PDA

View Full Version : Manifold Differential Pressure Sensor?

JiP
01-26-2003, 12:34 AM
Uh...I dont have one. Or atleast I cant find it, its not on the intake manifold, and better yet...The pin on the ECU isnt even there!

I asked this on another group before and they told me im crazy but it bothering me now. Where is it?! How is my engine calculating load without it?

manybrews
01-26-2003, 09:40 AM
they werent on the 97s.
they installed them on the 98s. (if i remember correctly).

theyre only there to monitor the EGR function. its not used to monitor anything else, as the air flow sensor does the majority of the calculations.

JiP
01-26-2003, 12:53 PM
Good to know. I was under the impression that it was used to calculate the load ..

thanks !

JiP
04-01-2003, 09:40 PM
One of my first topics!

Does anyone know if the 2g turbo has a map sensor and where is it installed? I think im gona go with an ecu swap and tryin to find what parts I'll have to add...

manybrews
04-01-2003, 11:51 PM
One of my first topics!

Does anyone know if the 2g turbo has a map sensor and where is it installed? I think im gona go with an ecu swap and tryin to find what parts I'll have to add...
nope.

No mitsu ever had a MAP sensor, but for the starions (and a few other REALLY old 80s turbo'ed cars.
The airflow meter does all the calculations... which is a million times better than any shitty speed/density system with a MAP sensor anyday.

JiP
04-02-2003, 05:22 PM
One of my first topics!

nope.

No mitsu ever had a MAP sensor, but for the starions (and a few other REALLY old 80s turbo'ed cars.
The airflow meter does all the calculations... which is a million times better than any shitty speed/density system with a MAP sensor anyday.

See thats why im always confused! You said the 98 galants got a map sensor, Chiltons shows pics of 7gs with map sensors, spyder 4g64s have map sensors...I dont get it....I'll take ur word for it that 2g dont have it cause I dont see any mounting spots for it on the intake.

=]

manybrews
04-02-2003, 05:36 PM
okay, ill rectify...
they dont have MAP sensors technically. they have manifold differential pressure sensors, which are ONLY used to check for proper EGR operation, and not for measuring air density for the purpose of engine management.

they are used for nothing else.

Also, i did forget one car that actually had a MAP sensor, and that was the base 93 to 96 mirage with a 1.5 liter engine.... TOTALLY dirt cheap car.

JiP
04-02-2003, 06:27 PM
Ok new questoin then...is there any model 2g turbo that does not have egr system?

Cause i dont have egr, and I dont want to have to add it when I swap ecu's, and I dont feel like having a CEL always on because of a missing egr system.

Kain
04-02-2003, 07:15 PM
Ok new questoin then...is there any model 2g turbo that does not have egr system?

Cause i dont have egr, and I dont want to have to add it when I swap ecu's, and I dont feel like having a CEL always on because of a missing egr system.

You have an EGR, it's on your intake manifold. Funky little diaphragm looking thingy. Every car made after about 1970 has one.

JiP
04-02-2003, 07:35 PM

You have an EGR, it's on your intake manifold. Funky little diaphragm looking thingy. Every car made after about 1970 has one.

Uh I got intake with EGR blockoff plate from factory. If you lookup the vaccume diagrams for 2.4 Cali spec theres only evap purge system no egr. And it looks very confusing to install egr system as it is on the 2g vacume lines everywhere...also what the hell is a fuel pressure solenoids purpse that connects inline between fpr and intake??

manybrews
04-03-2003, 06:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Uh I got intake with EGR blockoff plate from factory. Â*If you lookup the vaccume diagrams for 2.4 Cali spec theres only evap purge system no egr. Â* And it looks very confusing to install egr system as it is on the 2g vacume lines everywhere...also what the hell is a fuel pressure solenoids purpse that connects inline between fpr and intake??</div>
it boosts the fuel pressure by about 8 psi on a hot restart. Helps to atomize the fuel (supposedly).

And the EGP systems are really not that complicated, but to answer your question, no, there are no 2nd gen eclipses without an EGR.
there werent any 1st gens without, either (if i remember correctly).

g96nt
04-03-2003, 11:48 PM
a:
96 galants have MAP sensors....
my galant has one, and I carried it over to my 95 GSX ECU

b: my 96 CA-spec Car Also has/had A EGR setup.

3 all 2g DSM's had An EGR

and yeah
fuel pressure solenoid is as described.

JiP
04-04-2003, 12:22 AM
Well as far as egr goes I found my answer, simple resistor on the ecu harness makes the ecu think the solenoid is still there and being triggered, so I wont have egr system, and suposedly also wont have CEL for egr errors.