PDA

View Full Version : bad vibration

project3
09-12-2008, 02:55 AM
I have vibration that is coming from what feels like the right front area.

When car is in neutral and rev the engine no vibrations at all.

After about 10 to 15 mph it begins to shake and vibrate very bad.

When jacking up the front passenger side to take a look.

If I grab the tire thats off the ground I can shake it up and down.
There is about a half inch of play in the wheel is that normal.

The lug nuts are all tight and tire is on all the way.

mko
09-12-2008, 06:50 AM
Sounds like bearing to me. Could be inner tie rod or ball joints as well

4-G-rim
09-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Most likely outer tie rods or upper ball joint.

project3
09-12-2008, 11:52 AM
ok i read how to inspect that on auto zone thanks very much.

seth98esT
09-12-2008, 12:25 PM
If the front end is jacked up, the wheels off the ground, the lug nuts are tight, if you can push the tire and it has in/out play, more then likely the wheel bearing.

Jeffylou87
09-12-2008, 12:29 PM
How about Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys?

crzejkr
09-28-2009, 01:48 PM
im getting the same exact thing.
might be off balance rims, as tires wear they need rebalancing... or a poorly attached balance weight might of flown off causing the rim to be off balance.
but i hear a light noise in sync to the vibration. all inner outer tie rods ball joints are good.
im ruling either bad tire (which afetr raisng and looking closely doesnt seem warped) or premature hub failure. theres no hub play but maybe it just seize up. check for heavy rust behind hubs also that might indicate dry bearings.

also the inner cv joint of the axles go bad sometimes and cause a tire whobble sensation that cant be detected unless your under hard accelleration doing circles. try an open and SAFE parking lot. and yoke the wheel and hold the car in first or 1 for auto while accelerating hard and letting go and fluctuate rpms till u feel it most to both right and left about 3 360's each. hope it helps.

if that dosnt and all else fails. just wait till it fully fails and youll know. be carefull though.

d1deuce
09-28-2009, 02:50 PM
If you wait till it falls, you'll be in more trouble!! Pretty sure it's a wheel bearing!!

Galanttuner10
09-28-2009, 10:41 PM
if the play is up and down check the ball joints is its left and right its tie rods

crzejkr
09-29-2009, 09:44 AM
If you wait till it falls, you'll be in more trouble!! Pretty sure it's a wheel bearing!!
lmao .. but then ull know for sure. lol

im pretty sure its the bearing, as i swapped the front spindles for the gsx's and left the old junk yards 5 lug hub on their.
there was rust on there and one was locked slightly from being out in the weather. ima try that n if not then tires and cv. but the noise insync with it tells me its the bearing. no play just probly early signs of lock up and grinding bearings. good luck.

DOHCstunr
09-29-2009, 11:57 AM
ok i read how to inspect that on auto zone thanks very much.

if you can move the tire in and out when pushing on the top, its bearings.
and if the sound frequency increases with speed, thats just confirming it.

and inch of play is not normal(not by my standards anyways)
I have zero play.
But I also have brand new bearings and tie rod ends.
well actually my entire suspension has been overhauled w/ Prothane and literally all balljoints have been replaced since last christmas lol.

You can get new bearings on ebay. You can also find new balljoints on ebay. Great prices for OE parts.

crzejkr
09-29-2009, 12:37 PM
where can i get a good set of urethane kits for the front end?