PDA

View Full Version : Discs on back?

glinx1
01-23-2003, 07:18 PM
I have a 2000 Galant I4. I was wondering what it would take to put discs on the back. Could I just try to find a Galant in a junkyard with a back axle that has discs on it and put it on my car? Or is it more complicated then that? Thanks guys....(uhm...and ladies)

manybrews
01-23-2003, 08:37 PM
youll need the master cylinder, booster (i think), lines, calipers, backing plate, discs, and probably a few other things.

personally, i dont think its worth it. you wont really notice any increase in performance unless youre on a track.

pinoyesv6
01-23-2003, 11:31 PM
as for braking power, there isn't a big difference between disc and drum. actually drums are better than dics, the only problem is that with drums the braking surface is enclosed and heat is harder to dissapate. thus making their peformance lower than the discs. but yea ur rear brakes don't do that much braking.

as for a swap, if u can find a rear end from either an eclipse or a galant with the disc brakes, that will help u alot with the parts. ur still gonna need to go to the dealer to get a few more parts. if u visit club 3g, they got a whole parts list on how to do it.