PDA

View Full Version : Tires anyone

MitsuMaster
01-20-2003, 09:41 PM
Just got some chrome 8teens for my 8g. I ran Nitto 450 extremes on my last car, they were 16's . I need an affordable set for my 8g anyone have a sugestion. Price is the factor the cheaper the better.

Black Magic
01-20-2003, 09:53 PM
check out discounttire.com they have some good prices they might have free shipping now too. wheelmax.com i know has free shipping and good prices. check out some kumhos i have some on my seventeens they were pretty cheap and feel pretty good

BlueESV6
01-21-2003, 01:32 PM
After you figure out which ones you want I'd call around. If you live in a bigger city I'd just break out the phone book and ask for their best price on a set. You might be surprised.....

My khumos lasted around 20K before I got rid of them because of excessive noise.... However, maybe they were just a bad set or something. They did handle like it was on rails at highway speeds!

pinoyesv6
01-21-2003, 02:30 PM
i dunno if u can still do it but maybe try to return the 18's. ur better off getting a wheel and tire package. the dealers here that support tgc with discounts give us really great deals on these packages. the wheels already come mounted and balanced too. i was considering gettting some new tires for my 16's but decided to screw that idea since for a lil bit more i can get a 17 inch wheel and tire package.

bstnsportsfan
01-21-2003, 10:30 PM
I know in my city a shop sells 18" tires for $125. I don't know what kind they are but thats probably the lowest you will be able to get them. Like blue said, your best bet will probably be to call around and ask.

peanotation
01-21-2003, 10:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(e_nutt09)</div><div class='quotemain'>check out discounttire.com Â*they have some good prices they might have free shipping now too. Â*wheelmax.com i know has free shipping and good prices. Â*check out some kumhos Â*i have some on my seventeens they were pretty cheap and feel pretty good</div>

he's right on, i JUST got wheels from discount tire (today), the prices are un-fucking-believable and beats the shit out of tirerack.com

TJC
01-22-2003, 02:00 AM
Dunlop SP8000's are cheap and I feel they handle a little better than the Kumho 712's. I've tried both and they're both pretty good performers for such a cheap price. :thumbsup:

As for getting the best deals on tires, shop online and print out the pricing and go to a good local tire dealer to beat that price. I know the several places I've tried like Just Tires and certain Discount Tires will do that for you.

mrjaydeeone
01-22-2003, 05:43 PM
I got Yokohama Parada spec II on my 18s...the tires are awesome....
the grip is unbelieveable in my opinion

Danger DANJ
01-22-2003, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I got 18" Yokohama Parada spec 2 tires as well. Most places I've seen them, sell them for a bit, but I got them with my rims from my local shop for $95 a tire.