PDA

View Full Version : Sooo my window mechanism exploded...

HungarianHunter
11-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Sort of. I rolled down my window today, front driver side, and on the way back up i hear a clicking noise and kind of grinding, and it's half way up, the all of a sudden I hear metal parts crashing against the bottom of my door, and my window falls into the door. Good stuff. My question is how hard would it be to reasemble my window mechanism, is it a DIY thing or should I take it to a shop?

Thanks!

airborneparainf82
11-06-2008, 09:24 PM
its VERY easy to replace and Im sure you could pick one up from either a member on here or a junkyard. I got mine for like $30-$35. Very simple install.

Is your window still on track?

johnygezony
11-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Dude my entire door actuator broke when i bought my car, it was really easy to install, i know its not the window mechanism but my door panel was a bitch to put back on because of the Infinity Tweeters near the mirrors, i ordered it from the dealership my aunt owns and got a discount.

RedGalant2k1
11-06-2008, 09:32 PM
its VERY easy to replace and Im sure you could pick one up from either a member on here or a junkyard. I got mine for like $30-$35. Very simple install.

Is your window still on track?

Won't matter if the regulator needs to be replaced.

airborneparainf82
11-06-2008, 09:38 PM
What wont matter? If the windows on track? I was asking because if its off track then that can be kind of a bitch to get back on track. Otherwise, the install itself is cake.

HungarianHunter
11-06-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm just hoping the moron messed something up in the door when he was installing speakers or something, I think something might have just been loose. Because before this it went up and down, but not smoothly. I can hear the motor trying to roll it up and down when I press the button, I really think I just need to piece it back together. I'm hoping for the best.

jimmy_o2
11-07-2008, 02:18 AM
where u live

u can also look in the 8g tur im pretty sure i seen it in there

HungarianHunter
11-07-2008, 08:03 AM
I'm in AZ

airborneparainf82
11-07-2008, 09:35 AM
when mine went out the pieces that connect the window to the actual motor are what broke. i could still hear my motor go but when it looked it it, it looked like it exploded.

HungarianHunter
11-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Yea my mechanism that rolls/unrolls the wires that move the window up and down fell apart/broke. Get a new regulator?