PDA

View Full Version : removing the seats?

asalem97
08-18-2002, 04:19 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has ever removed the front seats or if you know how. My car came 5 years used and I want to remove the seats to clean the excess filth accumulated in the small cracks and I also want to shampoo my carpets which would be easier with the seats out. It looks like it's a few simple bolts but I just wanted to know other peoples opinions. Thanks

QnzMostWanted
08-18-2002, 05:29 PM
unbolt the 4 bolts at the 4 corners at the seat, lift and exit out the back door

Initial -G-host
08-19-2002, 05:37 PM
See...Denver is smart! Public education isn't that bad. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

QnzMostWanted
08-21-2002, 12:21 PM
lol@kevin

Kenneth G
03-16-2007, 01:46 PM
i know this is an old thread, but for future searches....

Front seat:
there are 4 bolts that hold each seat to the floor of the vehicle which must be removed (of course)

you must also unhook the seatbelt warning harness as well (for the front seats). i didnt, and ended up ripping the wiring all to hell. (who needs the damn thing anyway)

back seat:

the rear bottom cushion has 2 white clips/tabs toward the front underside of the cushion that the seat fits into which must be pulled back to get the seat out.

the rear backrest of the seat (at least for those who dont have the luxury of the fold down rear seat) has one bolt holding each side in place by the door jam, which will be uncovered by taking out the rear cushion first,

after that, there are three holders in the back which hold the seat in place. just lift up from the bottom of the seat to dislodge it and take it out of the car as well (might have to screw with it a little to get those holders to release the backrest)

and there you go... you got yourself a semi-gutted 7G