PDA

View Full Version : please read this evyone, it about head swap

carlos reynoso
01-23-2003, 08:53 AM
To eny one
I got a head from a hunday elantra gls is a dohc
it a mitsubishi engine is a 2.0 engine i need to know if
i can make it fit in my 2.4 engine it look like it'll fit and
also the trans looke like mine i need to know fast.
My brother will junk the car with it its the same setup
and I can even take the computer ot that car .

if eny of you know something about that swap please let me
know because i have sohc and i really want dohc on my car.

Jesse
01-23-2003, 12:25 PM
Hmmm.... I'm wondering if the 2.0 motor is a 4g63 clone, if so then it's definitely worth ripping out.

The only way to tell would be to take a picture and post it and let some of us look at it and tell you, or find a picture on the internet of the exact motor like the one you have access to.

Kain
01-23-2003, 12:49 PM
But of course. Mitsubishi made all of Hyundai's engines/transmissions back in the day. The 4g63 didn't make it into many of their cars, but I think some of the Elantras and the Scoupes had it. Yeah, it's almost the exact engine you'd find in an Eclipse. You can also look for the "little brother" 4g61. No U.S. Mitsubishi cars got it, but a couple of Hyundais did. It's a 1.6L turbo version of the 4g63. Definitely grab it. Whatever you don't use sell on DSMtrader. Just don't tell them you sourced from a Hyundai.

manybrews
01-23-2003, 05:19 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kain)</div><div class='quotemain'>But of course. Mitsubishi made all of Hyundai's engines/transmissions back in the day. </div>
no, thats not true.
they sold the blueprints and tooling to hyundai.. every hyundai eingine is TOTALLY built in korea by hyundai, with absolutly no mitsu involvement whatsoever.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>The 4g63 didn't make it into many of their cars, but I think some of the Elantras and the Scoupes had it. Yeah, it's almost the exact engine you'd find in an Eclipse. You can also look for the "little brother" 4g61. No U.S. Mitsubishi cars got it, but a couple of Hyundais did. It's a 1.6L turbo version of the 4g63. Definitely grab it. Whatever you don't use sell on DSMtrader. Just don't tell them you sourced from a Hyundai.</div>

i should also mention that the quality of the hyundai parts is utter crap. i would not recommend it to anyone.