PDA

View Full Version : starter issue

Johnathansgalant
10-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Well starter seemed to be going out for a while = it would click every once in a while then start up after a couple of tries.. Lately my battery has been draining and i mention this because i dont know why.. NE ways i bought another starter and put it in... I may have to take it back because the ground connector is messed up but the last two days the fuel pump seems to come on and wont turn off till i remove the key.. im worried that the two are connected but i dont see how.. Im writing this late so if u dont understand ill help as much as i can.. My main problem is the fuel pump comes on when i switch the key to on and doesnt shut off.. ne ideas?? thanks

whokilledhoughes
10-03-2008, 10:39 PM
bro man i told you already...check your fuel pump seal....lol

Johnathansgalant
10-06-2008, 09:26 AM
new starter i got from a junk yard had a bad cracked ground terminal so i replaced the solenoid and all is good.. I guess the fuel pump doesnt know when to shut off without the starter input-- Car starts up like a champ..

RAZ_76
10-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Last time I checked, the junkyard sells just that. Do you like to play detective because if you dont, then you need to buy a new starter from a store not junkyard. You cant eliminate problems if you keep using used parts.

Johnathansgalant
10-06-2008, 12:19 PM
cant afford to buy new and i need my car running asap so unfortunately junkyard is lemon juice from lifes lemons...

seth98esT
10-06-2008, 12:22 PM
If your battery wont stay charged and its a good battery, have the alternator tested.

Check this thread for common starter problems.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=19212