PDA

View Full Version : Air Ride suspension

6G72Galant
11-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Ok, so im well overdue for replacement of my struts and shocks. I def have plans on lowering the Galant, but ive been spying some airbag systems with prices within my range. I was just hoping i could get some feedback from all those members here with air bags on their Galants. Please share all your info, experiences, and recommendations.

1-How much did you pay for your kit?
2-Who manufactured your kit?
3-How was it installed? If you did it yourself, was it difficult? If you bought it to a shop, how much did it cost?
4-Any problems with your kit?
5-Any issues with slamming the Galant too low? Cracked bumpers? Blown bags?

RedGalant2k1
11-10-2008, 03:43 PM
I haven't put air bags on my G. But Air Runner kits are really nice. Most I have seen run between $1000-2000.

Most issues you will have after its lowered is having the tires rubbing. Here are some pictures of a local Galant owner who had his car bagged.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/RedGalant2k1/TG2k2/Picture161.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/RedGalant2k1/TG2k2/Picture164.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/RedGalant2k1/TG2k2/Picture162.jpg

He cut out the rear fender lips (like Reelax) to get that low. The front was also modified so it could tuck the front. Some parts had to be relocated to get it that low, but right now I don't remember all that was involved in tucking the front.

Proto
11-10-2008, 03:55 PM
PM shortchain he has a airbag kit for sale I believe.

Niytrus
11-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Word of advice, do NOT skimp out on the parts, you will regret it. Get a high end kit...

BODOGG
11-10-2008, 04:55 PM
I got mine from easystreet, I think it was around 2,000, Me and my dad installed it.It wasn't that hard .Not sure if installed right everything works so I guess it's good, We had alot of extra parts. No problems so far I had for around 2 years or more. I set mine down all the way on 18" rims no problems at all front tires tuck under well, and the front is almost on the ground. I drive at around 60lbs air I think it rides the most comfortable, the more air the more bouncey if thats a word. I hope this helps good luck!!

6G72Galant
11-10-2008, 06:49 PM
OooOoOOoo. Nice pics Dave! Is that an AirRunner kit installed in the pics? My wheels are 18x7.5, and the only time i rub is when i have a bunch of people in the back seat.

Word of advice, do NOT skimp out on the parts, you will regret it. Get a high end kit...

What kind of kit do you have? Any problems so far?

I got mine from easystreet, I think it was around 2,000, Me and my dad installed it.It wasn't that hard .Not sure if installed right everything works so I guess it's good, We had alot of extra parts. No problems so far I had for around 2 years or more. I set mine down all the way on 18" rims no problems at all front tires tuck under well, and the front is almost on the ground. I drive at around 60lbs air I think it rides the most comfortable, the more air the more bouncey if thats a word. I hope this helps good luck!!

Thanks for the feedback!:p

RedGalant2k1
11-10-2008, 07:38 PM
OooOoOOoo. Nice pics Dave! Is that an AirRunner kit installed in the pics? My wheels are 18x7.5, and the only time i rub is when i have a bunch of people in the back seat.

Yes, I believe it is a air runner kit. I can tell you just like everyone else that has dropped their G's with springs or coilovers you WILL need to roll the fenders, or even possibly cut them out. Depending on your tire side (assuming 225s) obviously the wider the more mod is required.

ricky_db
11-11-2008, 12:31 AM
what ever you do dont buy the kit from airbagit chasitech or anyone involved with them because its all the same crappy kit. the front struts dont go as low as easystreets does and you will have to disassemble our front struts to use the plate that keeps the strut centered up. i think the easystreet kits front struts are direct bolt on thats why they can tuck in the front. ooon to the back issues with the airbagit kit if you ask for the sleeves for the back the will tell you they dont make them or if you order online (ever tho they have the option on the website for sleeves in the rear) you will still get cylinders for it. the cylinders tuck lower in he rear than sleeves but the ride is HORRIBLE bouncy as hell unless you run very little air in them then you run into tire outer tread wear just trying to have a decent ride. not to mention that if its your daily driver you can expect a good 7 to seven months of good use out of the cylinders till the bottom seal give out and you find your self tryin to drive and hit the up button all the way home so you dont rub the inner wall of your tires off and have rubber flakes all over the ass of your car. and last but not least the spool valves it may have just been my kit but i have had to service the dam things at least once a month due to one of them breaking down or getting lodged open or closed the quick connect fittings are a fucin joke they randomly pop off sending 160 pounds of pissed off air into your trunk sounding like an air cannon. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED DONT SKIMP OUT GET HE EASY STREET KIT FOR YOUR G'S SAKE

ricky_db
11-11-2008, 12:33 AM
also my sig pic is it fully slammmed on 18x7.5 +45 offset not even a lil tuckage in the front even on 215 tires

ESR2005
11-11-2008, 09:15 AM
i got 19x8 inch rims and i hit the ground with my easystreet kit i did not have to roll anything everything cleared perfect and if your going to buy a kit its worth payin 60 buck for a year of carsponsors.com because my kit went from 3065.00 to 1600 with tyheir discount which everyone gets whos a member its not the best ride but once its all set up it isnt too bad ill tell you obne thing my car takes corners like a BEAST...lol

ESR2005
11-11-2008, 09:17 AM
heres my kit
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii222/esr2005/IMG_6532-1.jpg

6G72Galant
11-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Love the replies guys. Thanks to all for the feedback and advice. Ima check out car sponsors and see about that discount. But i have a feeling ill be going with the EasyStreet kit. Its going to be nice seing my Galant slammed. Thanks again guys!:p