PDA

View Full Version : Finally decided on my corner bulbs

GNICETRY
01-25-2003, 01:08 PM
OK the M-12 are rated at 35W/5W and are blue. Polarg also has the bulbs 35w/5w that are prismatic when off. They state ionic yellow/purple. I want chrome. Hyper has a Senko KX-22 that is rated 27w/8w and is chrome colored. What are the stock wattages for our bulbs. I wanted the 35w/5w but will the 27w/8w be noticeably duller?

GNICETRY
01-30-2003, 08:53 PM
No one knows the stock wattage?

chibisak
01-31-2003, 03:32 PM
21/5

Reelax
01-31-2003, 06:17 PM
first off... unless u've done the bright corner rewire, the number u should b looking at is the lower second number... that is for the dimmer filament (parking light in OE setup) since the higher number is for the flashing filament and is only visable when u signal. so to upgrade your running lights for brightness you would want the wattage to b over 5 which is stock (OE uses 1157 21/5).

now if u have done the bright corner rewire, the opposite will b true... ur parking light will now b the brighter filament however, there is such thing as too much of a good thing. running a bulb continuosly on it's brighter filament will burn the bulb out faster depending on the quality of the bulb. also at ratings above 21, you may even melt the sockets (i've melted at least 2 sockets but they only cost $8 at the deslership).

as for color... the chrome bulbs may be rated higher but they put out less light becasue of the glass tinting. are you trying to match your headlights? do you have hyper white headlights or HID? if you have normal incandescent and you are simply trying to match the brightness, then you will have to do the corner rewire or find another way to get the brighter filament as your parking light and use normal clear bulbs (non hyperwhite). if you have HID, there are no bulbs even after rewire that come close to the color output and brightness of real HID... look at my avatar... that's 2 sets of HID and 2 sets of hyper white (corners and fogs) and none of the colors match.

GNICETRY
01-31-2003, 08:56 PM
I have PIAA super Etreme in the headlamps. Very HID'ish, but a tint of blue. I also have cleared corners. Nokya 893 arcylic (?) in the fogs. My first priority is the ugly a$$ yellow bulb. I really don't want a blue bulb either and the G35 seems to have a purple/yellow ionic finish to it. The only chrome bulb I could find is the Senko. My second proiority would be a whitish/HID TURN signal when on. It does seem to have a little more wattage than the stock bulbs but it is my guess that it would compare to them (brightness) because as in the previous post there is a chrome coating on them. Whenever I get them I'll let evryone know. They are on backorder everywhere :cry:

TITAN
03-31-2003, 02:54 PM
first off... unless u've done the bright corner rewire, the number u should b looking at is the lower second number... that is for the dimmer filament (parking light in OE setup) since the higher number is for the flashing filament and is only visable when u signal. so to upgrade your running lights for brightness you would want the wattage to b over 5 which is stock (OE uses 1157 21/5).

now if u have done the bright corner rewire, the opposite will b true... ur parking light will now b the brighter filament however, there is such thing as too much of a good thing. running a bulb continuosly on it's brighter filament will burn the bulb out faster depending on the quality of the bulb. also at ratings above 21, you may even melt the sockets (i've melted at least 2 sockets but they only cost $8 at the deslership).

as for color... the chrome bulbs may be rated higher but they put out less light becasue of the glass tinting. are you trying to match your headlights? do you have hyper white headlights or HID? if you have normal incandescent and you are simply trying to match the brightness, then you will have to do the corner rewire or find another way to get the brighter filament as your parking light and use normal clear bulbs (non hyperwhite). if you have HID, there are no bulbs even after rewire that come close to the color output and brightness of real HID... look at my avatar... that's 2 sets of HID and 2 sets of hyper white (corners and fogs) and none of the colors match.

I've got hyperwhite, ultraviolet, whatever they are just really bright white lights with no blue and im trying to do the same thing as this guy who started the topic, except, im just trying to match the headlights with the corners so it looks like one big headlight, and then im rerouting the blinkers to some side markers. i found out that it is illegal in AZ to have a white light flashing, it needs to have some amber. i need to know if there are actual hyper white bulbs (no blue tint) that will fit in the corner filament. if there are, i just need to find a specialty shop in tucson, az. if not then i need to find the best way to rig it to make them the same.

would it work to get 2 more filaments for the headlights from the dealership and tap the headlights, so that i basically have four headlights?

whats the best thing to do? please somebody help with VERY DETAILED instructions. thank you

Reelax
03-31-2003, 06:13 PM
ifrst thing is there are no hiper white bulbs that are not either blue tinted or chrom blue tinted since regular bulbs need this tinting to get that "white" color since the filament burns yellow white. HID's don't have filaments and the color you see is actually the color of the "arc" (continuous spark) so HID's don't need tinting to give off a very white light.

from what i understand you want to chage your corner lights from parking / signal lights into bright non-flashing front lights. to do this, just tap your parking light postive lead to the signal light filament and cut the original signal wire so that it doesn't send power to the corner bulb; whenever you turn on your parking lights, they will stay on bright (the original signal filament) you will now need to have a side marker to blink when you want to signal... use the signal filament that you took from the corner to power the side marker.

TITAN
04-01-2003, 11:26 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>ifrst thing is there are no hiper white bulbs that are not either blue tinted or chrom blue tinted since regular bulbs need this tinting to get that "white" color since the filament burns yellow white. Â*HID's don't have filaments and the color you see is actually the color of the "arc" (continuous spark) so HID's don't need tinting to give off a very white light.

from what i understand you want to chage your corner lights from parking / signal lights into bright non-flashing front lights. Â*to do this, just tap your parking light postive lead to the signal light filament and cut the original signal wire so that it doesn't send power to the corner bulb; whenever you turn on your parking lights, they will stay on bright (the original signal filament) Â*you will now need to have a side marker to blink when you want to signal... Â*use the signal filament that you took from the corner to power the side marker.</div>

yes, yes, yes!!! thank you! that is what I was looking for. that was my exact idea, but i wasnt sure if it would work. so now i know. thank you again!! :thumbsup: