PDA

View Full Version : dumping fuel

eros8201
10-11-2008, 03:22 PM
I am back with yet another question. My car is currently dumping fuel from what appears like 3 injectors. 3 of the plugs are pretty fouled and it is dumping so much fuel that it is coming out of the exhaust. The only thing that I could think is that the injctors are getting stuck open some how. I am going to run some injector cleaned through it and see if that helps but is there anything else that I should be doing? I have a 4g63T so I have a FPR located in the engine bay, what should I be running for FP? Thanks for the help I will get this car running properly yet!

Sorry guys I meant to post this in the problems sections. If a Mod wants to move it feel free

Blue Ice
10-13-2008, 09:00 PM
even if you were running at a hogh fuel pressure, your injectors should be able to control if the are spraying or not. If you have fuel coming out if the exhaust, it sounds like it's more of a spark problem. i'm sure all of the fuel will have burned off if they would have fired.

Or... you could have your injector wires crossed wrong and all in phase together where if one is supposed to be spraying all are spraying every time, instead of sequentially.

seth98esT
10-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Does it run on all 4 cylinders? What size injectors? Get a set of oem 450cc injectors to test with, can get them for pretty cheap. Base fp should be 38psi with vacuum, 43psi without.

eros8201
10-14-2008, 05:35 AM
It kind of idles rough but it does run and seems to rev fine. I had this problem once before when I first got the car and it smoked and spit at the time what I thought was coolant but it eventually just stopped doing it. Then I had the car down to change some things over for inspection and then it just started up again only this time it is much worse. The only other thing I could think it might be is the ground for the injectors. I will double check the FP because I seem to remember it being significatly higher then that on the gauge. Thanks for the help guys