PDA

View Full Version : I want to kill any import... help me

saiko-g
01-22-2003, 05:23 PM
hi :twisted: to all it is the first time that I write and only I need that they help me I have a galant 96 sohc autom and i needed some tricks to rise the hp please help me

JiP
01-22-2003, 07:27 PM
sell the car and buy something faster.

manybrews
01-22-2003, 07:36 PM
id recommend a 'vette, mustang, camaro or viper

Kain
01-22-2003, 07:44 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>sell the car and buy something faster.</div> :orangeno: Man, that's not right. If someone wants to do stuff with their Galant I say more power to them.

But, saiko-g. Look around in the various forums. There are many, many options for the Galant. The motor when hybridized (lowered compression, 4g63 head, and turbo) is capable of up around 700 hp. Though, you're probably not going to want to go that extreme. The basic question boils down to what exactly what you want to do. If you want to stay N/A, this forum has the majority of the goods. Forced induction is a good way to go. You're looking at around $3500 but you'll be outgunning most V6s on the road. I'm personally working on an AWD conversion. (and a few other things that I'll talk more about when everything's done) The Galant is a vast and largely untapped resource. Have fun with it. You've got a strong 4 cylinder with high displacement and huge potential. Mated to a very well designed chassis. The sky's the limit. But, decide what exactly you want to do, and than do the research using the search function. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask. There are many, many knowledgable people around here who can help you do just about anything. Good luck, and happy modding!

2True
01-22-2003, 08:43 PM
You can find the way to do most of anything to your 7g by following the "True Path to Enlightenment" in my signature.

I am going to unsticky this now thank you.

JiP
01-23-2003, 06:55 PM
I would realy like to get rid of this galant and get an eclipse hardtop but that has a 420a and i love 4g64/4g63... so then I have to swap engines put the 420a in the galant, sell that, put all my gauges afc etc into the eclipse with the 4g64, and then continue my work, headswap, 2g turbo ecu, turbo, upgrade suspension, etc..

its to much of a pain in the ass finding parts cheap for the 7g, when there are a shitload of parts on ebay for eclipses, 8g galants etc.. im sick of welding things myself and having to come up with stupid ways of using parts from other cars to fit on my 7g

But...while im stuck with it I do what I can.

seth98esT
01-23-2003, 11:07 PM
Get a JAITO rocket booster bottle :lauging: its pretty much NOS for older fighter jets, except its filled with pure rocket fuel. puts out 1000lbs of thrust for 12-15seconds! Some airforce dude put it on his Impala and went over 350mph in it :lauging: till he hit a crack or something and went like 120ft airborne :lauging: some urban legend donw south somwheres...its on monster garage right now. go watch discovery channel! they are actually going to do it!

well your not going to be able to get one, at least not for cheap at all. so i would just do either a 4g63t engine swap or a DOHC head swap + 16g turbo

JiP
01-24-2003, 11:45 AM
Theres some Truck show on like TNN on sundays where they like hookup trucks, dont remember what kinda truck it was this week, but it was a disel engine, the dude installed a propain injection system in the air tube that would squirt out atomized propain into the air stream, propain tank mounts in the rear. Then installed NOS tank and controller. I am pretty sure it was a turbo on it too from the way the piping looked.

Anyone wanna propain the galant and post their results?

Kain
01-26-2003, 01:01 PM
Propane injection only works on diesels. Try it on a Galant and you'll get plenty-o-detonation but not much else.

JiP
01-26-2003, 02:09 PM
What about a water/alchohol injection system on an NA? Simple enough to install, cools air charge down, stops pinging, allows engine to advance timming a little more(?)

ViciousLord
01-26-2003, 03:34 PM
that trunk was a dodge Ram 2500 with a inline 6 turbo diesel, im not sure what year it was, it was a late model ram i know that like a 99 or a 00', shit me and my godfather did that on his 00' dodge ram dulley same engine. all i can say is wow!!

he kicks my ass all the time, hes always tell me "you weak pathetic fool" ( in that vegeta voice, from DBZ), but only joking around, lol

EvoLuTioN
01-29-2003, 12:57 AM
you people don't have to be an ass to the guy...

JiP
01-29-2003, 01:39 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EvoLuTioN)</div><div class='quotemain'>you people don't have to be an ass to the guy...</div>

Its called a joke lighten up https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

IllestGalant
01-29-2003, 04:03 PM
How much money do you want to spend?
Then we can talk perfomance.

saiko-g
02-01-2003, 06:29 PM
If you speak about all that I have in money it is enough and is to spend consume it in what it is necessary as the system of nos of 20 pounds that i buys 3 days ago

bstnsportsfan
02-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Saigo-G: Before you start asking questions that have been asked 1000 times, please search the forums. You should find plenty of topics on the exact topic. Lots of people come here and ask "I want to go faster...how do I do it?" One of the reason some members make jokes, is because we are asked this several times a month. Please use the search feature.