PDA

View Full Version : the strut bar

saiko-g
01-23-2003, 10:27 AM
Where I find the stru bar for one g 96 and one intake of integra 94 it is possible to put like intake to galant :?

pinoyesv6
01-23-2003, 10:40 AM
the adjustable strut bars for the 95-99 eclipse should fit ur car. depending on the one u get u might need to so some modificatilon to the bar like install it backwards or switch the mounts. something simple like that.

as for the integra intake. its gonna fit but not easy. first of all, mitsubishi has a big sensor, the MAS that the integras don't. so you aer gonna need an adaptor plate to connect pipe to the sensor. it looks like this on the left
http://www.x3racing.com/intake_ram/3adapter.jpg

well since most likely ur gonna use that big adaptor plate ur gonna need fittings. extra ones. the ones that come on the intake won't fit onto that adaptor plate most likely. o yea the nack of the sensor, ur gonna need a big fitting for that too.

the pipework. u might need to so some small modifications to that. the routing of the pipe for the integra intake is similar to the galant but not exactly the same. u might have to turn some pipe maybe do some cutting blah blah blah to get it put in.

seth98esT
01-23-2003, 11:04 AM
ok, integra cai off ebay will fit, but y ou will hafta do some cutting to make it fit. do some searcing and you will find enough info on how to build one yourself from a short ram intake they sell at AutoZone(only CAI extension) but with the eBay integra kit you will get a full CAI (short ram+CAI) You will still need that MAS adaptor like Pinoy pictured no matter which route you go. Here ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2400745092&category=33621') is a link to an eBay auction that should work. Look at my pics in my sig to see the pieces you need.

if you dont want to do the cutting and what not just go get the civic short ram from AutoZone...thats what I did, but I also got the overpriced Arospeed short ram intake tube a while back...

2True
01-23-2003, 12:03 PM
CAUTION:

On my GSR intake setup, you will need to buy silicon reducers from another company somewhere (like weaponR or Injen). The reducers sold w/ the Ebay kit will NOT work for the Galant.

I am making a tutorial soon, just need to find more motivation... I'm lazy :squish:

IllestGalant
01-29-2003, 09:30 PM
2TRUE The 4"-3" reducer from the depot. The maf sensor adaptor is 4.5" were you able to stretch the reducer over the adaptor on the filter side?

pinoyesv6
01-29-2003, 09:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IllestGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>2TRUE The 4"-3" reducer from the depot. The maf sensor adaptor is 4.5" were you able to stretch the reducer over the adaptor on the filter side?</div>

well pvc pipe is measured using its inside diamter. in ur case 4. now the walls on a pvc pipe are 1/4 inch. u got to corsee the walls twice so that makes a 1/2 inch. so 4+.5 is 4.5, or in other words the opening in ur adaptor

2True
01-29-2003, 09:36 PM
Hmmmm... perhaps the Home Depot is a 5-4... hmmm. I'll have to get back to you on that.

I am gonna make a tutorial next weekend with accurate info. I am planning to retrace all of my steps and measure things and whatnot.

No, I remember it is a 4-5 fitment, fits like a glove!

pinoyesv6
01-29-2003, 09:41 PM
2True its 3-4. there isn't a 4-5 fitting readily available at home depot

2True
01-29-2003, 09:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>2True its 3-4. there isn't a 4-5 fitting readily available at home depot</div>

LOL https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif That's what I meant "3-4".... lliiiiikke uhhh gluuuuuvuuhh!!!