PDA

View Full Version : Help with gauge bulbs!!!

ChuloMxcn
01-24-2003, 03:42 PM
I feel ripped off. Can someone help. I have the GTZ gauges with the white face and orange numbers. I had some shitty blue bulbs from pep boys put behind my gauges to see how it looked. It looked ok until the blue faded, so I figured I'd buy some $40 PIAA 168 Super Plasmas hoping that I would have some nice looiing gauges, only to find out that they only made the orange on the numbers brighter. Do I need to take something else off to make them glow the plasma blue color or something? Please help. Im confused.

Khopari
01-24-2003, 06:30 PM
umm try 194b that should help,, and get hte brightest bulb,,, and also it should not coast you more than 3 bucks for 2 bulb

pinoyesv6
01-24-2003, 08:36 PM
there is an orange film in hte middle of the guages taht make the numbers be that certain color. the reason u might have not seen it with the blue bulbs is because the blue might have drowned out that orange color. if u want it to be blue, u can try to drown out the orange color again by getting blue gel caps (bulb condoms) and put them over the piaa bulbs. yea over time the gel caps will fade out but i believe u an jsut peel them off and put on a new set. gel caps are cheapp too. so ur gonna get the brightest blue u could get using a regular style bulb