PDA

View Full Version : p1400 code but no light

fatal1
09-02-2008, 05:32 PM
i keep going to get my car inspected and the code p1400 keeps coming up (intake manifold differential pressure sensor) ...funny thing is i am not getting a check engine light coming on for it. the light works, when the key is just in the on position it lights up and it came on recently for somethiung else...and when i fixd that it went away. but for some reason does not show up for this problem so i have no way of tracing when it goes away and when it is still there.

it does sometimes go away but then comes back so idk wtf...i just replaced the sensor itself with another one so hopefully that will remedy the problem but its just pissing me off since for whatever reason the light does not come up for it. and in order for it to be inspected after it clears itself i have to drive x amount of miles before it stays clear but in that time it always trips itself again.

i also checked the wires and everything looks fine...i didnt have a chance to get a voltometer on it yet since i couldnt find mine when i was checking them but as far as visual all wires looked fine

anyone else have this problem at all? any suggestions if this new sensor does not work?

RedGalant2k1
09-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Check for vacuum leaks or cracks in the manifold.

fatal1
09-04-2008, 01:49 PM
turned out it was the sensor. lucked out... i finally was able to get the inspection done today finally. just strange that the ses light was not coming on for this however has and does come on for other things?

Stewi
09-04-2008, 04:25 PM
It was coming on because its hungry for BOOST!

fatal1
09-04-2008, 09:41 PM
It was coming on because its hungry for BOOST!

lmao, damn right bro...i actually picked up the resistors already to remedy the problem when it does come time...im going to try and get these headers done this weekend but depends on work really so we will see how that goes...then expect a call, ha ha