PDA

View Full Version : strut bar choices??

Gtorque
09-16-2008, 08:27 PM
hey everyone i have a freedom design front strut bar and i have not noticed any improvements after installing it,
does anyone have something different?
i no they make the DC strut and the carbing one,
which one would be better for performance?thanks

greddy
09-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Any one piece bar is good, do you have any suspension modifications, because a strut tower bar will do absolutely nothing for you if you don't.

RedGalant2k1
09-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Any one piece bar is good, do you have any suspension modifications, because a strut tower bar will do absolutely nothing for you if you don't.

Actually it does. On my 01 ES I put a Eclipse STB up front and it was NOTICEABLY better in corners. Though I wouldn't suggest the 'cheap' alternatives. If you want cheap or inexpensive just buy an 3rd Gen Eclipse (2000-2005) Strut tower bar.

The DC bar and the Eclipse bar are on par with each other, and much better than the Freedom Design STB. The Carbing is the nicest and most expensive. The Carbing has a master cylinder stopper which is great for improved braking performance. Though I think sadly its not made anymore.

4g63lover
09-16-2008, 09:29 PM
I had experience with the RRE bar with and without my coilovers, one thing I can say is that there is a VERY noticeable improvement in the rigidity and stableness of the front end of the car.

For the DC bar, it only improved a little bit compared to the RRE. The main difference between the two is that the RRE is mounted on one point of the strut as the DC goes around all 3 bolts. Thus, the Dc pulls the strut tower together stiffer than the RRE.

The freedom design is an adjustable multi-piece bar, thats why you dont feel the difference is because I bet it is not adjusted stiff enough. and when you do get it stiff enough I give it a week until it loosens again.

guynlidia2006
09-16-2008, 10:19 PM
3rd Gen Eclipse (2000-2005) Strut tower bar.
it does the job and wont empty your wallet

boochieboy
09-16-2008, 11:18 PM
I'm definately for the DC bar....noticed a big improvement (less body roll, and just all around rigidity up front) going around corners the car feels smooth and strong,,,plus I think IMO the DC bar looks the best,,,it's a good match to a titanium pearl galant,,,such as what I have.https://www.thegalantcenter.org/picture.php?albumid=26&pictureid=151

fliegendaffe
09-17-2008, 12:15 AM
I'm definately for the DC bar....noticed a big improvement (less body roll, and just all around rigidity up front) going around corners the car feels smooth and strong,,,plus I think IMO the DC bar looks the best,,,it's a good match to a titanium pearl galant,,,such as what I have.

x2

RobG
09-17-2008, 08:40 AM
I also have a DC strut Bar. Had it on when I was pretty much completely stock. Felt a big difference. I don't regret getting it at all.

RAZ_76
09-17-2008, 09:05 AM
I've had 4 strut bars. The DC, Carbing, 3g and Megan racing with swivels. What ever you get, dont waste your money on a strut bar with pivots, you want a bar that is solid and will not allow flexing like those with pivot points will. Carbing I paid 300 for and I would definitely recommend this one to anyone because it weights little over 1lb and looks nice. The DC one I liked also and cost less then half what I paid for the Crabing one. The stock 3G bar is the best for the money and for someone that wants the good brace from a Carbing but doesn't want to spend 300 for it. It will function just the same but it will not look as pretty. My advice, if you have $300 bucks get a 3g strut bar for 50 shipped usually and get Addco rear sway bar for 170 to 200 shipped. You will like the difference even with stock suspension. I had that on my stock suspension and fora minute I forgot I wasn't lowered because that is how it felt on corners. Good luck.

Gtorque
09-17-2008, 11:05 AM
i do have some mods on my suspension,
tein lowering springs
KYB AGX struts shocks
addco rear anti sway bar
i think imma choose either the DC or carbing strut bar.:D

RAZ_76
09-17-2008, 11:59 AM
THe DC one will be hard to get because they dont make them anymore. The best price for carbing is 300 flat shipped from www.wesellcarparts.com (http://www.wesellcarparts.com). That is where I bought mine. They will order it for you becaue it comes from Japan.

http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=4761

boochieboy
09-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Really? Did they just stop making them recently?

RAZ_76
09-17-2008, 01:11 PM
yeah

greddy
09-17-2008, 01:20 PM
I think wesellcarparts.com
still has a few DC bars.

RAZ_76
09-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Yes you are right, they do. My bad.

http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=3874

Gtorque
09-17-2008, 03:59 PM
thanks.
what bar would you recommend?
anybody?
DC or carbing

RAZ_76
09-17-2008, 04:09 PM
It's a matter of choice now bud. THey are both good, I would take the carbing though.

Gtorque
09-17-2008, 04:28 PM
yeah i agree with you man
i really like the carbing no disrespect to the DC owners lol
imma go carbing

RED2KESV6
09-18-2008, 01:13 PM
3rd Gen Eclipse (2000-2005) Strut tower bar.
it does the job and wont empty your wallet

I agree. I have one, and noticed the improvement immediately, especially in slow cornering. If appearance of the bar is important to you, then get something else.

Gtorque
09-18-2008, 02:36 PM
i like how the carding looks. but performance is wat im mostly focused on

RedGalant2k1
09-18-2008, 05:55 PM
i like how the carding looks. but performance is wat im mostly focused on

Then you still want the Carbing, its the ONLY one made for our platform that has a brake master cylinder stopper.