PDA

View Full Version : A few problems with my 8G's! **HELP?!?**

KaziKai
11-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Hey.. Some tips and Hep would be good.. Thanks!

1. A/C: Cold to Hot knob - When turned either to the hot or cold side.. it sounds like the fan or something in the motor is stuck.. cause it keeps on clicking and wont stop till you turn off the car... The A/C does not have to be on to have this problem.

2. Service Engine Soon: I got a free check from autozone 2 days ago... They said on their computer is said there is nothing wrong with it. But yet the light is still there. My 8G has 104k miles; My other 8G has the lite too.. autozone said its the power steering fluid is low.. but I looked at it and it was FULL. My Other 8G has 127K miles.

3. Exhaust Smells: It smells like Alcohol like its burning rich, is that normal?

4. Brakes: I have drilled rotors, I just changed my pads but there are lots of squeaking only when backing up and sometimes when going down hill... (while applying the brakes) did I do something wrong with changing the pads? Did I have to resurface the rotors first?

5. REAR Drums: How Do I Change It! better yet... what kind of parts would I need to Change the rear to rotor kind... (And I wonder where I can take it to get it converted in Vegas)

6. Thanks for your help!

VegasMatt
11-14-2008, 02:10 PM
1. A/C: Cold to Hot knob - When turned either to the hot or cold side.. it sounds like the fan or something in the motor is stuck.. cause it keeps on clicking and wont stop till you turn off the car... The A/C does not have to be on to have this problem.
NOT SURE

2. Service Engine Soon: I got a free check from autozone 2 days ago... They said on their computer is said there is nothing wrong with it. But yet the light is still there. My 8G has 104k miles; My other 8G has the lite too.. autozone said its the power steering fluid is low.. but I looked at it and it was FULL. My Other 8G has 127K miles.
BRING IT OVER I WILL ERASE THE LIGHTS FOR YOU WITH MY METER

3. Exhaust Smells: It smells like Alcohol like its burning rich, is that normal?
SMELLS LIKE ALCOHOL..BARS OPEN!!

4. Brakes: I have drilled rotors, I just changed my pads but there are lots of squeaking only when backing up and sometimes when going down hill... (while applying the brakes) did I do something wrong with changing the pads? Did I have to resurface the rotors first?
GET A BRAKE CLEANER AND SPRAY IT IN THERE

5. REAR Drums: How Do I Change It! better yet... what kind of parts would I need to Change the rear to rotor kind... (And I wonder where I can take it to get it converted in Vegas)
REGULATE, SPEAK TO THE VIETNAMESE GURU NAMED TOMMY. CHECK THE SITE ON HOW TO DO THE SWAP, I THINK I HAVE REARS IF YOU NEED THEM.

6. Thanks for your help!
CHUT UP.

KaziKai
11-14-2008, 09:08 PM
LOL!

Thanks Matt...

Where do you live by?

And.... how much you want the rears for?

CDelgado
12-06-2008, 09:32 PM
2. Service Engine Soon: If there was nothing wrong disconnect the battery wires for like 5-10 minutes ( you could clean your interior in the meantime) and it should reset. Make sure all caps and covers are properly placed before re-connecting the wires. This resets the computer or you could go to vegas and do it his way.

3. Exhaust Smells: Coolant leak? Exhaust smoking a color?