PDA

View Full Version : finally got my turbo

galantofva
09-10-2008, 06:56 PM
I finally got my turbo yesterday, its a Garrett T28 from a 2g eclipse gsx, with the factory manifold, sidemount, and Apexi bov ALL FOR 80 BUCKS!. As far as i know all I need now is a 2g down pipe, egt gauge, boost gauge, injectors, fuel pump, and oil/water lines and a boost controller.
I do however have a couple of questions if you guys will be so kind as to help me out, I need help finding a Walbro 190 fuel pump?? what year wrx can i use the injectors from? And where can i find an oil sending unit adapter/ t fitting that will acutally fit my block, i have tried 3 none of which fit. BTW its and 2.4 8g. Thanks for the help and i will post picks soon of the turbo.

WhiteGalant
09-10-2008, 09:49 PM
02-05 injectors from the wrx, but your going to need alot more than you listed, with the fuel setup you want you will also need a aeromotive FPR, a 3" turbo back is recommended, IC piping, some way to tune the car, a wideband, oil pressure gauge, oil lines,, theres a ton of stuff your going to need, its not as easy as just throwing it all on there.

seth98esT
09-10-2008, 09:55 PM
You dont need an AFPR for a Walbro 190, only for the 255. As for your turbo, if its the stock turbo, its a t25 and its tiny, especially for the 2.4L.

As for what the part number I am pretty sure you 8gers can use the 2g Walbro 190 for the FWD cars, but somebody confirm that.

galantofva
09-11-2008, 12:59 AM
Its a factory replacement made by garrett, its a t28. yea i know its small but boost is better than no boost and u cant beat the deal i got. what other ways are there to tune it other than an ecu flash because the 99-01 ecu isnt flashable

galantofva
09-11-2008, 01:05 AM
02-05 injectors from the wrx, but your going to need alot more than you listed, with the fuel setup you want you will also need a aeromotive FPR, a 3" turbo back is recommended, IC piping, some way to tune the car, a wideband, oil pressure gauge, oil lines,, theres a ton of stuff your going to need, its not as easy as just throwing it all on there.

Yea i know theres more to it i just figured the ic piping was an obvious neccesity, im not really worried about an oil psi gauge right now, but do plan on running one, i shouldnt need an fpr with a 190, will get a wideband and what are tuning options? my ecu isnt flashable.

galantofva
09-11-2008, 01:09 AM
I am also puttin on a reconditioned head and new head gasket vs my 154k head, does anyone know if i can use a 4g63t head gasket?

kolio
09-11-2008, 01:38 AM
I am also puttin on a reconditioned head and new head gasket vs my 154k head, does anyone know if i can use a 4g63t head gasket?

why would a DOHC head gasket fit on a SOHC

and the fact the bore on the 64 is larger than the 63 hence the displacement difference

Boostdgalant
04-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Wrong!!! ME and Vic just figure that out. piston does not come up past the block. and it matches perfectly...

Stewi
04-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Wrong!!! ME and Vic just figure that out. piston does not come up past the block. and it matches perfectly...

Its not the piston hitting it, please dont spread the plague saying its a direct fit and it works, your not the first person to try this and you wont be the first person to break something because of it either. Im not trying to come off to harsh on you, but just because it bolts up and the piston sits below the top of the deck doesnt mean its RIGHT, it just means it wont hit it, which isnt the real problem in the first place.

bronxbombr
04-12-2009, 09:39 PM
i got some spare guages and turbo lines for sale if you are interested. I can also get the injectors, 2G turbo fuel pump.