PDA

View Full Version : New Trader rating system!

seth98esT
11-11-2008, 11:02 PM
We implemented a new trader rating system. Please post here with any issues you encounter or any feedback.

How it works:
-Under each username is a trader rating.
-Click on the number to view that members trading profile
-To leave feedback, click on the Trader rating of the user you want to leave feedback, then choose submit feedback.

One thing, in order to leave feedback for a seller/buyer, you have to 1) Link to the thread in which the item was sold, and 2) You have to have at least one post in that thread. If you use PMs to talk to the seller, just add a quick "Thanks" or "Sold" to that particular thread.

Example of a members feedback profile:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/sethmo38/Randoms/tradrating.png

Proto
11-11-2008, 11:18 PM
This is by far better than our old system. Hope you all enjoy this.

RAZ_76
11-11-2008, 11:22 PM
How about adding all the feedback I've accumulated so far??? It's all on one thread. Is that possible, because I have a good amount and would hate to lose all that feedback.

seth98esT
11-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Have your buyer/sellers add their old feedback to the new system? I will look into any other way, but thats probably the best option.

spdracr
11-11-2008, 11:26 PM
how about you also set up the for sale threads where the people with lower than 50 post or whatever the minimum is cant post there, i already suggested this to seth a while ago when i found out that Evom uses that system and he said he will look into it

Proto
11-11-2008, 11:28 PM
I think we already have it set.

RAZ_76
11-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Have your buyer/sellers add their old feedback to the new system? I will look into any other way, but thats probably the best option.

That's going to be hard to do, since a lot of them don't come here anymore. I think you guys should find a way to incorporate those ratings in the first time and then have new ones added from now on. I'm not doing any sells now but had many before and I would really hate to lose those ratings.

greddy
11-11-2008, 11:36 PM
I agree with Ray, the new system is excellent, but buyer there is a lot of feedback lost.

fatal1
11-11-2008, 11:39 PM
i hear that on the fact of starting fresh. i have had a lot of great transactions on here both as a buyer and seller...i do like this rating system though...it will definately add some security for the buy/ sell section of the forums

Proto
11-11-2008, 11:41 PM
We have no way to implement the old feedback. You can either contact your sellers/buyers or we start fresh.

greddy
11-11-2008, 11:42 PM
I guess we just start afresh, and we should post links to our feedback pages in our for sale threads.

RAZ_76
11-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Well that sucks, I wish you guys would ask the members too when you guys make changes like these, don't you think?? I mean we contribute to this forum but we have no say so?? I'm not going to sell as much stuff as I did when I was selling my parts. That is the only feedback I had. I like the new system, don't get me wrong. I just wish I knew what you guys were planing so I could make arrangements for it and not just lose it all.

seth98esT
11-11-2008, 11:51 PM
I am going to work on getting the old feedback forum back. It will be locked, but you can view/search that forum for your old feedback. I will leave it up until the new feedback system starts to get populated, then it will go away for good eventually.

RAZ_76
11-11-2008, 11:55 PM
That will work, thanks Seth, me love you long time.

gtx
11-12-2008, 01:08 AM
It's a nice idea, even if we have to start fresh. One thing, how will be the ratings linked to the original for sale thread? I had a thread where I sold a lot of things and had more for sale, but it got deleted (again) because of the long inactivity (and I'm not allowed to bump it). Will the inactivity rule be changed now?

IceDouTGaLanT
11-12-2008, 03:47 AM
great idea, i was hoping we had this 1 day.

9G
11-12-2008, 09:34 AM
although even if we had this system before, fudging 305 would still have gotten us and maybe more. that effer.

99 galant
11-12-2008, 09:37 AM
could we get the OLD threads back for a few days to contact our buyer/sellers that we have delt with for products? because i cant remember them all...

seth98esT
11-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Alright it is not possible to restore a subsection only. The only thing I can do is restore the complete forums to last night and I am not going to do that. So you guys will just have to work with the new system. Its not that big of a deal, its not like its eBay and people arent going to buy from you because you have 0 feedback. They can look at your join date and previous posts and figure it out.

dronesurfboards
12-15-2008, 08:16 PM
I tried leaving feedback but it says the deal thread i used is invalid. i just copied and pasted the thread url and it looks exactly like the example. is it because its from the WTB/WTT section?? Lil help!

rez887
12-15-2008, 08:26 PM
The new system $uck$!

dronesurfboards
12-15-2008, 08:36 PM
yeah, the seller is waiting for my feedback but for some reason it wont accept the thread. I got feedback, and i wanna do the same.

RedGalant2k1
12-15-2008, 08:58 PM
I believe so, it has to be in the actual for sale forums before it can link it.

Can you link me the thread?

dronesurfboards
12-15-2008, 10:59 PM
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=33506

i figured it had to be in the for sale section.

Goku
02-10-2009, 01:24 PM
What about if you happen to sell something, but there is no thread to link to ?

I have sold a couple of things via PM only, and so I can't get any feedback ?

mko
02-10-2009, 02:38 PM
thanks for the feedback that everyone left when i sold or bought stuff. noone leeves feedback these days

kolio
02-10-2009, 03:06 PM
What about if you happen to sell something, but there is no thread to link to ?

I have sold a couple of things via PM only, and so I can't get any feedback ?

contact an admin like seth let him know and he will tell you what to do. make a thread with the item and have the mods lock it when the person who bought it responds. i wish i could leave the feedback for the skirts

Goku
02-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Ah, cool, thanks I'll try that.

seth98esT
02-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Also this has came up a few times. If you sell something through PMs or outside the FS section, you CANNOT use the iTrader for that transaction unless you do the following:

-The seller has to create a thread in the FS section(relevant to the items sold of course)
-The buyer needs to post a reply in that thread(Can say PM sent or SOLD to me, ect)
-From there you can use the link to the previous thread in the iTrader system

Once you do that, you can use the iTrader system, but do not abuse this! I keep an eye on it, and iTrader emails me any suspicious activities.

wetamup2k3g
05-21-2011, 09:46 PM
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have purchased things from three members, all of which their threads are in the FS section, and i repeatedly get an error when I try to use iTrader to give them props, all three were very positive experiences. I have tried to use the url, and each time I get errors. Please help mods/admins!

RedGalant2k1
05-22-2011, 08:57 AM
PM me with the information and I'll see what I can do.

wetamup2k3g
06-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Been a while, but everything's working fine now. Thanks dude!