PDA

View Full Version : Service Engine Soon Light

LantBoy
01-23-2003, 04:00 PM
My car has about 71k on it now and when I was in park it would fade in and out. So I took it to a mechanic and then all he did was loosen this screw by the throttle body. He showed me when he was doin it and I also noticed a little bit of oil comin out of the valve gasket. So I was gettin ready to leave and saw my engine light was on so I went back in and told him and he said it would be somethin else with my intake or throttle or anything. But it is running fine now. Im gettin a new valve gasket put on Monday and see what the real problem is with my car. Any suggestions or help? The engine light wasnt on until he loosened that screw..................

Fishboy55
01-23-2003, 04:29 PM
Well, Dru, if he loosened the idle adjustment screw, he shouldn't have and you should go kick his ass. If I had a dollar for evertime manybrews said don't f*ck with the idle adjustment screw I could retire.

Anyways, there's a procedure in this post for how to manually readjust it.
Click Here! ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6304&highlight=idle+screw')

Chip

pinoyesv6
01-23-2003, 11:48 PM
what do u mean fade in and out? the rpm's? if so, just clean ur tb. u should get rid of that fade...

LantBoy
01-25-2003, 01:03 AM
Obviously this "mechanic" really isnt too smart huh? I took the car up to my girls work and they all bout smacked me for takin it there. I learned that this could have fucked up my IAC circuit on my computer. Which could cause me too need a whole new computer. Well its not my fault therefore I will not pay for it IF I do need a new computer. :twisted: .

Its ok though cuz the lant is gettin spoiled this weekend:

New valve gasket
Fix Idle Problem
Power Stop Drilled and Slotted rotors with Mettalic pads
Strut Tower Bar
New Wheel Bearing

Oh yeah guys when lowering your car please get coilovers or bags. Im lowered 2.2" with intrax and this is the 2nd wheel bearing within 6 months!
F'ed up wheel bearings are VERY ANNOYING!

Thanks for all the help Chip and Allan........
Chip I had somethin too ask you but I forget Im sure ill remember later though.

Fishboy55
01-25-2003, 05:32 AM
No problem Dru, it's all good. Drop me a PM if you remember what you wanted. My car is getting pampered this weekend too. A pillar gauge pod with an A/F gauge and Voltmeter and the Hyper Ground kit. Damn I wish I had a garage... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Chip

LantBoy
01-25-2003, 01:36 PM
Yeah chip let me know how the Hyper Ground System goes. What size wiring did you get? Small, Medium, or Large?

Fishboy55
01-25-2003, 04:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LantBoy)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah chip let me know how the Hyper Ground System goes. What size wiring did you get? Small, Medium, or Large?</div>
The hyper ground went great. 30 minutes tops to do the install. The wire is 4 gauge. Looks sharp. No noticeable gains, but we'll see on the dyno on 2/15 when I get the AFC installed. I've already got a base run from before the grounding mod. They'll do another base before they tune the AFC, so we'll compare.