PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky engine

jacuZZi
01-21-2003, 02:50 PM
i noticed this morning my engine makes a squeaky sounds at idle, i checked the belt, its nothings wrong with it cause our belt had tensioner on it, could be worn out bearing in the pulley?? Someone that might know this problem please reply to this topics , before i bring my car to dealership to get it check.
Thanks Guys !! :wink:

BlueESV6
01-21-2003, 05:21 PM
Try belt dressing... it's in a spray can and you spray it on the belts while engine is running. I think you'll notice an immediate difference!!

pinoyesv6
01-21-2003, 05:45 PM
belt dressing on serpentine belt=bad thing

how old is the belt? maybe its time for a new one. i know my dealer carrys my belt for under 40 dollars. how are the pulleys? they still good?

jacuZZi
01-21-2003, 11:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>belt dressing on serpentine belt=bad thing

how old is the belt? maybe its time for a new one. i know my dealer carrys my belt for under 40 dollars. how are the pulleys? they still good?</div>

my car has only 49Kmiles on it, and ya i think the pulleys still good. But any way right now the squeaky sounds thing is gone, we'll see what happen tomorrow. Thanks For The info GUYS !! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Nick VR4
01-22-2003, 02:54 AM
If you hear it again try WD40 its a moisture repellent
Sound like its caused by damp weather

BlueESV6
01-22-2003, 02:06 PM
Why is belt dressing bad? I thought it was to clean the junk of the belt and help it "grip" the pulleys?? :?: