PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof sliding door

ndsimm
01-22-2003, 03:07 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with the sliding door on the sunroof? Whenever I take off or stop suddenly, the door slides open or closed. Any ideas would be helpful....

Fishboy55
01-22-2003, 03:13 PM
If you're under warranty, go to the dealer, they'll adjust it. It takes like 5 minutes.

Chip

mrjaydeeone
01-22-2003, 05:53 PM
I have that problem also, and when I went to my sucky dealer they said the tension is right and that's how it's supposed to be

Auto-9
01-22-2003, 09:07 PM
It's a complain on Carpoint too...thankfully my car doesn't have this problem. Supposed to be my arse...how many cars with moonroofs have a sliding door that slides during driving...

manybrews
01-22-2003, 09:48 PM
all you need to do is LIGHTLY pinch the aluminum track it rides in.

VERY lightly.

mrjaydeeone
01-23-2003, 05:48 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>all you need to do is LIGHTLY pinch the aluminum track it rides in.

VERY lightly.</div>

cool thanks...where exactly should it be pinched

vyrt1go
01-30-2003, 08:26 AM
anywhere will work..but somewhere close to the front on both sides (maybe an inch back or so) and the same in the rear (an inch or so from the back)...that will make sure that when its all the way closed, it stays that way, and when its all the way open, it stays there too...just pinch enough so that the track puts pressure on the edge of the sunroof....you dont want to grush the edges...

~v

firemen42
02-14-2003, 01:58 AM
i have a sunroof but i don't have a sliding door. damn that sucks. if i had that i bet my tint would look darker. i'm thinking of puting a 5% on top of the factory tint thats already there

vic_v_jr
05-01-2003, 12:58 PM
Thank you for the tip on fixing the shade of the moonroof...man...I love my car but I swear I was going to rip out that friggin shade...it was pissing me off!!!! :firedevil: