PDA

View Full Version : MAS adoptor fitting problem

sracer52
01-21-2003, 09:18 PM
hi i just got my mas adoptor from ebay today , i have a question did you guys can tightly fit it on to the MAS , coz mine has a little gap between it.
it's fit but not as tight and close as the stock part . please advice thank you.

seth98esT
01-21-2003, 09:27 PM
hmmm mine fit snug. once i bolted the 4 bolts up it was nice and even. maybe something is warped?

HiperSilver
01-21-2003, 10:35 PM
it seems like there is a gap, but there isnt, there is a rubber peace that fits in between there that makes it snug..at least on mine.....

pinoyesv6
01-21-2003, 10:49 PM
yea when u remove ur oem airbox, u should see a rubber gasket either on the MAS or the airbox. i just reused mine and bolted my MAS micely.

2True
01-22-2003, 09:20 AM
Mine didn't fit snug, I made a gasket out of an old mouse pad https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Jesse
01-22-2003, 02:24 PM
Mine is the FIPK, so I don't have this problem, but I know that mine doesn't have a gasket like the ones you guys mentioned, so maybe he doesn't have one either.

I like the mouse pad idea, fabricate something to fill the gaps, not a big problem. If a big gap does exist, it'll affect your idle and gas mileage slightly.

sabzi5858
01-22-2003, 07:41 PM
a gap between the mas and mas adapter will not affect fuel mileage, and it should not affect the idle. if there was a leak after the mas (between mas and throttle body) then it would affect both. but an opening in either place can lead to debris entering the engine which i would never consider a good thing