PDA

View Full Version : Lights

ruben71
09-09-2008, 09:29 AM
I sometimes see people have their signal lights flash rapidly, what is the cause of that??
Is that harmful if that happens or is their a short somewhere??
I was thinking about having it like that, any suggestions or opinions?

WhiteGalant
09-09-2008, 09:32 AM
They usually do that when one of the bulbs are burnt out. Don't see why you would want it like that, but ok....

ruben71
09-09-2008, 12:23 PM
I think it alerts people more when they are like that.
Plus u don't see that to often.
But I notice on the cars who have them likew that has no bulbs that are burnt out.
So I just wonder how that works, with no bulbs being burnt out.

greddy
09-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Like white galant said, it's either cuz of burnt out lights, or in my case when I had it, when I replaced my turn signals with LED's, they draw less power, and it makes them flash really fast. I don't see why you would do it, it's really annoying, it's a simple wiring fix if you have LEDs, and it's a lot better.

ruben71
09-09-2008, 03:10 PM
that sounds better, led lights.
I 'll just won't worry about that idea of fast lights.
Thanks for helping out.

Reelax
09-09-2008, 03:58 PM
the flasher modules in our cars sense load. if a signal filament (either front or rear) is burnt out or otherwise not working correctly, the signal on that side will blink at a rate twice as fast as normal. this is to let you know you have a bad bulb or connection since we don;t have bulb out warnings on our rides. there are replacement flasher modules that you can use to duplicate this fast blink under normal conditions (some can even adjust to go slower), or you can also "trick" the flasher module by doing my "bright corner re-wire" which swaps the parking and signal filaments then corrects the signal's night visability w/ relays. LED's draw less power than regular bulbs and can also trigger the fast bilnk. in either case to restore the normal blinking rate, all you need is to wire in some simple resistors on the signal wires to make the flasher module think that the normal draw is present.

ruben71
09-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Sounds good Relax.Thanks talk to you soon.

RAZ_76
09-10-2008, 10:32 AM
I see these fast blinking lights all the time and they are always on rice cars with fart cans.