PDA

View Full Version : Officially lowered.....

EATsleepJDM
09-28-2008, 02:03 AM
here are some pics i took at my auntes house, a day after the install......thanks to Jigz, Patrick(brother) for helping me put them in.but Jigz did most of the work since he knew what he was doing....and thanks to Jigz's friend,Tim,for moral support:smt040...

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm57/flipsouljah101/DSCN2495.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm57/flipsouljah101/DSCN2496.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm57/flipsouljah101/DSCN2498-1.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm57/flipsouljah101/DSCN2500.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm57/flipsouljah101/DSCN2499-1.jpg

i think its WAYYY too low for Chicago streets so i might put those springs spacers.does anyone know if they work any good?o yea the springs that are installed are Megan Racing.

greddy
09-28-2008, 02:35 AM
I'm assuming you haven't done the rears yet, front looks great, what struts are you using?

fatal1
09-28-2008, 04:15 AM
looks good now some nice wheels are in order

4-G-rim
09-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Don't use those spring spacers!

Its a bit low..but looks really good. Is the rear still stock or lowered too?

IVORY_G
09-28-2008, 10:58 AM
It doesn't look like the rear is lowered at all. If you lower the rear, then the car won't have the rake (tilt) on it and won't scrape as much on that front bumper.

EATsleepJDM
09-28-2008, 11:03 AM
greddy:yea havent done the rears yet, and im using GR2 struts.

fatal:yea i know,that why im saving up my money to get a nice pair of rims,but for the time being i might just paint the current ones little dark then STI gold.

g-rim:do you know any alternatives on making it any higher because when winter comes,im going to get stuck pretty much everywhere if Chicago doesnt want to plow the next day like always.yea i like how it sits right now but like i said too low and when i hit minor pot hole(try to dodge them as best as i could) i hear scrapping,also going up my driveway is a bitch since its really steep.but yea the rears are stock,and dont worry i dont drive crazy since the spring rate is off like crazy.

EATsleepJDM
09-28-2008, 11:05 AM
ivoryg:yea thats what Jigz was telling me about,we were supposed to do all corners but we had trouble in the front and it was almost midnight and i had to be somewhere the next day at 5am so we had to leave,plus the drive back to my house is almost an hour.

4-G-rim
09-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Well with lowering springs you are stuck with that height...if you had coilovers it would be a simple fix. I wouldn't even consider trying spring spacers. There is way too much suspension travel and movement for something to be between spring coils. Not only that a spacer between the coil springs would greatly affect the springs effectiveness which would reduce ride quality and handling.

The only other alternative that is safe is either coilovers or slap on stock springs and shocks/struts for the winter unfortunately.

4g63lover
09-28-2008, 11:22 AM
looks awesome, cant wait til we lower the rear too!

4-G-rim
09-28-2008, 11:24 AM
looks awesome, cant wait til we lower the rear too!

So Jigz...how do you like dealing with the 7g's multilink front suspension? A bit more work compared to the 8g's mcphereson struts setup huh? :cool:

4g63lover
09-28-2008, 11:35 AM
So Jigz...how do you like dealing with the 7g's multilink front suspension? A bit more work compared to the 8g's mcphereson struts setup huh? :cool:

oh yeah, it was definitely different. It wasn't that much more difficult but I just didnt know where to start. lol.

It was a learning process though, now, when I get my 7G I will know how to lower it and take the supension apart.

oh yeah, and I love how the sway bar link had a nut on the other side of it so you could counter the bolt while you loosen the nut in front of it. Unlike the 8G's allenwrench thing that rounds out way before you could get the nut lose.

kolio
09-28-2008, 11:45 AM
looks good, what size rims are those? 16's?

seth98esT
09-28-2008, 12:45 PM
I think it looks good, about where my old car used to be. Get some AGX or adjustable struts and will make it tolerable. I like low cars, I wouldnt change it. If you think its too low, get some 17s or 18s.

gilgastelum21
09-28-2008, 01:21 PM
lookin good bro

kolio
09-28-2008, 04:20 PM
I think it looks good, about where my old car used to be. Get some AGX or adjustable struts and will make it tolerable. I like low cars, I wouldnt change it. If you think its too low, get some 17s or 18s.

ya thats what i was gonna tell him. he looks like he gots 15's now (based on distance from rim wall to caliper). with 17's it won't be that low

9G
09-28-2008, 05:29 PM
nice

4g63lover
09-28-2008, 05:36 PM
g-rim:do you know any alternatives on making it any higher because when winter comes,im going to get stuck pretty much everywhere if Chicago doesnt want to plow the next day like always.yea i like how it sits right now but like i said too low and when i hit minor pot hole(try to dodge them as best as i could) i hear scrapping,also going up my driveway is a bitch since its really steep.but yea the rears are stock,and dont worry i dont drive crazy since the spring rate is off like crazy.

I have an idea, we can probably raise it a little bit from the fork.

EATsleepJDM
09-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Jigz, we need to fix two main things ,the sturt tower part on the right side is rasied too high and on the left side we need to fix the horseshoe looking thing(sorry dont know the name of it).and i talked with my dad and he said as long as its a little bit higher and those two things are in good shape i can keep the springs on.so i hope we can fix these things tomorrow.:::::crosses fingers:::::but if these are not fixed we will have to go back to stock springs...sadly...

o yea thanks for the comments guys....lol hopefully i will be able to sell my subs and amp and get more cash to buy some 17's soon..

4g63lover
09-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Jigz, we need to fix two main things ,the sturt tower part on the right side is rasied too high and on the left side we need to fix the horseshoe looking thing(sorry dont know the name of it).and i talked with my dad and he said as long as its a little bit higher and those two things are in good shape i can keep the springs on.so i hope we can fix these things tomorrow.:::::crosses fingers:::::but if these are not fixed we will have to go back to stock springs...sadly...

o yea thanks for the comments guys....lol hopefully i will be able to sell my subs and amp and get more cash to buy some 17's soon..

you're going to have to show me what we need to change. lol

EATsleepJDM
09-28-2008, 06:05 PM
lol yea i forgot to say its hard to explain.....at the end of that rant....

seth98esT
09-28-2008, 09:30 PM
I have an idea, we can probably raise it a little bit from the fork.

You can gan .5-1" if you raise the strut up where it bolts to the strut fork. Just have to be sure you tighten that bolt down very well or else it will just slide down and lower itself.

4g63lover
09-28-2008, 09:33 PM
You can gan .5-1" if you raise the strut up where it bolts to the strut fork. Just have to be sure you tighten that bolt down very well or else it will just slide down and lower itself.

yeah thats what I'm planning.

I think I actually rounded the bolt that hold the top mount on the drivers side, any techniques to get it off if we end up actually having to put the stock springs back on?

EATsleepJDM
09-28-2008, 09:37 PM
yea i checked the bolt, its pretty rounded.hopefully it will be easy to get it off.

yea does anyone know any ways to get it off when the bolt is rounded?

o and by the way,Jigz do you have a compressor?because i have a impact gun.

seth98esT
09-28-2008, 09:42 PM
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00952165000P

You will need a new bolt afterwards.

4g63lover
09-28-2008, 09:45 PM
yea i checked the bolt, its pretty rounded.hopefully it will be easy to get it off.

yea does anyone know any ways to get it off when the bolt is rounded?

o and by the way,Jigz do you have a compressor?because i have a impact gun.

bring that impact gun brother!!! I have a 150 psi compressor, hopefully its enough. lol. will make shit go faster. trick coming?

EATsleepJDM
09-28-2008, 09:48 PM
thanks a lot seth.i dont mind spending that much for something i can use later on.

so Jigz,do you have a sears near you house just in case??

o nah, my bro isnt coming since he was work form 12pm to 9pm i think.so hope fully we can get it done without his muscles....o yea i think im missing a piece for the impact gun so we may have to buy the piece if we decide to use it.

4g63lover
09-28-2008, 09:49 PM
thanks a lot seth.i dont mind spending that much for something i can use later on.

so Jigz,do you have a sears near you house just in case??

yup. hopefully we can keep your springs on cuz it would be a shame if you couldnt use it especially since the car looks baller lowered.

EATsleepJDM
09-28-2008, 09:53 PM
yup. hopefully we can keep your springs on cuz it would be a shame if you couldnt use it especially since the car looks baller lowered.

yea i know,its so SICK. and do you have like asuper strong knife or scissor so i can shave a good amount of it because i really like having those mudflaps on, because there is only a half fist clearance from the end of the mudflaps to the ground.

4g63lover
09-28-2008, 09:56 PM
yea i know,its so SICK. and do you have like asuper strong knife or scissor so i can shave a good amount of it because i really like having those mudflaps on, because there is only a half fist clearance from the end of the mudflaps to the ground.

shave the mudflap? I got a dremel we can try that
lol

EATsleepJDM
09-28-2008, 10:02 PM
lol cool.i know it sounds weird but its a must if i wanna keep them on.

4g63lover
09-28-2008, 10:04 PM
lol cool.i know it sounds weird but its a must if i wanna keep them on.

yeah I know what you mean. you dont want to rip it off. lol

SkylineG1
09-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Looks good. I think it will be ok when you do the back. The angle of the rake will decrease once the rear come down.

EATsleepJDM
09-28-2008, 10:27 PM
thanks man. yea thats what Jigz said also about the angle.

EATsleepJDM
10-02-2008, 11:22 AM
sadly i put the stock springs back on.....:(

butttt,the shop that i ordered the lowering springs from,will get the correct springs for my car (since they ordered the 99-04 springs) and when Spring comes around i will put the lowering springs back on again....

YES:cool:

Mike_Rom
10-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Awww man! that sucks you had to put the stock springs back on!!! Oh well.. next spring it will look HOT