View Full Version : is it worth it? 154k miles

jamesgalant
11-09-2008, 11:02 PM
I have 154k on my 8g...and like many others it shakes and vibrates to apoint where the dash shakes and its making some noise...i search and read many posts...my car suffers the same symptoms but is it worth it spending 200 plus on engine mounts???maybe i just need some reassurance....ive been riding it like this for 30k miles already.. i know it might cause my intake manifold to crack.. what else damage can happen if i dont replace the motor mounts???

QnzMostWanted
11-09-2008, 11:08 PM
mounts can break and ur engine can fall out :D

airborneparainf82
11-09-2008, 11:14 PM
nothing to worry about

Ruslik
11-09-2008, 11:15 PM
just replace the front and rear they both cost around 80 bucks and do the work urself

greddy
11-09-2008, 11:31 PM
Just replace the mounts, the car will love you for it and the vibrations will diminish immensely.

Jeffylou87
11-09-2008, 11:32 PM
Sell me the car for $200..

greddy
11-09-2008, 11:33 PM
Sell me the car for $200..

LOl, I'll give you 2000

RAZ_76
11-09-2008, 11:45 PM
Is it worth it??? Well if you would like to keep the car for a while longer then yes. Obviously you dont like the vibration or you would have not started this thread so don't get cheap with maintaing your car and get it fixed or pay a lot more after that vibration starts to break things and cause other parts inside your car start to rattle due to excesive vibration.

jamesgalant
11-10-2008, 01:17 AM
thanks for the feedback...replacing the mounts is a must....

Cali
11-10-2008, 02:00 AM
just check which one is bad...more than likely it's the trany mount below the battery. that way you don't spend money you don't need to on ones that haven't failed yet

you can probably find a tranny mount for 40-60 bucks.

RAZ_76
11-10-2008, 09:01 AM
just check which one is bad...more than likely it's the trany mount below the battery. that way you don't spend money you don't need to on ones that haven't failed yet

you can probably find a tranny mount for 40-60 bucks.

Bad advice Cali, you do that and you will spend the next few months replacing one by one. Just spend 200 bucks and get it done the right way, all 4 at one time.

acitydweller
11-17-2008, 07:09 AM
If you care about handling and ride, then doing the necessary repairs shouldnt be a question.

Galantfan88
01-02-2009, 12:50 PM
If you care about your car and want to keep it longer, I would say get your car inspected and see what else is wrong wit the car and get that problem fixed. Heyy now is a good time to rebuild engine maybe, get new parts, make your car feeel reaaal goood. Or just get that part fixed.lol with a car at the milage you have to keep an eye on it b/c things will start to go.

IVORY_G
01-02-2009, 01:18 PM
This thread is 2 months old... :I

Eclipse97526
05-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Well, i had a shot mount also, Aside from all the other down sides... Wheel hop.... Serious vibrations. All that junk, if your motor is not fully secured. it is not safe...

its your call, whats more important... replacing the mount now. And having your car all tittes... or ... waiting for it to break your intake manifold, and cause a bunch more damage, that . you will have to end up replcacing the mount anyways, and many other broken parts... I just picked a mount up from a member on here for 50 Bucks. Tranny side motor mount. but before i could put it in, honda swerved into my lane. I locked them up... BAM done

and yes, be considering a new motor rebuild..... if these are stock, and you are still running them, you are going to be needing to swap them out soon.

-water pump
-Tming belt
-Motor mounts ( mainly tranny side mount )
-Shocks / Struts / Springs

Of course i rebuilt my whole engine @ 121 k miles, and now i have 132 k miles, when she wrecked, so 11 k miles. and my Ac compressor bearing was shot, had to replace it. and wheel bearings were just replaced, starting to go out. But mainly because of accidents.

plus, fix that mount, depending on how shot it is. You will loose all wheel hop, and most likely get another 20-30 horsepower to the ground, ( you wont be loosing it in motor roll off the line ) think of what would handle better ? car with a motor locked down tight ? or one thats kinda rollin around inside the engine bay ?