PDA

View Full Version : Door Handle help.

CeeDeeLight
11-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Hi,
I need an exterior passenger door handle replaced for my 04 ES Galant and I wanted to do it myself. The part is $54, but to have Mitsubishi install it it will be a $200 job.
The door opens from the inside, but the outside pull handle is broke.

How do I remove the interior panel of the passenger door to fix the outside handle?

And if I remove it, should I be aware of any issues when I try to put it back on?

I know there are a few screws, but how would I remove the interior panel without messing up the power window, door locks, speakers?

I've also read about some pin that breaks and will need to be replaced. is it possible to remove the panel without having this pin break?

Any help is appreciated.

00galantguy
11-03-2008, 10:08 AM
I have removed my interior panel about 30-40 times and no broken pin. All you have to do is undo the screw and pull so the little tabs unclip at the bottom. And then make sure you unplug the window switch. At least thats how it works for the 8g im not 100% if its the same but I would think its gotta be similar

krazienluv10
11-05-2008, 10:33 AM
its the exact same way for 9g as well

Jeffylou87
11-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Exterior door handles are cake to replace, you just need tools.. There's two screws for the handle itself.

CeeDeeLight
02-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the input. I have finally fixed the door handle. The hardest part, other than the cramp space was making sure I didn't drop the 3 screws in the bottom inside of the door when I removed the handle.

I can't believe the stealership would charge $200 just to fix this. I saved about $140 just doing it myself.