PDA

View Full Version : bumpy ride!!

Cheenoh
01-24-2003, 03:36 AM
My '96 7G w/ 109K mi on the clock rides like a soapbox racer! I've recently replaced struts & springs (stock setup) and regularly check the tires are properly inflated to their proper PSI's but the ride still remains HARSH. Others I know w/ the same car have similar complaints and I've even been told it's a (normal) characteristic of double-wishbone suspensions for their ride quality to diminish as time progresses (??).. Can anyone tell me what can be done to rectify this? She used to ride like she floated on a cloud like when I first got her.. Thank you in advance for all replies and advice..

queball
01-27-2003, 05:31 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cheenoh)</div><div class='quotemain'>My '96 7G w/ 109K mi on the clock rides like a soapbox racer! I've recently replaced struts & springs (stock setup) and regularly check the tires are properly inflated to their proper PSI's but the ride still remains HARSH. Others I know w/ the same car have similar complaints and I've even been told it's a (normal) characteristic of double-wishbone suspensions for their ride quality to diminish as time progresses (??).. Can anyone tell me what can be done to rectify this? She used to ride like she floated on a cloud like when I first got her.. Thank you in advance for all replies and advice..</div>

my only compaint is that the rear of my car sags making the rear tires camber bad enough to make the inside edge wear funny and almost bald while the resto of the tire is still like brand new and the worst aprt is the dealership tells me that, thats the way its supose to be.. but looking at other galants i can't see there rear tires leaning in like mine

cantbeatmy97
01-27-2003, 05:03 PM
check the sway bar links or n e other suspension components balljoints,tie rod end bushings etc...

Galant Ryder
02-09-2003, 04:12 PM
check the bushings to your upper control arms. i had the same problem before it used to bang like i hit a pothole when i ran over a little crack or bump. i have to get my suspension bushings changed because it still has a little bumpy ride but its manageable

peanotation
02-09-2003, 04:31 PM
hmm, galant ryder pretty much hit the head on that one. i'm having somewhat of the same problem, except its only my back struts that piss me off. with little movements (like backing into spots and parking lot speeds) they make a shitload of noise like metal on metal.

Dark Anghell
02-09-2003, 08:07 PM
For the tire wear...get a camber kit.
For the bumpy ride...if you have aftermarket springs and shocks/struts, the ride is suppost to be bumpy and harsh because they are stiffer. For the banging noise...I got the same thing happening to my car, but after I got coilovers, everything stopped. But if have OEM springs and new OEM struts/shocks, then you have aproblem https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif