PDA

View Full Version : please help

halfmazin
10-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Sorry maybe this has been covered if someone can lead me in the right direction that would be great. I was changeing the battery in a 03 galant and my inlaw decides he can help as I am putting the battery cable on he deicides to help and while doing this manages to blow the fuse on the positive battery cable. I do not know if this is a direct effect from this but now my keyless entry does not work and my alarm light is on. Its the factory alarm. It looks like a green car with the key in the middle of the car. Any help would be great thanks.

RedGalant2k1
10-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Well first of all can you start it? If not it may be that the immobilizer (alarm) was tripped, and you'll need to have the dealer reset the immobilizer code. Otherwise in the mean time you should check the other fuses for the under hood and the interior fuse boxes, and check the relays.

RAZ_76
10-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Well first of all can you start it? If not it may be that the immobilizer (alarm) was tripped, and you'll need to have the dealer reset the immobilizer code. Otherwise in the mean time you should check the other fuses for the under hood and the interior fuse boxes, and check the relays.

Yeah, what he said.

Dave for president...:lol:

halfmazin
10-28-2008, 10:58 AM
No it will not start, I will go ahead and check the fuses. Now that fuse that is on the postive cable does that need to be swapped out before the car will start or should it start without that?? Will any parts store carry that or will i have to go to mitsubishi??

RedGalant2k1
10-28-2008, 11:01 AM
No it will not start, I will go ahead and check the fuses. Now that fuse that is on the postive cable does that need to be swapped out before the car will start or should it start without that?? Will any parts store carry that or will i have to go to mitsubishi??

Any parts store should have a basic set of relays and a full compliment of fuses.

And Ray. I will run as soon as I am able, not joking either.

WhiteGalant
10-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Im pretty sure that w/o the fuse on the positive terminal the car will NOT start. lol

fisherca22
10-28-2008, 01:38 PM
My fuse went out on the battery pos terminal, while I was at the dealership and the battery warning light started to flash, I took my car back and they said the battery would have died if I wouldn't have brought it back to get the fuse replaced.

halfmazin
10-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Any parts store should have a basic set of relays and a full compliment of fuses.

And Ray. I will run as soon as I am able, not joking either.

This is not a regular fuse.anyone else have this fuse blow?? do i need to go get the part from mitsubishi?

RAZ_76
10-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Yes, call your local Mitsubishi dealer and ask for parts department and ask them what that fuse costs?

halfmazin
10-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks for everyones help.

pinoyesv6
10-28-2008, 07:45 PM
its one of those "giant fuses" with the clear top? the fusible links?

they should have them at the auto parts store also. the internals look a lil different but they work. last time i bought a fusible link, maybe like 5 years ago, they were $14 a pop. that was the last time i'd ever blow one of those.