PDA

View Full Version : Bubbly Engine update

Auto-9
01-22-2003, 05:23 PM
Well the dealership checked it out for free and even used one of them listening devices...nada. No leaks anywhere and the fan/air intake is louder than the sound so the machine didn't pick up on it. Thing is the sound can only be heard from inside the car...since they couldn't identify anything we just accepted that we could now hear the cylinders in action. After riding in my car the recruiter that I was helping simply stated, "Your car looks like a BMW, drives like a BMW, and now sounds like a BMW. What the heck are you complaining about?" Guess he has a point. I was just worried because I rode in other higher mileage Mitsubishi V6s and they didn't make any sounds...guess there's nothing to worry about, especially since I'm the only one on the board that's getting it. :?

pinoyesv6
01-22-2003, 10:58 PM
if ur still worried, go get a second opinion. maybe sum1 else is familiar with the sound

Gilhuly
01-23-2003, 12:54 PM
You're not talking about the heater core, are you? - the sound of the radiator fuid going through there is bubbly/swishy sound

Auto-9
01-23-2003, 08:42 PM
Eh unless it has something to do with engine RPM I don't think so...it really does sound like the pistons pumping because as my revs climb the bubbling gets quicker until it sounds like a M3 growl at about 5k to redline.

FinalLast
01-23-2003, 11:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Eh unless it has something to do with engine RPM I don't think so...it really does sound like the pistons pumping because as my revs climb the bubbling gets quicker until it sounds like a M3 growl at about 5k to redline.</div>

i think i have the same problem
but I would call my sound a M3 growl.
hheheh
more like
damn annoying sounds.
lol

Auto-9
01-24-2003, 09:28 AM
ROFL...well when I first floored it in my car for the first time it didn't make any sounds...the muffler kept the car quiet. Now though it sounds like my brother's Altima...nowhere near loud in the cabin but it's noticeable and it growls. Even so, I still don't agree with Mitsubishi advertising stating that our engine has a docile purr and a sweet growl...I couldn't hear anything at the beginning https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif