PDA

View Full Version : Rough Idle

the210fella
10-12-2008, 09:46 PM
I know this a common thing here but i have an 02 galant that has a rough idle sometimes to the point of shut off. I have replaced the mas sensor, new plugs, and a new IAC motor and still no change any ideas what else it could be. Any info is appreciated i really like the galant and dont wanna have to get rid of it.

greddy
10-13-2008, 12:49 AM
Why did you start another thread about the same problem?

KaziKai
10-13-2008, 02:52 AM
I know this a common thing here but i have an 02 galant that has a rough idle sometimes to the point of shut off. I have replaced the mas sensor, new plugs, and a new IAC motor and still no change any ideas what else it could be. Any info is appreciated i really like the galant and dont wanna have to get rid of it.

I had that problem the other day... I fixed it by replacing all my motor mounts!

Try that!

dknight3
10-13-2008, 03:17 AM
I had that problem the other day... I fixed it by replacing all my motor mounts!

Try that!
how would motor mounts cause the engine to shut off?
no.

i4 or v6?
any engine mods?

edit: if its v6 it could be your distributor.

KaziKai
10-13-2008, 03:24 AM
no.

i4 or v6?
any engine mods?

I have an i4 and mine did the rough idle and sometimes it does shut off.. I couldnt find out why it did that so i changed everything and still does the same... finally i saw that my motor mounts on the tranny and fronts were torn part and thought if i would change that then deal with the other problems... well after 4 hours of changing all the mounts... my car stopped the rough idle... and never the engine never shut off ever again...

If this is the same problem then I will suggest to do what i did.. if not... i dont know how to help you!

take care!

the210fella
10-13-2008, 07:38 AM
Why did you start another thread about the same problem?

my bad i started another thread cuz i thought i put the other one in the wrong section

the210fella
10-13-2008, 07:39 AM
no.

i4 or v6?
any engine mods?

its an i4 and no i have not modded the engine