PDA

View Full Version : ecu #

galant96s
01-23-2003, 10:27 AM
i need to know the code for the whole ecu i need to buy a new 1
i got behinde the radio and got the code for the tranny computer but thats not what i need its the other big silvder box
any1 know the code
should be like md somthing
is it the same fr all the 96's?
thanks alot please help cuz i need to order it today

pinoyesv6
01-23-2003, 10:31 AM
the best thing u can do is locate ur ecu and look up the number. the 7g galant has several different ecu's and getting the wrong ecu could be a very expensive mistake.

galant96s
01-23-2003, 10:37 AM
where should i be looking?
it took my a while fjust to find the tranny ecu
is it under the drivers side by the fuses and shit?

Dark Anghell
01-23-2003, 02:02 PM
Acually you were right on as far as the location goes. On my 94 it is right behind the radio. It is mounted below the tranny ECU. So it's the box that's closest to the floor. Otherwise look for a bunch of wires wrapped in eclectrical tape (probably passenger side firewall). As soon as you find them, run your hand until you reach your ecu.

But I don't think mitsu changed the ECU locations, so first place to look is under the tranny ECU. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Good luck

JiP
01-23-2003, 06:15 PM
On the 97 you remove the passengerside footwell cover on the center console, and get on ur knees outside the car and look in there ECU staring you in the face. But then its a pain in the ass removing the bolts to actualy get the ecu out to read the numbers... I have CAPS, mitsu's program that they locate part numbers and shit, if you give me your vin number I can look up your part number.