PDA

View Full Version : jdm city light question

spdracr
09-05-2008, 01:10 AM
i bought these from ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=320288573893

i tried to fit them tonight and it was a tad too big, now i like the light output on them since i got the same ones for the license plate bulb and that thing is so bright it lights up the ground under my rear bumper and i will take pics to show you guys tomorrow night

now what i was thinking is to dremel the a hole a lil bit to fit them in there and all i know is like 1mm more but i kinda dont wanna do that and i would rather fit something in there without work but i really like those

or get these instead
http://cgi.ebay.com/2pcs-BA9S-1895-High-Power-LED-HID-White-Bayonet-Bulb_W0QQitemZ320294203573QQihZ011QQcategoryZ33713 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

so would u use a dremel tool and make the hole bigger and use them or would you get the other ones i posted ??

i looked at all different LED bulbs on ebay and most of them are single or multiple but then only aim forward and i want something to aim in every direction

suggestions and comments are appreciate it

i will either tackle this over the weekend or return those and get other ones

spdracr
09-05-2008, 05:20 PM
help !!!

Jeffylou87
09-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Get the cone indented ones..

hellk4t
09-06-2008, 11:59 AM
help !!!

Can I ask what front bumper you have on your car in the 2nd pic in your sig? I can't think of the name of it.

RedGalant2k1
09-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Can I ask what front bumper you have on your car in the 2nd pic in your sig? I can't think of the name of it.

VR4 front bumper, new style.

hellk4t
09-06-2008, 12:14 PM
VR4 front bumper, new style.

Thank you kind sir :] that was killing me.

jvilla00V6es
09-11-2008, 06:46 PM
SPDRACR,

I am new to this forum. I have a 2000 Galant V6 ES. I wanted to know what king of head lights do you have and where can i get them at?

Thanks

spdracr
09-11-2008, 10:30 PM
they the jdm vr4 headlights, you can get them on ebay or from a member here who is located in japan

right now there is a group buy for 155 bucks which is an awesome price and you should jump on it before its over

keta11
10-08-2008, 04:54 PM
i want to know the answer to the question as well... one very newb question what are city lights? where are they located?

silver01g
10-08-2008, 06:08 PM
they're located right under the low beam light bulb, they're like parking lights.

but yall do know yall have to cut the support for prefect fitment.

and yes yall should jump on that group buy i paid $247 for mine, so thats a really good deal.

keta11
10-09-2008, 04:30 PM
they're located right under the low beam light bulb, they're like parking lights.

but yall do know yall have to cut the support for prefect fitment.

and yes yall should jump on that group buy i paid $247 for mine, so thats a really good deal.

what group buy?

IceDouTGaLanT
10-09-2008, 04:36 PM
in the group-buy section for JDM heads/tails

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=31734

keta11
10-09-2008, 05:03 PM
ah i thought there was a group buy for city lights that why i was a little blown away when i saw $247. misunderstanding! thanks for clearing that up!

IceDouTGaLanT
10-09-2008, 05:08 PM
City lights are inside the JDM heads. Let me make something clear, i think you have the wrong assumptions. You want spdracr headlights correct? im taking a hunch and guessing the ones with the BLUE halos? If so those are not city lights those are projector heads made by a TGC member named Eric. If you want the headlights in the picture where spracr car is white, those are JDM heads which have city lights included in them. City lights are like daytime lights something which illuminates the housing. JDM heads require trimming of the radiator support along with rewiring since now your will have two separate bulbs for lo/high beam, compared to the STOCK 1 dual filament bulb for lo/high. You will also need a JDM grill to fit correctly with JDM heads. I hope this might clear up any confusion you might have.

keta11
10-09-2008, 07:14 PM
yes i thank you for explaining that to me. even though i already know what the difference is between a projector and jdm headlights. ive done some searching in this site as well that i already know about the radiator support and jdm fitment/grill fitment. what i am not sure about though is, i currently have a dual bulb 8000k hid that has 4 ballasts on. i bought jdm headlights from the group buy. Can i just go ahead and replace the h4 to h7 bulbs(for hi) and use the two extra ballasts that i have for my low h1 or my fogs? will i still need connectors(which is not included in the GB) and relays?