PDA

View Full Version : crank sensor.....

2k2mitsu
01-22-2003, 01:36 PM
so i went to the dealer mon b/c my engine light came on...they bullshitted me and told me i needed a capacitor cause i was using too much energy from my battery....so i go shopping today and my car wont start!!! go there, they rip my car apart and tell me i need a new crank sensor instead....so now im without a car till tomorow night.....what exactly does this sensor do and why would it be bad after 10 mths..???

Auto-9
01-22-2003, 05:16 PM
Ah you too eh? Crank sensor I have no idea about but the tech that towed my car said because it had gone bad the engine automatically cut the fuel so that no damage would occur. Mine turned out to be a bad MFI relay though...but basically if I understood him correctly your car isn't ever going to start until it can ID where the crank sits and safely go about its business.

manybrews
01-22-2003, 06:27 PM
the crankshaft sensor does just what you think it does.. senses the position of the crankshaft relative to the engine block.

every electronic fuel injected car has had some type of crankshaft position sensor installed on it somewhere.
theyre all currently located behind the timing cover.