PDA

View Full Version : Fuseable link (in engine fuse box) - making noise/vibrates

Niytrus
01-26-2003, 03:16 PM
I decided to put gauges in my galant the other day... stupidly I cut the wires instead of using wire tap connectors, but now I reconnected the wires (the black and green wires from the dimmer) and used wire taps. The gauges are working fine, and they look great.

*Now heres the problem*: When I turn on the interior lights, or when I twist the knob further to turn on the headlights, a fuseable link in the engine start to make a very loud noise. When I went to look at it it shakes/vibrates. This only happens when the lights go on. Now if I start my car, this doesnt happen. I took the fuseable link out, and then everything was fine, except my lights of course, I tried replacing it, still the same thing. Im gussing I might of screwed up something possibly by grounding a dimmer wire that I cut durring gauge installation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

manybrews
01-26-2003, 11:02 PM
if i remember correctly (and if were talking about the same problem ive seen before), you would need to wire a diode inline with the odometer lighting.

its too hard to explain online, suffice to say its not really harmful, and the easiest fix is to not turn on your lights without starting the car.

incidently, its not the fuse buzzing, its a relay... but i dont remember exactly which one.