PDA

View Full Version : dash pods?

digga
08-18-2002, 06:38 PM
Can someone please tell me where I can find a custom dash pod for a 95 Galant S manual........Any help would be much appreciated https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

QnzMostWanted
08-18-2002, 08:24 PM
dash pod?

bronxbombr
08-18-2002, 11:53 PM
lol? what is that?

TJC
08-19-2002, 12:19 AM
You can always loose the pods and just get good looking gauges that stand on the dash or fabricate your own. You can even start with a tall wooden or metal box. Perhaps ceramic, plaster, papiermache, etc. to get your shape and glue upholstery over that. Then make a face for your gauges out of pressboard or the like. I don't know, just thinking outloud.

MitsuMan
08-19-2002, 07:00 AM
quite simply: they dont make them, if u are looking for a pillar pod, they are int he process of being made, or just get a 2 gauge civic pod, hope this helps ya

dean

schick
08-19-2002, 02:04 PM
Dean, what's the low-down on the pillar pods for our 7G's?
(# of holes, material made of, etc)

I definitly want one with 2 spaces, 1 for fuel/air ratio and an extra space for something else.

What guages would you reccomend having?

QnzMostWanted
08-19-2002, 02:31 PM
the pods are being made in 2 pod and 3 pod, the mold is already made, not 100% on the final price tho...

MitsuMan
08-19-2002, 03:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(schick)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dean, what's the low-down on the pillar pods for our 7G's?
(# of holes, material made of, etc)

I definitly want one with 2 spaces, 1 for fuel/air ratio and an extra space for something else.

What guages would you reccomend having?</div>

Kevin, (White -G- Host) went to Vision Imports and they used his car to mold a 3 pod pillar....Im sure if you PM him he will be able to give u the status on that, i know the mold is made, if u are like me and are impatient you can get a 2 pod for a civic and heat it up using a hairblower (dryer) and fit it to your car, its really not that hard,

Im not a big fan of having gauges...but it really doesnt matter what gauges you get, just make sure they go with the scheme of your car, ie if u have white indiglows dont get aftermarket A/F gauges that are black, thats just tacky, its all about tasteful mods and not overdoing it....i mean you dont want to be one of "those guys"...lol

hope it helped...

dean

Initial -G-host
08-19-2002, 04:25 PM
The 7g pillar pods are delayed because the guy that is making them is on vacation. I gave him my pillar and he will make the mold when he gets back which is hopefully this weekend. Since I will be the first...I will be shelling out $110 for it. The price for a Double gauge pillar will be $90 for now and MAYBE the Triple gauge pillar will be the same price. I will have to wait till the guy comes back from vacation. As for the 8g, I am still looking for someone with a 8g locally for the mold for the pillars.

RMG612
08-20-2002, 10:48 AM
$90!

Shit I could just get the civic one and mold it, and still have enough left over to buy 2 more if i messed up!

MitsuMan
08-20-2002, 10:58 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>$90! Â*

Shit I could just get the civic one and mold it, and still have enough left over to buy 2 more if i messed up!</div>

Shit for you car aint cheap my friend, also you time might be worth more to you then others, for those who rather just get the pods and simply put them in without having to do any modifications then they will spend the 90$ plus u can have pods without any real work,...just being realistic, though i think pods are tacky...imo

dean

QnzMostWanted
08-20-2002, 04:53 PM
u can mold a civic pod, but these pods that -G- is getting made a FULL PILLAR i'll prefer that over the damn screw holes i got holding in my existing ones

sabzi5858
10-23-2002, 07:20 PM
any update on the pillar pods? i got away with the boost gauage because it's a part of the turbo timer and isn't noticable, but i don't want to have fuel pressure/egt/etc gauges sitting in places where they don't look welcome