PDA

View Full Version : Worst day of my life today....... Need advice on bodykit

Moosh
01-23-2003, 08:23 PM
Hello........ Today I was backing out of my driveway at night, and it was snowy here. My fathers car was parked next to me, and his tire was fully turned in the direction of my car. I did not notice it, and as I backed up (tight spot) my bumper rubbed against his rim and STRIPPED the paint off my bumper.

Now I was planning on buying a body kit in about six months but now that this happened, I refuse to drive around my car like this. So I have two options, paint the entire bumper and buy the body kit later and have to pay for that to be painted, or just get the body kit now and do it all now. This is going to be the start of my great unending debt, I can feel it. However I refuse to drive my car around for six months like this. So here is my question....

I own an 1998 Galant ES, silver pictured in my avater. I am going to be ordering the Shogun body kit. I have read that this body kit does not fit perfectly onto the 1997-1998 Galants.

1) Can someone please let me know any and all quirks with this bodykit and my car and solutions for them.
2)I also would like to know if having the shogun side skirts installed on my vehicle will cause it to not be able to be put on a lift.
3)My final question is, suppose I could get the Shogun body kit for $800+75 shipping, how much would labor be? Thanks......

laosboyroy
01-23-2003, 08:33 PM
Just put a decal over it. Drive it around then when you got the money get the kit. decals are always fun. just dont get an apc decal or something that will just make it look worse though.

Moosh
01-23-2003, 08:34 PM
I don't know what kind of monsterous decal I can put on my bumper......

laosboyroy
01-23-2003, 08:44 PM
alright im a help you here buddy. scratch the decal idea ok. then just have a fat guy stand in back of your car at all times. if you need to go somewhere put a sub on the bumper and the people behind you wont see the scratch just a fat guy runnin. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

Moosh
01-23-2003, 08:48 PM
Hehe. I'm just going to order the bodykit now. It will take me 4.5 months to pay off the debt. Can you answer the questions I had? My car looks exactly like your's did stock. Silver color and all.

95vegasgalant
01-23-2003, 08:55 PM
:twisted: buy it now before they discontinue it I got one put it in yourself and it will fit a rack but you have to lift the back and slide the scissor racks in :twisted: I think you have to buy the T bar like the 94 to 96 :twisted: I have an extra bumper in my back yard but dont have the lower lip I fucked it up

laosboyroy
01-23-2003, 09:01 PM
Ok just trying to save you money ill try to answer the questions too. i forgot but ill try to remember what i read.
1. the 98 galant grill is diffrent so you have to get a 94-96 grill and make it fit so the bumper goes altogether with no gaps in the middle.
2. some places do work with sideskirts they got sliding lifter things that move so it just raises the metal part. and not the sideskirt. My friend I know has a civic took it too les scwhab they broke it had to buy him a new one. but sides come off easily anyway.
3. nopi is the cheapest ive seen.,
ok hope that helped

laosboyroy
01-23-2003, 09:03 PM
say what there discontinuing the kit thats a hard word to spell.

2True
01-23-2003, 09:11 PM
As good as royboy's idea is... :roll: I'll voice some input.

To save money you could just buy the Shogun front bumper for now. That should run ya a little over $300. You can buy the rest of the kit at a later date when you have the funds.

The quirk on the 97/98 for the front is our "T" bar that runs between the hood and the front bumper (over the headlights and such). The Erebuni was made for the 94-96 front end so you may want to buy their "T" bar or you'll have a gap there right between the headlights.
Here:
<span style='color:red'>RED</span>= Difference in grill area
<span style='color:green'>GREEN</span>= the "T" bar I was talkin about

97/98:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid48/p4995456076c32f4585b74f7f6d03fe68/fcbce77a.jpg

94-96:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid48/p042800312521fb94ad0b7abb93fba88c/fcbce786.jpg

That's the only quirk I can think of really. The other 2 Q's are conditional...

*cars shown are property of Mazarin and Kimya, all rights reserved. :wink: *

NOSMAN7G
01-24-2003, 10:51 AM
Sorry a little off subject...But are they going to discontinue the kit???

illLant98es
01-24-2003, 12:16 PM
i just went through all the troubles of putting a kit on a 98 galant. the only thing that changes is the grill wich is metioned above. if you read my post from a couple of weeks ago i had problems with the reinforcers. you can do what everyone did on this site and take them out but then there is no protection for you when u get in a accident and no protection for the bumper.or you can save up alittle more money and wait so you can have the shop cut and mold the reinforcers so the kit fits. as far as i know i am the only one so far that did keep them in because everyone that posted back didn't have any. but good luck to you because iwas in the same position the only reason i put the kit on was due to an accident i had lol