PDA

View Full Version : Once again I need help

ChuloMxcn
01-25-2003, 11:41 AM
:roll: Aight, I know ya'll are probably tired of my posts, but Im still stuck with my gauge situation. I have the white face GTZ gauges, and I put PIAA super plasmas behind them for a different color, but it still shows up orange. Some one suggested to clear the numbers with acetone, but how do I go about doin that. What all do I need to take off and how? Or are there any other suggestions other than gel caps. Thanx. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

pinoyesv6
01-25-2003, 06:30 PM
first of all, don't take off the needles. it can be done but chances are ur gonna kick urself in the ass when u put them back on. to clear the needles u can sand it off but many members say to just dip like a q-tip in some acetone and clear it while on the car. for the gas guage, remember its placement b4 it start too. another way to do things is just to str8 up paint the bulbs. if u do a thin enough layer, the light should shine through. one downside though. as the lights are on, the paint kinda emits some vapors and well, those vapors just color the inside of ur guages.

ChuloMxcn
01-26-2003, 11:01 AM
I didnt need to clear the needles, but thanks any way. I ended up taking the needles off like you said not to do and taking the template off and using nail polish remover to clear the orange film behind the numbers. Looks a lot better. It took me a while to calibrate the needles, but it wasnt too bad. Thanx anyway. The only complaint I have is that the PIAA super plasmas didnt have the bluish tint i wanted. But oh well.