PDA

View Full Version : Code P0175

6G72Galant
09-14-2008, 08:43 PM
So i bought some GUmout Concentrated fuel injector cleaner. Ran the tank down to near empty, and the cleaner, put in about 10 gallons, and ran that to empty. This morning i fill up. And as i drive away from the pump my SES light comes on. WTF? Im throwing a code P0175 System Too Rich Bank 2. Any idea what the hell is going on? Im assuming Bank 2 is the cylinder bank closest to the firewall. And i know "Too Rich" means too much fuel. But whats going on?

Ive got 132K miles. Had the injectors, O2 sensors, Cat converter all replaced around 45K. Im thinking the injector cleaner pushed a small clog through the fuel system, and is causing one of the injectors to remain open, leaking excess fuel into the system. Any ideas guys?:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks

guynlidia2006
09-14-2008, 08:49 PM
i would clear the code and see if it comes baqck... sometimes doing a fuel injection cleaning throws a code... if it comes back then you know you have a problem...

boochieboy
09-14-2008, 11:51 PM
That would only happen if the clog was after your fuel filter too,,,,,,I'd just disconnect the battery and see if that pesky light comes back,,,,,by the way, I also use gumout and never had any problems. Is this the first time you used the stuff with that high of mileage?