of the color that it describes.

Moosh
01-20-2003, 09:34 PM
Thanks a lot. I just ordered some scratch x!

Dark Anghell
01-20-2003, 10:00 PM
you can try that stuff...but it only works on mild scratches you get from drying or washing your car...but it doesn't do a very good job at fixing bigger scratches. (I'm talking about scratch x)