Parts that are readily available:
5spd manual transmission 3g v6
Clutch Master Cylinder
Clutch Slave Cylinder
00-05 ECLIPSE SPYDER 3.0 GT EXEDY CLUTCH KIT & FLYWHEEL
Clutch and Brake pedals
Shifter Assembly

Parts unsure about:
Drive axle shaft (if needed for the V6 and which side)
Starter ( Cant my stock starter be used or modded )

As far as I know I have searched and the 5spd swap for the V6 seems pieced together from so many places that im not sure anymore. As far as other parts needed I still do need help on that.

My 1st post as a newb. Dont roast me too badly.

WhiteGalant
10-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Where are you in MD, im collectin parts for the swap for my 4cyl now.

RAZ_76
10-21-2008, 10:44 PM
You will need the passanger side axle from a V6 eclipse 5spd and your starter is ok to use as long as you use 3G flywheel, at least that's how it is for the 4 cylinder.

DryBear
10-21-2008, 11:11 PM
The starter is the same for the Galant and Eclipse - however, make sure you have the starter plate for the manual transmission as the hole for the starter is different.

And as said above, you actually need the intermediate shaft and outer half shaft on the passenger side - you want the whole assembly. Most of the retail auto parts stores will only carry the outer half shaft.

Ivory8g
10-21-2008, 11:30 PM
make sure you have two of the little plates that seperates the engine from the tranny and on top of the pressure plate

blkg01
10-22-2008, 07:16 AM
make sure you have two of the little plates that seperates the engine from the tranny and on top of the pressure plate

Im assuming that these plates wouldnt be flywheel, pressure plate and clutch disc.Would i be able to find these parts at a yard.

By the way Im located right below Waldorf, MD. I finally have the money to do this, so i figure before any other mods why not swap rite now ya kno.

6G72gearhead
10-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Yeah, you need the intermediate shaft, which runs between the transmission and the passenger side cv axle. You will need to find a machine shop that can press everything together for you. Its not that hard, I got mine done for like 20 bucks.

DryBear
10-22-2008, 08:37 AM

Not sure how it is for the I4, but for the V6, there are really only three plates involved - the large Starter Plate that sits behind the flywheel, and the two spacer plates that go on top of the flywheel. One of the flywheel plates has a hole for the clutch alignment tool.

blkg01
10-22-2008, 08:43 AM
I thank everyone for the patience and help so far.
As for the intermediate shaft do you know of a place i can find it. Most parts yards dont have them and online im only finding half shafts. Also shifter/clutch cables i would like to get new ones, seems like im only finding these for previous years 95 and lower.

RAZ_76
10-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Go to car-parts.com and request parts there or try club3g.com. Post a wanted add, you will find parts there, that's where I got all my 5spd parts from.

Ivory8g
10-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Not sure how it is for the I4, but for the V6, there are really only three plates involved - the large Starter Plate that sits behind the flywheel, and the two spacer plates that go on top of the flywheel. One of the flywheel plates has a hole for the clutch alignment tool.

yeah I am talking about the spacer plates. I'm just saying make sure and get 2 of them. I had one and realized I needed 2 when I looked in CAPS

blkg01
11-04-2008, 06:45 PM
OK so i have everything that is except for the shaft assembly, adapter plates, cylinder block plate, and clutch line from master to slave. The only questions are can anyone recommend a good master to slave stainless steel line, MD719871 is one of the adapter plates it looks to be interchangeable with the MD760089 plate off my auto so would i just need to order one plate(Would these work there called flywheel shims http://www.autozone.com/N,11201294/shopping/partTypeResultSet.htm), and https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=18443&highlight=clutch+line it looks like the drive plate from the auto was left on during the swap whats up with that? (Note im comparing the 8G v6 to the 3G v6 in CAPS)

gtx
11-05-2008, 02:13 AM
... The only questions are can anyone recommend a good master to slave stainless steel line...
A 240SX AT to MT conversion line works perfectly.

blkg01
11-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Anybody else on here who is running with a straight hose line from master to slave with no problems.

blkg01
01-07-2009, 10:41 AM
K so the swap has been finished for awhile now a big thanx to those who helped with questions and the tutorials around here:smt035 Now for more questions .lol. Im now throwing a code since i have a 2001 v6 I know to delete it i would have to get an older ecu and immobilizer reinitialized at the dealership but is there anyone who deleted the code with another setup? For instance(another ECU, reflash, management systems, wiring, Etc.)

Jeffylou87
01-07-2009, 11:22 AM
I am going to need your help when I do mine.. You actually cleared up a lot of information by creating this thread. You might get a pm soon.

blkg01
01-09-2009, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=Jeffylou87;455944]I am going to need your help when I do mine.. You actually cleared up a lot of information by creating this thread. You might get a pm soon.[/QUOTE

Yea im more of a visual person so Goosey's and other tutorials helped out a lot. If anything the hardest thing was to collect the parts and after you have everything (I mean absolutely everything you need) it all falls into place. Just let me know about any questions that you have. Also good to kno that Drybear is on to something with the "SES" light fix.