PDA

View Full Version : I made a booboo part 2

NRG
01-21-2003, 03:45 PM
Help guys!! I broke my speedbleeders in half!!!!!! Half of it is stuck inside my caliper.......I knew I shouldn't of torque it down that much but its too late now.........Flimsy little things......

Anyways, does anyone know how to take the remaining part out? The bleeder is hollow so I couldn't just use pliers or else it will make it worse.
My brakes are not working correctly now because air has gotten in and obviously I can't bleed it until I take that sucker out.....

manybrews
01-21-2003, 05:16 PM
did you break them by tightening them, or attempting to loosen?

BlueESV6
01-21-2003, 05:26 PM
Ouch!! That's a big problem. Be sure to bleed in proper sequence when you fix it! I've seen those stripped screw removers that craftsman makes... is that something that might work? They are like $20 a set with different sizes for different diameters. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Messiah
01-21-2003, 05:41 PM
Go to Sears and buy these bits that are design to take out stripped and boken screws...I don't remember what they're called, I just remeber seeing a comercial on TV..they kinda look like drill bits.

Here you go:

http://www.sears.com/images/craftsman/whats_new/00952154001.jpg
They're called Craftman Screwout Damage screw remover

If you can fit one of those in there, you shouldn't have a problem removing it.

Fishboy55
01-21-2003, 06:45 PM
Dragon, they'll only work for screws. What he's got left is the bottom half of a bleeder screw with no head.

NRG. Try and get a set of tap wrenches. I think that's what they're called. you screw it into whats left of the bleeder, it takes a bite by creating threads, then you back it out and pull what's left of the bleeder with it.

Chip

NRG
01-21-2003, 07:07 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>did you break them by tightening them, or attempting to loosen?</div>

I broke them by tightening it.....Because when I read the instructions, it said to tighten it until it seats......Well I didn't feel it hit the bottom yet so I attempted to keep going and WHAM!! it broke........But good news is, it is seated to my knowledge because when I pump the brakes, no fluid is coming out....

NRG
01-21-2003, 07:10 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dragon, they'll only work for screws. What he's got left is the bottom half of a bleeder screw with no head.

NRG. Try and get a set of tap wrenches. I think that's what they're called. you screw it into whats left of the bleeder, it takes a bite by creating threads, then you back it out and pull what's left of the bleeder with it.

Chip</div>

Ok, I am gonna run down to home depot and see if they have this....I am just afraid they don't have anything that small.......

NRG
01-21-2003, 08:15 PM
Ok I just came back from home depot and I bought a screw extractor and a tap & drill bit....I bought both just incase.....I asked the guy that how to use the extractor, he said tighten it by hand and then take a driver and reverse it out.....

Anyone knows how to use these? I don't know how to use the tap & drill bit either..........