PDA

View Full Version : Finally a real member of TGC community :)

Pages : [1] 2

HungarianHunter
10-26-2008, 11:35 PM
I have been on this site for over a year now, ever since i started looking into galants. Well I finally got my own last night!!

Here are some pics.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/101_1575.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/101_1574.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/101_1573.jpg

Nothing done to it yet, cept I installed my sound system today. My next project will be reupholstering the center console, door panels, and the part near the shifter that's woodgrain, and paint some other interior parts.

G-spot
10-26-2008, 11:36 PM
I thought you're from Hungary?

youngin3
10-26-2008, 11:46 PM
What trim is it?

greddy
10-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Why do you have silver trim around the shifter and the center stack, but woodgrain on the doors? I'm assuming it was painted in the middle? Welcome to the joys of owning a galant.

HungarianHunter
10-27-2008, 12:57 AM
I thought you're from Hungary?

Yes sir, I'm from Hungary. I've live in AZ since I was 6 though, so 11 years now. But I'm originally from there, my whole family is.

HungarianHunter
10-27-2008, 12:57 AM
What trim is it?

It's this crappy silver color. The guy I bought it from sold it to me the way it is, he tried painting it.

HungarianHunter
10-27-2008, 12:58 AM
Why do you have silver trim around the shifter and the center stack, but woodgrain on the doors? I'm assuming it was painted in the middle? Welcome to the joys of owning a galant.

Yea, that was the previous owner's doing. I plan on redoing it ASAP.

youngin3
10-27-2008, 01:01 AM
I meant what trim as in LS, ES, GTZ, DE...

And the little bubble button beside quote is the Multi-quote button. You should try to use it instead of posting three times. It's pretty fun once you get the hang of it. :D

HungarianHunter
10-27-2008, 01:18 AM
I meant what trim as in LS, ES, GTZ, DE...

And the little bubble button beside quote is the Multi-quote button. You should try to use it instead of posting three times. It's pretty fun once you get the hang of it. :D

Idk if your trying to be a smartass or help me out.

But its an ES

mapid145
10-27-2008, 05:54 AM
lol.. i think hes trying to be a bit of both. .but u should use the bubble as it will keep ur post from getting all cluttered.

clean the corners and get rid of the hubcaps lol good start though

youngin3
10-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Idk if your trying to be a smartass or help me out.

But its an ES

I was being a little bit of both. I was definitely helping you out but having fun with it too. haha

HungarianHunter
10-27-2008, 04:46 PM
In that case thanks :D lol

So I'm thinkin about getting HID's and sticking them in my fogs and making my fogs on an independent switch. What do you guys think?

qnz
10-27-2008, 05:13 PM
the fogs might melt. its cheap plastic.

SleekGTZ
10-27-2008, 05:51 PM
White Galants look really nice. :)

youngin3
10-27-2008, 06:33 PM
White Galants look really nice. :)

White or black.

I like the black ones better. Unless it's the ones they painted wrong and it peels off. haha

airborneparainf82
10-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Yes sir, I'm from Hungary. I've live in AZ since I was 6 though, so 11 years now. But I'm originally from there, my whole family is.

where in AZ? Im in Mesa. Not too many AZ members here.

RedGalant2k1
10-27-2008, 08:32 PM
White or black.

I like the black ones better. Unless it's the ones they painted wrong and it peels off. haha

That means Grey is the best.

HungarianHunter
10-27-2008, 08:37 PM
That means Grey is the best.

Yea I love metallic grey, like gunmetal.

where in AZ? Im in Mesa. Not too many AZ members here.

I'm in Phoenix. 35th ave and happy valley, in 85085. I'd be fun to possibly have a meet here in AZ, go for a drive, discuss our cars, stuff like that. If your ever in the mood let me know :D

The fogs might melt. Cheap plastic

Does everyone agree that the fog housing would melt? What could I do to fix that? Get better fog housings(?)

youngin3
10-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Does everyone agree that the fog housing would melt? What could I do to fix that? Get better fog housings(?)

I don't agree.

It depends on if you take long trips in your car on a regular basis. If you just make short trips everyday, then I don't think it would hurt it. Of course sooner or later you are bound to make a longer than usual drive in your car, and then your housings may melt.

Is there anyone who has had their fog light housings melt because of HID lights? That would be a better question to ask.

I did the fog light mod on my car. I didn't run a switch though. I will do that later I imagine. I just hooked up the switched power to a relay and the fogs come on and stay on if the key is in the ignition.

greddy
10-27-2008, 09:44 PM
I've had one of my housings bubble up a little in the middle but it's barely noticeable, but I also drive with my fogs on all the time. My fogs were painted yellow and had yellow bulbs inside, but not HIDs. It all depends on the time they are on. I've since switched to old style vr4 fogs, and they are well constructed projectors instead of the crappy plastic we have stock.

HungarianHunter
10-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Well the only time I would drive with fogs on is at night, so my HID's give the road that nice blue glow I like :)

So basically what everyone is saying is just limit the time they are on? I drive for maybe a few hours at night on weekends coming and going so that should be fine right?

Oh I also got some 195 bulbs and am redoing my gauges and shifter bezel area with blue lighting, I'll get pics up, should be nice :)

HungarianHunter
10-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Here is a pic. My camera couldn't pick up the color very well, this is the best I got. It's really nice at night. My shifter lighting is now the same color. It's pretty awesome how they sell them in packages of 2, so you need to buy 3, since you need 5 bulbs for the gauges, but that extra 1 you can use in your shifter lighting :D

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/101_1582.jpg

greddy
10-28-2008, 09:22 PM
That's what mine look like, cheap and easy mod.

youngin3
10-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Same here. :D

I am thinking about going red...

HungarianHunter
10-28-2008, 10:44 PM
What should I do next? Reupholster doors?

gtx
10-29-2008, 05:26 AM
Congrats to the Galant, and: Isten Hozott!

HungarianHunter
10-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Congrats to the Galant, and: Isten Hozott!

:D koszonom

RAZ_76
10-29-2008, 08:56 AM
HIDs run alot cooler then regular fog light bulb so I think your Fogs should be ok. Get some wheels next.

HungarianHunter
10-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Cool thanks RAZ. Do you know of an alternative to HID's? I want to make my fogs blue but with a cheaper alternative to an HID kit, I plan on getting HID's for my headlights. I went to autozone and realized the don't sell colored 893 (if I remember right) bulbs, the original ones that go there. If I get one of these in blue : H880/892/899/885 would it be legal to drive with them on?

skyhigh90210
10-29-2008, 08:35 PM
1. AutoZone does has 893 bulbs(have them in mine right now)

2. As long as the bulb is DOT legal it should be fine.

HungarianHunter
10-29-2008, 08:37 PM
1. AutoZone does has 893 bulbs(have them in mine right now)

2. As long as the bulb is DOT legal it should be fine.

Yea they had the 893's, what I meant was they had them only in the stock white, not blue like I was hoping. How do I know if they are DOT legal? If they sell them at an auto parts store I should be safe right?

greddy
10-29-2008, 08:37 PM
You should be fine as long as they are not BLUE blue, but a bluish white.

HungarianHunter
10-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Aren't some HID's pure blue, or very close to it, but those are still legal right?

skyhigh90210
10-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Technically any HID that isn't installed from the factory is illegal.

greddy
10-29-2008, 08:42 PM
Aren't some HID's pure blue, or very close to it, but those are still legal right?

yeah, some are, but the cops tend to hassle people the bluer they are in color, your best bet is to take the bulbs up to the counter @ autozone, and ask them if they are DOT legal. Or you can search ebay, they are usually cheaper, and they say whether they are DOT approved or not, that's where I got my yellow high beam bulbs for my JDM's from. What kind of lights do you have in your heads? I would save up, HID kits are only like 50 bucks if you shop around, and it's a 10 minute install, and the lighting is SOOOOOO much better. I'd upgrade the headlight bulbs first.
Just my .02 cents. :)

HungarianHunter
10-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Cool man thanks for the advice guys! Here, I found these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-8000k-Blue-H1-H3-H7-H10-H11-H4_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a570Q7c39Q3a1Q7 c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0 Q2em14QQhashZitem220301907137QQitemZ220301907137

They have the with the H4, so those should fit my headlights right? I like the 1000k Brilliant blue, you think the cops would bust my ass for those?

skyhigh90210
10-29-2008, 08:49 PM
The cops will pay more attention with the brilliant blue, but from what I see most of the time they don't even care. Also with that kit you will lose your high beams but you won't really need it with HIDs.

HungarianHunter
10-29-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm planning on night shading my headlights. Could that make them more cop-friendly? The HID's I mean

greddy
10-29-2008, 08:54 PM
DO NOT BLACK OUT YOUR HEADLIGHTS WITH A TINTING FILM OR SPRAY! Trust me, the light quality SUCKS major dick. Just pull them apart and paint the insides of the housings black everywhere except the reflector. Trust me, it looks so much better that way. I know from personal experience, just look at my build thread and you'll see the difference.

HungarianHunter
10-29-2008, 09:03 PM
I checked out your build thread. Sorry, I'm a total noob. So take apart the headlights, by means of the oven to melt the glue correct? Then paint the inside of the clear plastic cover? With what sort of paint? :) Thanks for the help :D

greddy
10-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Yes, you heat it with an oven or a heat gun if you wanna be slower but safer, and then take out the reflector, and paint the housing black, not the actual plastic cover, or else you won't be able to see anything at night.

HungarianHunter
10-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Nevermind, I see what you mean about the headlights. I'll have to try that. What brand of engine enamel did you use for your interior? I think i want to do a similar flat color, would that paint work for blacking my headlights as well? And would a blowdrier like the kind for hair get the glue hot enough to melt it?

greddy
10-29-2008, 10:01 PM
I believe I used VHT engine enamel for my interior, and I just used Krylon flat black paint for the headlights. I don't know if a hairdryer will, it probably will, but I'm not sure. I used a heat gun that they use for rolling fenders.

HungarianHunter
10-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Cool cool, got my headlight info done :D thanks! Oh BTW is clearing your headlights illegal in any way? Does the law require those orange corners/orange bulbs? Or can I take off the orange and put white bulbs in without worries?

Now I'm looking into interior parts more. Stuff I want to replace with aftermarket rather than reupholstery/paint

Do you have an aftermarket shift knob/ebrake? Or even if you don't are there any you would recommend?

youngin3
10-29-2008, 11:09 PM
I used a hair dryer to do mine. I felt better that way because I wasn't baking my heads completely. It takes patience and a knife.

Start in a corner and go down both sides simultaneously.

I looked around and as long as you have an orange bulb in there you should be fine, at least that is how it is here in Texas.

HungarianHunter
10-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Ah ok so I need to keep the bulb orange. I really like Greddy's, how they blink orange but are white otherwise. Bit too pricy for me. Are there any clear bulbs that flash orange? Kinda like how clear led's with light up different colors?

greddy
10-29-2008, 11:42 PM
Ah ok so I need to keep the bulb orange. I really like Greddy's, how they blink orange but are white otherwise. Bit too pricy for me. Are there any clear bulbs that flash orange? Kinda like how clear led's with light up different colors?

Nope, unfortunately not, or else I wouldn't have drop 50 bucks on two bulbs lol, there is a bulb that looks chrome when it's off, and is amber when it's on, but thats about it. So you can clear your corners, just make sure when your turn signals are on, they flash some form of orange. I mean I've seen the local ricers rolling around with super bright white turn signals that only flash white, and to be quite honest, at least half of them get pulled over for that shit. I even took the time to go to the local PD and ask about the legality of the switchback led's before I purchased them. They really are the best of both worlds. For now, just clear your corners and keep your orange bulbs, and save up the money and get the LED's. Also, when getting LED's, you'll need resistors so they don't blink annoyingly fast. Let me know if you need more info.

HungarianHunter
10-29-2008, 11:50 PM
Grab LED orange bulbs for my turns? Or Fogs as well? I'd like to keep my fog housing clear, and do the black paint on my headlights, put 8000k for my headlights. So what I'm unclear about with my lighting in the front is what kinda bulbs I should get for my turns and fogs.

Is there any bulb for the fogs that has a hint of blue w/o being HID?

Sorry, just wanna get some clear advice before I buy anything :) I appreciate the help!

greddy
10-29-2008, 11:59 PM
Don't you have regular orange bulbs in your turns right now? If so, just take out the orange plastic part when paint the inside of your heads black, and it'll look good until you can get the LEDs that I have. LED's will not work for your fogs, if you want something with a hint of blue:
http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_dmptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessor ies?_nkw=blue+893%23+bulbs&_sacat=0&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=893%23+bulbs&_osacat=0

All those bulbs will fit our fogs, and they have pictures of light output compared to stock, also, pick one that is DOT approved, most of them say whether they are or not. And don't be confused with the word HID in their listing, those bulbs are not HIDs.

HungarianHunter
10-30-2008, 12:07 AM
Badass! That's exactly what i wanted. non HID bulbs with a hint of blue for my fogs. Thanks so much!! Now what about interior? Any suggestions for fabric or aftermarket shifter?

EDIT: do they sell those bulbs at Autozone?

EDIT: back to the headlight. When I take them apart with a hairdryer, should i scrape all the old glue off and use new stuff, or can I just reheat the old glue and put it back together using that?

youngin3
10-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Badass! That's exactly what i wanted. non HID bulbs with a hint of blue for my fogs. Thanks so much!! Now what about interior? Any suggestions for fabric or aftermarket shifter?

EDIT: do they sell those bulbs at Autozone?

EDIT: back to the headlight. When I take them apart with a hairdryer, should i scrape all the old glue off and use new stuff, or can I just reheat the old glue and put it back together using that?

I reheated my glue when I put mine back on. It sealed up nicely.

HungarianHunter
10-30-2008, 08:25 PM
I reheated my glue when I put mine back on. It sealed up nicely.

Cool man thanks! I'm hopefully going to get some faux leather-ish stuff here soon, gonna redo my panels. Then my headlights are next definitely :D

greddy
10-30-2008, 08:35 PM
I would use new glue if I were you.

HungarianHunter
10-30-2008, 08:42 PM
What kind? Would hot gluing it work? Or not enough heat resistance?

HungarianHunter
11-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Hey guys. So I started doing my interior, white vinyl. Hope you guys like it! Only one door panel so far, I'll update as I go :)

Here is a full shot:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/101_1586.jpg

And here it is up close to show texture:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/101_1588.jpg

For anyone that isn't familiar with vinyl it looks and feels like leather. This is my first upholstery attempt, so any advice/tips/suggestions/criticism is welcome :)

Thanks for looking :)

youngin3
11-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Looks good, but I think I would lose the wood grain. It clashes with the white and gray IMO...

HungarianHunter
11-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Yea I'm debating whether to post a WTB black trim, or going to a junkyard to get black trim. I wanna paint as little as possible, I'm trying to avoid it. So if anyone has black trim name a price :) I'm thinking about doing the rest of the door black suede. What do you think?

youngin3
11-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Straight black and white?

I don't know...

You'd be pretty good just painting it instead of buying some unless you wanna try and sell the wood grain. That is kinda sought after and I do feel kinda bad for telling you to paint it. haha

greddy
11-02-2008, 10:47 PM
There is someone wanting to buy a whole woodgrain set, I believe it's boochieboy, you could sell yours and buy some black or silver trim.

HungarianHunter
11-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Yea but the problem is my center console and shifter bezel has been previously painted by the guy who previously owned the car, and the woodgrain on the doors, the clips that hold it to the door are broken, mine are just attached by the one screw in the ash tray thing, whatever that little compartment is. So I can't reallly sell it as a whole kit.

What's wrong with black and white? lol

greddy
11-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Nothing's wrong with black and white, but if you got either the silver or the fake cf trim, it would look a lot better, make it flow more.

HungarianHunter
11-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Straight black and white?

I don't know...

That's why I was asking lol. Yea definitely want to get new trim though. How much would new trim run? Think anyone would wanna buy my broken/painted trim? XD

airborneparainf82
11-02-2008, 11:10 PM
dude junkyard you can pick that stuff up cheap! for the corner bulbs, just taking that orange reflector out will make a huge difference. i believe i still have my Silverstar bulbs which are blueish when off, but are orange (legal) when on. Ill see if I can track them down.

Ill also show you the switchbacks that Greddy has when we get together. I've got them on my car.

HungarianHunter
11-02-2008, 11:17 PM
dude junkyard you can pick that stuff up cheap! for the corner bulbs, just taking that orange reflector out will make a huge difference. i believe i still have my Silverstar bulbs which are blueish when off, but are orange (legal) when on. Ill see if I can track them down.

Ill also show you the switchbacks that Greddy has when we get together. I've got them on my car.

Yea man sounds great. Are you free at all this weekend? It'd be fun to have like a "mini-meet" here in AZ, if your free maybe you could show me a good junkyard and I can pick up some trim that matches the white better.

airborneparainf82
11-02-2008, 11:21 PM
this weekend im actually going to San Diego, but next weekend we can probably work something out. not sure about any junkyards because I havent been to any since I moved back here, but just look up online and call around and see who's got any 99-03 Galants on the lot.

HungarianHunter
11-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Cool man sounds good. Any suggestions on what else I should reupholster? The front console is going to be wrapped in this stuff too, as well as the shifter bezel, and if I get real ambitious the front part of the dash. You think the arm rest would be too much of a trouble spot for the white vinyl, since I always have an arm on it it might get dirty easily? What are your thoughts on the suede doors idea?

airborneparainf82
11-02-2008, 11:34 PM
not sure man. its really all depending on your personal preference. i think if your gunna redo the upolstery and all that you should look at getting some material to do your seats too, and maybe eventually change the carpet. i've got a lot of plans for my interior, but its kind of low on the list of things I want to do right now. the arm rest might get dirty, but if you clean it often im sure it'll hold up.

ive always liked suede but i could swear ive heard some bad things about it in the heat. i dunno tho.

greddy
11-02-2008, 11:39 PM
I'd go black on the armrest, also, what are your plans for the steering wheel?

HungarianHunter
11-03-2008, 07:35 AM
I'm not sure about the steering wheel. I might just get an aftermarket one, but the no airbag thing makes me pretty nervous.

skyhigh90210
11-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Get an Eclipse steering wheel, it looks better and you can keep the airbag.

HungarianHunter
11-03-2008, 04:04 PM
What year would fit?

skyhigh90210
11-03-2008, 08:34 PM
2000-03

HungarianHunter
11-03-2008, 09:30 PM

So what do you guys think about white/black?

greddy
11-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Go for it, I don't think I've seen anyone else with just black/white combo.

HungarianHunter
11-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Alright then will do. What do you suggest for painting? I've read tutorials on here but there seems to be no general consensus. If I sanded the plastic, sprayed adhesion promoter, and use a flat black engine enamel (just in case, since it gets in the triple digits here in AZ quite often) and then cleared it, that would look pretty good right?

HungarianHunter
11-03-2008, 10:33 PM
2000-03

Could I see some pics of those? I googled all sorts of stuff like "2000 eclipse steering wheel" "oem 2000 eclipse steering wheel" etc. but I keep getting a variety of stuff. Could you direct me to some links?

greddy
11-03-2008, 11:28 PM
YOu could also go the more expensive JDM steering wheel route, which is what I have, it's black.

Here's a link to a 3G steering wheel

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199598

HungarianHunter
11-25-2008, 11:48 PM
Alright guys, I have an update for anyone interested :)

Got all 4 doors done, and got a shifter knob here are some pics:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/101_1598.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/101_1599.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/101_1601.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/101_1602.jpg

Don't mind the radio bezel, I was doin some work on it, oh and ignore my awful looking ash tray :P I'm trying to figure out something to do with it... like put a switch in there that folds out or something, and put pushbutton switches in the cigarette lighter holes lol. No smoking in my car :)

The woodgrain has really grown on me... I think it will tie the white/black together into a nice overall "luxury" effect, I think :D

I just payed for some carbon fiber (Radio bezel and shifter bezel) to match my shifter knob, should be here withing a few days, I'll post pics then. Also, I'm done painting A/C duct pieces, I'll have those in the pics in a few days as well. Also, headliner is in my plans, white vinyl to match the doors. Thanks everyone who has helped me so far, enjoy the pics :)

Opinions and suggestions/constructive criticism are always nice and welcomed :D

youngin3
11-25-2008, 11:51 PM
I am sorry, but that wood grain completely clashes with the color scheme you've got going there. That is just my opinion.

greddy
11-25-2008, 11:52 PM
If you're going to keep the woodgrain, you need to match the radio and shifter bezzel in woodgrain as well, I don't think two different kinds of trims will look good, thats just my two cents.

HungarianHunter
11-26-2008, 07:57 AM
If you're going to keep the woodgrain, you need to match the radio and shifter bezzel in woodgrain as well, I don't think two different kinds of trims will look good, thats just my two cents.

We'll see how it looks :D You could be right... Eh, I think the carbon fiber bezels will look good with the carbon fiber ebrake and shifter. then IDK what I'll do with the woodgrain yet. I'll keep u guys posted though

greddy
11-26-2008, 09:12 AM
If you like the CF, then get the CF trim that came on the galants, then it'll match and it'll go well with your white and black scheme

HungarianHunter
11-27-2008, 07:30 PM
If you like the CF, then get the CF trim that came on the galants, then it'll match and it'll go well with your white and black scheme

You mean there are CF door trim pieces too?? Cuz I just bought the radio and shifter bezel that'd be awesome to get door trim to match

HungarianHunter
12-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Alright, so I got my black A/C ducts back in, and got my CF radio bezel and shifter bezel in today. As soon as I get them in I'll take pics, the Radio bezel needs a bit of work. It's not the usual carbon fiber design, like the checkered, it's kinda wavey, maybe what people refer to as "fake" cf? IDK, bit it looks freakin beastly with my shifter, and dramatically changes the whole mood of my interior, it's a lot more dark and agressive :D

I owe a big thanks to GTZ, he sent me them. Great guy and business was smooth and prompt :)

Pics soon!

HungarianHunter
12-12-2008, 12:06 AM
I know I put "pics soon" but I have been a bit busy. Well today I ordered new 8000k fog bulbs, led strips for my doors (another project), 6 blue bulbs for the gauges/shifter, blue bulbs for the A/C controls, dome light bulbs, and some vinyls, more specifically a 2 1/2 foot by 2 foot Autobot logo, red, for my hood, and two 2inch logos for the rear pillar, the part of the body between the back doors and rear window (exterior)

all xmas presents from my gf :D

So all of my interior lighting conversion is done, all high brightness blue led's, and now I just need switchbacks and a 6000k kit to make the front lighting sexy as well. I'll have pics of the updated interior tomorrow hopefully, and pics of all the lighting as soon as it gets here, should be about 2 weeks (coming from hong kong)

update soon :)

ricky_db
12-12-2008, 12:14 AM
all wood or no wood!

spdracr
12-12-2008, 12:48 AM
some vinyls, more specifically a 2 1/2 foot by 2 foot Autobot logo, red, for my hood

please dont put vinyl on the hood

greddy
12-12-2008, 12:57 AM
please dont put vinyl on the hood

yeah, I concur, if you do that, then you=ricer!

HungarianHunter
12-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Here are a few pics of my interior, painted the A/C vents, and put CF radio and shifter bezels on, and changed all of my interior lighting (guages, shifter, A/C controls, dome lights) to blue, it looks awesome, I'll take pics tonight.

But until then, here are some pics for you guys :)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0262.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0263.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0267.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0268.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0265.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0266.jpg

HungarianHunter
12-20-2008, 02:25 PM
all wood or no wood!

agreed

yeah, I concur, if you do that, then you=ricer!

Whatever you say man :)

dimushor
12-20-2008, 03:36 PM
HungarianHunter, great job, have to admit that. really like it!!!

HungarianHunter
12-20-2008, 06:38 PM
HungarianHunter, great job, have to admit that. really like it!!!

:D thanks man, it's just the start. Got a whole lot more painting to do, fabric to replace, and parts to buy haha :)

New seats sometime soon, 3g eclipse seats, and need to paint door pulls and other trim black, and redo headliner white

Keep checkin back :)

ShiZnitH
12-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Nice mod :)

HungarianHunter
12-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Here are some night pics of the interior/my new fogs that came in today, and I replaced the blue bulbs I got from autozone with real LED ones, they are awesome :)

Hopefully you can see the pictures pretty well

Enjoy :)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0306.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0308-Copy.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0309.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0310.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0312.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0311.jpg

And here are the fogs, the first one is with one stock one 8000k hid xenon bulb from ebay, and the second pic is with both of the new ones installed

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0304.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0314.jpg

HungarianHunter
12-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Nice mod :)

Thanks dude :D

VIPtint
12-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Money well spent on the exterior lighting. Plug n play hid's next I hope

HungarianHunter
12-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Money well spent on the exterior lighting. Plug n play hid's next I hope

Yes sir :D

6000k HID's and Switchbacks next, that'll complete all my lighting mods :)

99 galant
12-20-2008, 10:45 PM
looks great man. keep going

i think those rims would look hot on that car, but you know with the red combo you gotta change the blue lights to red :p

looks like you are on your way to a nice car.

greddy
12-21-2008, 12:32 AM
Looks good, I like the interior lighting, I would clean up or paint the exposed part of the shifter.

HungarianHunter
12-21-2008, 01:07 AM
looks great man. keep going

i think those rims would look hot on that car, but you know with the red combo you gotta change the blue lights to red :p

Lol yea, I think I'm leaving the inside blue, the outside red, I really like the interior "aura" of blue, and at the same time I like red and white together.

looks like you are on your way to a nice car.

Thanks man :D :D

Looks good, I like the interior lighting, I would clean up or paint the exposed part of the shifter.
Thanks dude, and yes, I plan on getting a shifter boot, a black or white leather one, that'd be nice :) I haven't decided if I just want to tuck it inside the shifter bezel part, that little "slit" where the shifter moves, or all the way around it, and cover the numbers.

greddy
12-21-2008, 01:48 AM
Cover the numbers, because the LED's don't really shine too well around the shifter, also, to be quite honest, I couldn't see a whole lot of difference between you fog light bulbs, maybe it's just the pics.

I4betterthanUR4
12-21-2008, 02:54 AM
"Finally a real member of TGC community" It's not as glamorous as it seems.....

I4betterthanUR4
12-21-2008, 02:56 AM
I mean, yeah, the cars are big slow heavy and fwd. The woman are ugly and of course the guys on here were sent down by the driving god himself.

HungarianHunter
12-21-2008, 10:11 AM
I mean, yeah, the cars are big slow heavy and fwd. The woman are ugly and of course the guys on here were sent down by the driving god himself.

:S I'm not followin. What girls? And our cars aren't terribly slow are they? Galants have some decent get-up-and-go :D

dimushor
12-21-2008, 10:33 AM
:D thanks man, it's just the start. Got a whole lot more painting to do, fabric to replace, and parts to buy haha :)

New seats sometime soon, 3g eclipse seats, and need to paint door pulls and other trim black, and redo headliner white

Keep checkin back :)

now you inspired me to replace the wood grain with carbon fiber

99 galant
12-21-2008, 11:03 AM
you shoulda jumped on Erics real carbon fiber for sale.

HungarianHunter
12-21-2008, 11:13 AM
you shoulda jumped on Erics real carbon fiber for sale.

Yea, I didn't notice it. I think the pieces I have in now look pretty good too though :D

99 galant
12-21-2008, 11:28 AM
yeah, i wish my work was as good as erics, im working on my own carbon fiber

HungarianHunter
12-21-2008, 11:43 AM
yeah, i wish my work was as good as erics, im working on my own carbon fiber

yea ive been following that thread, nice work

blkg01
12-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Good job on the interior considering its a PITA sometimes to deal with.

HungarianHunter
12-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Good job on the interior considering its a PITA sometimes to deal with.

Thanks man, appreciate it :D

Alright guys, the mini logos came in today, they are awesome lookin! I think they are a perfect size, (aprox. 2 inches) and they look really nice :D

Here are a few pics, although they don't do them justice :)

I'll get some pics with them on the car tomorrow, it's been raining all day. Lemme know what you guys think :D

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0468.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0472.jpg

99 galant
12-22-2008, 08:47 PM
nice

HungarianHunter
12-23-2008, 01:53 PM
And here they are on the car:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0476.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0477.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0480.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0481.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0482.jpg

I think they look freakin sweet! You can see them from far away, but at the same time it's not extremely gaudy or extravagant, subtle, yet adds a unique feel to the car. At least that's my opinion lol. Lemme know what you guys think!

greddy
12-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Autobots! Roll out!

HungarianHunter
12-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Autobots! Roll out!

You like it? lol :D

starh4x
12-23-2008, 05:36 PM
schweet!

G-spot
12-23-2008, 05:39 PM
If you convert your stock grille to a zenki aero grille, place one of the logo there, and place the other logo on where the trunk mitsu emblem is at it would look better in my opinion.

Frankv
12-23-2008, 05:48 PM
^X2 They'd cover those two holes in the trunk perfectly.

HungarianHunter
12-23-2008, 06:03 PM
schweet!

:D

greddy
12-23-2008, 06:19 PM
I agree with G-spot

HungarianHunter
12-23-2008, 09:04 PM
If you convert your stock grille to a zenki aero grille, place one of the logo there, and place the other logo on where the trunk mitsu emblem is at it would look better in my opinion.

I like the red mitsu emblems actually. Plus they kinda stand out more this way. I think I'll leave it like this for now and see how it goes, I may change it later. You gotta remember the 26inch logo coming for the hood, these are placed more toward the back to kind of balance that out

G-spot
12-23-2008, 11:10 PM
You know what really set this project off?????

Optimus Prime Helmet!!1!
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/35/13/d97d225b9da00c5936d14110.L.jpg

HungarianHunter
12-23-2008, 11:22 PM

Optimus Prime Helmet!!1!
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/35/13/d97d225b9da00c5936d14110.L.jpg

I have one. lol, seriously

G-spot
12-23-2008, 11:46 PM
well, you're all set then

greddy
12-24-2008, 12:10 AM
I demand pics of you driving the car in the helmet once all the decals are on!

I4betterthanUR4
12-24-2008, 04:12 AM
Yup you gotta do it or BAN

starh4x
12-24-2008, 05:59 AM
if i saw a guy wearing that helmet with those badges/stickers on his car I would try to pull him over and shake his hand.

HungarianHunter
12-24-2008, 11:15 AM

Will do :D

RedGalant2k1
12-24-2008, 12:06 PM

Yea...x2

HungarianHunter
12-31-2008, 02:37 PM
Sticker came in

Enjoy :P

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0840.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0843.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0844.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0845.jpg

It's not perfect, but eh I'm happy with it :)

G-spot
12-31-2008, 03:37 PM
wait, did you measure it (or aligned it) before you put it on?

sponcar
12-31-2008, 03:45 PM
Sticker came in

well thats depend of how u like it but for me u killed it...!!!

platano
12-31-2008, 03:53 PM
transformer stickers on cars been super played out since at least 2001 lol

greddy
12-31-2008, 05:03 PM
either my eyes are broken or the sticker is rather crooked

HungarianHunter
12-31-2008, 07:30 PM
Yea it's pretty crooked I just kinda winged it XD

I figure most people won't see it while I'm driving.

:)

starh4x
12-31-2008, 07:42 PM
should of just said his eyes are broken.

Reelax
12-31-2008, 07:55 PM

Optimus Prime Helmet!!1!

i have one of these... i bought it off ebay (on my phone) right after MOD07 (went to see transformers w/ CALI and BILLET and our ladies). CALI was telling me to get it... he answers his door at home w/ it on! i also bought the darth vader one from target for $20.

Reelax
12-31-2008, 07:58 PM
Sticker came in

super duper uber fail.

HungarianHunter
12-31-2008, 08:20 PM
super duper uber fail.

It's uuuuhh... meant to be like that

XD

Well I was really pissed that the logo wasn't even a real autobot logo, it wasn't accurate, so I just threw it on there, but it's not permanent, we'll see how it goes, I might go for a cleaner look eventually :)

HungarianHunter
02-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Just a few small updates

I replaced my window regulator, coil pack for cylinder 4, and am replacing the spark plug wires as soon as they come in. I'm taking the decal and badges off, I want a cleaner look.I cleared my heads and debadged the trunk, and I have 6000k HID's and switchbacks on the way, those will be here soon. Also, I've got "titanium" door trim coming in, (like a silverish color), and those should be here eaerly next week. From this point on I'm gonna save for rims, I need them desperately, considering the fact that the guy at brake masters broke one of my hubcaps, so now it look retarded...

Still on the list however:

1. Headliner in white vinyl to match the doors
2. Paint door pulls/door pull trim/dome light cover black
3. Install new interior pieces
4. Exhaust kit

And that's really about it. Here are some pics, and I'll have more up when I get the above mentioned parts.

Enjoy, and thanks for looking :)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00175.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00176.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00170.jpg

OH P.S. You guys ready for a laugh? This is what I found when I went to replace my window regulator:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00174.jpg
Hmmm no wonder it didn't work... -.-

HungarianHunter
02-18-2009, 11:36 PM
So I got a few more updates for you guys :)

I got my vanity plate in:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00178.jpg

And my HID kit/ switchbacks: (please ignore the shit-tastically placed Autobot logo, it's coming off soon)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00180.jpg

6000K HID kit next to my Switchbacks

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00182.jpg

And my new interior trim, courtesy of GTZ, thanks man. These will be in soon, I'll post pics.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00185.jpg

HungarianHunter
02-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Update for anyone still following :) Now that I think about it, this belongs in the project section maybe?

Anywho, here you go :)

Took off the sticker... unbelievable how much nicer and cleaner the car is...

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00210.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00211.jpg

And here are a few pics showing how well the blue led dome lights light up the interior, especially my white vinyl :)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00212.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00213.jpg

Another shot of the HID's

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00214.jpg

And some shots of the different colors of my LED kit. Nope, these aren't photoshopped, I just took 7 different pictures lol

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00216.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00217.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00218.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00215.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00219.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00220.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00221.jpg

And here is a side-by-side comparison of my old trim vs new:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00188.jpg

It's all done now, but it's dark outside, so I'll take pics tomorrow. It really pulls the interior together very well, it flows real nicely now :) Thanks again Pete :)

Thanks for looking :D

BTW is anyone following this thread? Just curious, it had some attention in the beginning, it's how I became friends with some people on here :D

greddy
02-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Props on taking the sticker off, looks 100000000000000000000000000000000000x nicer, I like the new interior trim, not a huge fan of the interior led kit, but if you like it, props to you, good work with the HID's and switchbacks, welcome to the switchback club lmao

4g63lover
02-23-2009, 10:14 PM
good choice on removing the sticker and badges.

HungarianHunter
02-23-2009, 10:59 PM
Thanks guys :D

Yea Greddy, I agree it looks much cleaner. And thanks for the warm welcome haha, I love my switchbacks.

4g, thanks man :)

Near future:

I'm planning on putting these 1 12v led strips on either side of my trunk and linking them to the trunk light, and swapping the trunk light bulb for a blue led bulb, and the license plate light for a white led one. Also planning on adding a trunk lip, and cutting out the grille in the front bumper.

Then I'm saving for 18's, which I desperately need, and after that a drop and touch-up paint job to get rid of my scratches.

HungarianHunter
02-24-2009, 01:25 AM
Quick question, need opinions.

I'm really tempted to put this on the small triangular windows behind the back doors (is there a proper term for those?)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsubishi-Humping-Honda-Decal-New-Sticker-Car-Design_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ330095693971QQptZMot orsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I think it would be really funny... But I'm paranoid that a Honda guy would think otherwise, and instead find it funny to key my car, or something of the sort. What do you guys think? It's either that, or a white mitsu logo on the back windows, or possibly TGC stickers. Or just leave them alone?

Whatcha guys think?

KaziKai
02-24-2009, 01:50 AM
Quick question, need opinions.

I'm really tempted to put this on the small triangular windows behind the back doors (is there a proper term for those?)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsubishi-Humping-Honda-Decal-New-Sticker-Car-Design_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ330095693971QQptZMot orsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I think it would be really funny... But I'm paranoid that a Honda guy would think otherwise, and instead find it funny to key my car, or something of the sort. What do you guys think? It's either that, or a white mitsu logo on the back windows, or possibly TGC stickers. Or just leave them alone?

Whatcha guys think?

I think they just might key the G..... i would not be surprised...

HungarianHunter
02-24-2009, 09:48 AM
I think they just might key the G..... i would not be surprised...

Yup, good point. Never know what kinda assholes there are...

So Mitsu Logo or clean?

Rayth
02-24-2009, 11:10 AM
if anything do a TGC logo.. everyone already knows its a mitsu, why do you need to remind them with a sticker in your rear windows?

HungarianHunter
02-25-2009, 07:14 PM
if anything do a TGC logo.. everyone already knows its a mitsu, why do you need to remind them with a sticker in your rear windows?

good point

showtime
02-25-2009, 08:02 PM
I want a TGC sticker bad!

HungarianHunter
02-25-2009, 10:50 PM
I want a TGC sticker bad!

Where are they available??

showtime
02-26-2009, 12:03 AM
http://tearstone.com/shop/The-Galant-Center/View-all-products.html

HungarianHunter
02-26-2009, 08:27 PM
http://tearstone.com/shop/The-Galant-Center/View-all-products.html

As always, thanks for the help :)

HungarianHunter
02-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Alright guys, small update. I had a pair of LED strips sitting around from a project I never did, and decided to use them. Here are some pics :)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00227.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00226.jpg

It was an easy mod, and was pretty fun to do, cost me about 10$, and I think it was worth it, looks cool :)

If anyone wants a tutorial (although, like I said, it wasn't hard) I'd be more than happy to make one :)

4g63lover
02-26-2009, 10:30 PM
is the lighting in the trunk tubes or L.E.D.s?

HungarianHunter
02-26-2009, 10:45 PM
is the lighting in the trunk tubes or L.E.D.s?

They're LED strips, on one each side. They are 24cm long, and I believe each strip has 15 or so LED's.

showtime
02-26-2009, 10:59 PM
are they wired to a switch, or the trunk hatch? Do they automatically turn on when you open your trunk?

HungarianHunter
02-27-2009, 12:02 AM
are they wired to a switch, or the trunk hatch? Do they automatically turn on when you open your trunk?

I tapped into the positive and negative for the trunk light, so whenever it comes on so do they. So yes, when the trunk closes they shut off, and they automatically turn on when the trunk is opened. It looks really bad ass when I pop my trunk, there is like this creepy blue glow emanating out of it when it's ajar :D

showtime
02-27-2009, 12:07 AM
thats sexy, I want to do that. I also need another system, I used to have a MTX 7500.

HungarianHunter
02-27-2009, 12:11 AM
thats sexy, I want to do that. I also need another system, I used to have a MTX 7500.

It's a really simple mod. Txt me or pm me if for any reason you get stuck :)

starh4x
02-27-2009, 12:13 AM
Nice bro.

showtime
02-27-2009, 12:13 AM
I shouldnt, but I have jacked up easier things before...

HungarianHunter
02-27-2009, 08:03 AM
Nice bro.

HungarianHunter
03-23-2009, 01:12 AM
A few small updates:

I took the pinstripes off of the car, I think it looks much smoother:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/GetAttachment.jpg

(I know, I know... I'm workin on rims and a drop lol :))

And I began working on my grille:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00272.jpg

I'm painting the white parts behind it black, and adding black mesh onto it, and will be color matching the grill itself to the car. At the same time I'm going to remove the "grille" out of the bumper, and fill that with black mesh as well. Should look good by this weekend, I'll keep you guys posted, as always lol

:)

This thread has always been more of a project thread... any way we could move it to the project section?

raks_22
03-23-2009, 03:08 PM
nice galant.. and very clean.. lets modd :p

HungarianHunter
03-23-2009, 04:42 PM
nice galant.. and very clean.. lets modd :p

I've done a lot on the inside :P

Rims and a drop sooon :)

showtime
03-23-2009, 08:16 PM
looks good!

HungarianHunter
03-23-2009, 11:25 PM
looks good!

Thanks man :)

If my plan that I was telling you about goes through we definitely needy to redo our photoshoot :P

Especially with your sexy new paint :D

showtime
03-23-2009, 11:30 PM
BMW jet black paint...looks better on a G lol

HungarianHunter
03-27-2009, 02:28 AM
So guys...

I need a good ebay seller to buy my KYB GR-2 shocks. I've found someone that seems solid, fair priced, and offers quick shipping for my tein s-techs, just can't decide on a GR-2 seller. Who has had experience with ebay sellers of these items?

Thanks!

HungarianHunter
03-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Got my grille cut, filled, primered, and here is the first coat of northstar white paint :

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN0799.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN0801.jpg

Time to wetsand, spray on another coat, then clear it :)

Here it is just set on top of the bumper, to see how it looked. The color isn't a 100% match yet, it needs more coats, but it looks good :D

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN0802.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN0803.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the way the cuts came out :D

showtime
03-27-2009, 04:04 PM
im gonna have to do that mod, but keep mine chrome! looks good.

HungarianHunter
03-27-2009, 10:38 PM
im gonna have to do that mod, but keep mine chrome! looks good.

Thanks, still needs some work :)

Let me know if you do it, I can help, took me like 15 mins to cut, and then like an hour to sand lol, then like 30 for filling, and another 10 for sanding.

HungarianHunter
03-29-2009, 02:46 AM
Cold Air Intake arrives on Tuesday, ordering Tein S-Techs and KYB GR-2's Sunday night, so if all goes well my car will be sitting 1.7 inches lower in the front, and 1.3 inches lower in the back, with something new under the hood by this time next week :D

I'll post pics :)

Oh BTW, painted the radiator support black today, it'll look sexy once I get the grille back on :)

HungarianHunter
03-29-2009, 11:38 PM
Confirmed, drop en route :D

HungarianHunter
04-03-2009, 02:08 AM
So, got my intake on my car, and the shocks in the mail.

Here is the intake installed:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN0866.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN0863.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN0862.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN0864.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN0865.jpg

I never realized how much room the stock intake takes up...

And here is 1/2 of my drop:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN0849.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN0851.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN0854.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN0855.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN0856.jpg

KYB GR-2's

Tein S-Tech's had some delays, should be here next week, if all goes well I can do my drop next weekend :)

Let me know what you guys think of the install :)

showtime
04-03-2009, 09:57 AM
looks good, how does it sound.

HungarianHunter
04-03-2009, 04:30 PM
It sounds absolutely beast :D

Real nice and deep growl :D

HungarianHunter
04-09-2009, 01:36 AM
Pics of the springs that just came in :D

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN0968.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN0969.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN0970.jpg

And I also found a guy selling a set of 2001 eclipse front seats for 60$, yes a PAIR of 3g eclipse seats for 60 bucks, and they are grey cloth, so they already match my interior :D

Can't pass up that deal, so they'll be mine soon if all goes well :)

Oh BTW is that how the front springs sit? With the bump stops toward the shock? Or are they upside down right now? Do I need to cut my bump stops in half, or leave them like that?

Thanks for looking and for the advice :)

showtime
04-09-2009, 01:37 AM
put them on the car already

HungarianHunter
04-09-2009, 01:44 AM
put them on the car already

I haven't had a chance to...

showtime
04-09-2009, 01:47 AM
lame excuse.

showtime
04-09-2009, 01:48 AM
your playing on the computer right now, you could be doing it now! haha jk jk

HungarianHunter
04-09-2009, 01:49 AM
your playing on the computer right now, you could be doing it now! haha jk jk

lol dude school from 745 am to 215 pm, work from 300 to 10pm

No time lol

that's my schedule monday- thrusday (sometimes friday) but I got this thursday and friday off to do this lol

showtime
04-09-2009, 01:50 AM
nice! I have tomorrow off to wash my car lol

HungarianHunter
04-09-2009, 08:56 AM
nice! I have tomorrow off to wash my car lol

Haha sweet dude. You need your new rims so I can steal your current ones

showtime
04-09-2009, 11:43 AM
DUDE! Im trying, but I think im doing suspension and brakes before rims.

HungarianHunter
04-09-2009, 07:51 PM
DUDE! Im trying, but I think im doing suspension and brakes before rims.

Let's trade! My 15" steelies for your 16" Nice rims :D

Can't go wrong with that deal ;)

HungarianHunter
04-13-2009, 01:10 AM
Here are a few pics of my drop. I'll take some more soon, these were just a few semi-decent pics showing how much of a difference the drop made :D

I had a lot of fun doing this, took me and an assistant (my 14 year old little buddy who is my brother's friend) about 11 hours total (I've never done anything relating to the suspension of a vehicle previously, just had the tutorial on here to follow) and some things were trial and error (compressing springs properly, getting the dear brake to come back down far enough, etc)

But all in all I think we did pretty well :D

Enough text, I'll let the pics talk :)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00286.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00288.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00290.jpg

And here is a before and after shot:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00287.jpg

:D big difference
Rims sooooooon

:) let me know what you guys think :)

greddy
04-13-2009, 02:30 AM
nice work, now you are in desperate need of some wheels

HungarianHunter
04-14-2009, 12:37 AM
nice work, now you are in desperate need of some wheels

yes sir :)

starh4x
04-14-2009, 12:59 AM
Thats about how low i want to be. I scrape on shit enough as it is even while im 4x4.
very nice man!

showtime
04-14-2009, 01:20 AM
dude that looks good, i need new suspension asap

therev
04-14-2009, 01:58 AM
looks good brotha! im dropping mine this week! all i need to do is walk downstairs and get the Credit Card...too lazy though

~Gabe

Flutterbyfilms
04-14-2009, 03:53 AM
Looks good. I need to drop mine, I'm just worried I won't be able to drive anywhere after. I already can't go into almost any inclined driveway or entrance bc of my bumper.

HungarianHunter
04-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks everyone :D

Gabe get on that man, you'll love it once it's done :D

Flutterby yea that seems a bit risky, but it just depends on how much you go in driveways and onto inclines I guess. I think it would look good though, body kit + drop is sexy :D

HungarianHunter
04-16-2009, 01:08 AM
So I will hopefully be getting rims this weekend. I'm meeting with a guy that has a set of FALKEN Torque 5 rims in Gun metal, 18's.

Link:
http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-tires-packages/FALKEN-Torque%205-Gunmetal%20Gloss.html

The set of 4 with tires for 225$, with no real damage, they look great. I just don't know if the tire height is 40 or less, can't tell from the pictures, but if they are then they'll be mine this weekend.

Pics to come if it goes through :)

showtime
04-16-2009, 01:11 AM
cant wait!

HungarianHunter
04-19-2009, 06:38 PM
So, rim transaction got moved to Tuesday, haven't gotten those yet.

But I did pick up this nifty little thing from walmart:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00300.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00296.jpg

It's a universal device holder. Looks hideous when nothing is in it, that's why I'm glad you can actually remove the holder itself, and just leave its slot.

But here's the reason I bought it:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00298.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00299.jpg

Holds my Ipod Touch really well, I can see it without the steering wheel blocking it, and it is easy to use, right in arm's reach. I'm considering moving it up more though, I have to look down pretty far, which makes keeping my eyes on the road harder... Just can't figure out a better spot for it ATM.

Just thought I'd share with you guys :P
:D

showtime
04-19-2009, 07:09 PM
wow, when you texted me i thought you got your rims...

therev
04-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Dude theres a new dyno program for Ipod Touches/ iphones. look in the off topic thread! its like 13$ but i heard its pure sex!

~Gabe

HungarianHunter
04-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Just thought I'd post some pics of the progress, my car looks much better (IMO) than when I got it :D

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0052.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN0802.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/101_1575.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN0866.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/101_1574.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/101_1598.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/101_1602.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/100_0268.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00287.jpg

There's still a lot of work to do of course, but what do you guys think? :D

therev
04-19-2009, 09:06 PM
looks good, cut the shifter down!

~Gabe

HungarianHunter
04-20-2009, 01:34 AM
looks good, cut the shifter down!

~Gabe

Not a bad idea, but I like the height it's at, I'm always resting my hand on it. I wanna get a leather shift boot though

therev
04-20-2009, 02:32 AM
That will be better then, just having the steel bar chillen there IMO looks blah. Put like a cow hide shifter boot. thatd be pimp....do what hasnt been done! lol

~Gabe

jk bout the cow...

showtime
04-20-2009, 09:21 AM
jk bout the cow...

haha, for a second I was like cow? WTF is this dude thinking

lol

HungarianHunter
04-20-2009, 05:42 PM
The problem with putting a shifter boot to cover all around the shifter part and be tucked into the shifter bezel, is that it covers up the numbers, which would make me paranoid that I'm in the wrong gear lmao

HungarianHunter
04-22-2009, 01:14 AM
Alright, so I got the wheels today, but the tires are the wrong size, and 3 of em are not safe to drive with...

So I put a downpayment today at a shop for a set of 4 used 225/40/18 tires, set of all 4 the same (hopefully) or at least very very similar, 130$ for all 4, and these used tires barely look used, have plenty of tread, so it was a good deal. Picking those up tomorrow, and having them put on the rims.

In the meantime I took some pics with the wheels just next to the car, and I'll post updated ones once theyre on tomorrow :)

Here ya go :)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00301.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00302.jpg

Its a big step up from 15 inch steelies haha :D

therev
04-22-2009, 01:30 AM
Looks good bro! great deal too! Whatk ind of rims are those? i love white g's...

~Gabe

dimushor
04-22-2009, 02:07 AM
oh shit, i was thinking what the hell is wrong with these wheels, that they are staying on in such an awkward position:-)))

4g63lover
04-22-2009, 08:31 AM
going to look pretty sweet!

now, all you gotta do is remove the transformers badge off of the c-pillar.

showtime
04-22-2009, 09:59 AM
oh those look good, falken 18's!!!

HungarianHunter
04-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Yea, they're Falken Torque-5's, and the autobot logo is definitely coming off :P

Already have a new chrome mitsu emblem coming to replace the red one on the trunk, will be getting one for the front grille (or just filling it in), I want a "non-color" colored car lol, so black, white, chrome, grey, etc.

Gotta black out my tails...

showtime
04-22-2009, 08:29 PM
niteshade them!

HungarianHunter
04-22-2009, 09:34 PM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG_4103.jpg

Just one for right now, I'm a bit busy, but I'll post all the pics tomorrow, I took a bunch :)

misterhahn44
04-22-2009, 10:13 PM
looks way better

therev
04-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Im loving the dedication bro, keep it up

~Gabe

HungarianHunter
06-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Hey guys, it's been a while :P

Im hangin out in Hungary for a month, so my car is going to be in need of some TLC when I get back :D

Wash, oil change, air freshner replacement (this is of pivotal importance) lol.

I will be doing a full amp rewire, and adding a capacitor, I'll have pics up of that when I get home and do it, around the beginning of July. I took the transformers badges off the C-pillars, so now it's even cleaner :)

My next visual mod is to remove the fog lights, and cut the fins out of the front bumper, add mess to the holes probably, I think that will give it more of an aftermarket bumper look (Like what Greddy did, minus the added lip)

I wanna hear from you guys, how is everyone and their cars? :D

4g63lover
06-08-2009, 02:06 AM
keep the fogs and just cut the grille out of the front bumper.

HungarianHunter
06-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Alright guys, need some opinions

After reading up on here, I learned that the 3000gt shift boots fit our A/T transmitions well, so I want to get a shifter boot/ e brake boot combo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stealth-3000GT-red-black-shift-boot-Get-it-FREE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZQ7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q 3a1Q7c294Q3a30QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14Q2el1262QQ hashZitem3a4fbfc017QQitemZ250446069783QQptZMotorsQ 5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Found that seller, they do custom colors on their items, they hand sew them.

My question, is where I should get all white vinyl boots with grey stitching, or make half of the shift boot (the 2 triangles that are pointing away from the doors (so wat's red in that auction)) white, and make the other two (the ones that are black in the auction) carbon fiber? This would pull my white doors, soon to be white headliner, and my carbon fiber shifter bezel and radio bezel together really nicely, and the grey stitching would compliment the rest of my interior, which is grey.

Or just go for something more simple and do it all white?

IDK, need opinions.

HungarianHunter
07-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Alright guys, as some of you have read, I'm redoing my interior with a new fabric. Headliner and doors.

Here is the progress so far, will update tomorrow:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00326.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00327.jpg

And a bonus:

My mom used some of the extra fabric and made a matching shifter boot for me :D

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00331.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00332.jpg

I think it came out really nice. She is making me an ebrake boot to match, as soon as I get my new ebrake handle. I think it'll look good once it's all together :)

stvn_mj
07-07-2009, 11:18 PM
that interior looks familiar. Hey have your mom make me one. lol Looks good bro makes me feel like trying it but not yet.

HungarianHunter
07-07-2009, 11:48 PM
I'd be glad to help you when you get around to it

showtime
07-08-2009, 12:39 AM
how hard was it to take the headliner out?

4g63lover
07-08-2009, 12:43 AM
dude the headliner looks awesome!

stvn_mj
07-08-2009, 12:44 AM
I dont think its that hard but I think you have to remove the pillars and the rear deck. I think but adam should let you know more specifically. We need to meet up sometime again and just spend a day working on whatever you guys need.

HungarianHunter
07-08-2009, 11:22 AM
how hard was it to take the headliner out?

It was very very simple, only took me 10 minutes. All of the pillar pieces are held in by pressure clips, so they just pop right off. Then all you do is remove the bolts holding on the seat belts, remove the screws holding the visors, pop out the dome lights and that's it, I removed everything and upholstered it in one afternoon.

Steven, yea man we need to meet up and have a work day after you're done moving and showtime has a day off.

TITAN
07-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Very nice job on the grill. In an earlier post you said something about blacking the taails. If you do, I say black out the headlights and grill as well. That would bad arse Inearlieomewhere

remarque
07-09-2009, 09:47 AM
I have to admit it does look nice on the headliners. Good work.

HungarianHunter
07-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks guys :)

Here they are in the car:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00338.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00337.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00336.jpg

I need to do the doors, and am waiting on my ebrake handle to arrive so we can make a matching ebrake boot :)

I'll post more pics once it's all together

stvn_mj
07-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Wow that looks real good. Makes me want to do the same. Good job dude.

4g63lover
07-09-2009, 02:25 PM
that looks REAL good.

G_RIDE
07-09-2009, 03:54 PM
its coming out really good. its gonna look even better when you get those doors done. good job!

HungarianHunter
07-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Thanks G-Ride

So I found a pair of 3g seats, out of a 2003, black cloth (I wanted the grey cloth ones, but hinge on one of those was all messed up) talked to the guy, going to pick em up from the junkyard on monday, 80 bucks for the pair, he says no tears or damage (and I saw what they had there today, really nice stuff) the place is called LKQ, maybe they have them in other states too.

So I'm still working on the interior, gonna throw the seats in monday, I'll get pics of that up too.

kondypl
07-10-2009, 05:27 PM
how did you do that shifter? I like it a lot

showtime
07-10-2009, 05:44 PM
i want black leather seats!!!

HungarianHunter
07-11-2009, 02:23 AM
how did you do that shifter? I like it a lot

My mommy made it :D

She's making a matching ebrake boot as soon as my new carbon fiber ebrake handle arrives :)

Drew car-parts.com man, use 85085 as the area code, and a search from 2000 to 2005 eclipse

showtime
07-11-2009, 09:00 AM
i looked and found a few sets, im just trying to make up my mind lol

HungarianHunter
07-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Lol well how about you come down tuesday like we talked about, sit in my 3g seats, and maybe that'll help you decide :D

showtime
07-11-2009, 01:16 PM
im trying to get off work homie!

HungarianHunter
07-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Lol I know man I know

HungarianHunter
07-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Here is an update on the interior:

(sorry about the crappy cell phone pics)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00344.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00343.jpg

I'm going to throw them in right now, I'll have pics with them in the car tomorrow, and I'll have final pics with the seats, and headliner in as well (I had to re-glue the headliner)

Thanks for all the support so far guys :)

HungarianHunter
07-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Picked up the seats today:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/IMG00346.jpg

The total was $86.66, they're in good shape, no tears or anything, just need a good cleaning and they'll be set to go :)

I'm gonna try to get these cleaned and in the car by tonight, I'll have pics.

EDIT: that little hole in the side of the top seat isn't a tear, it's just missing the little handle that goes there.

G_RIDE
07-13-2009, 05:33 PM
any pics with the door panels in?

HungarianHunter
07-13-2009, 05:46 PM
any pics with the door panels in?

I'll have some for you guys later on today

EDIT: Later on TODAY lol, sorry got caught up in something yesterday.

HungarianHunter
07-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Alright guys, took a few quick pics to get you an idea of how the progress is going.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN1963.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN1964.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN1965.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/AdamThe1337/DSCN1966.jpg

For 87 bucks, those seats look good. I used the carpet cleaner on it, and after some time and effort I don't think I'm exaggerating too much when I say the seats look damn near brand new.

All I have left to do now is put the rear seat back in, and have get the boot around my new CF ebrake handle made by my tailor (aka my mom), and I'm done :)

I'll have more pics once it's 100% done, should be either tomorrow or Thursday the latest.

stvn_mj
07-14-2009, 05:20 PM
That looks like total ass.....:D That definetly looks good. From the pics im really tempted to hijack your idea on the fabric but we are both AZ members so that wouldnt be too good. Seats kinda match the door panels so they look good there. I'd say thats a pretty good job bro.
edit: are the seats more comfortable?

G_RIDE
07-14-2009, 05:46 PM
damn it looks good i like how it came out.

TITAN
07-15-2009, 12:21 AM
very nice werk friend