PDA

View Full Version : Repeated Clicking when refueling, Vent Solenoid location?

acitydweller
11-17-2008, 04:13 AM
I recently had this problem at every gas station where the fuel nozel clicks after a few seconds of refueling. There is no way i am near full so i persist until i get at least 10 gallons in the tank.

Recently checked the SES code to be PO442 - Evaporation Emissions Control System Leak Detected (small leak).
The fuel cap always clicks after i refuel and start the car so I wonder if the clicking problem has anything to do with the PO442 SES. The code has been reset and it hasnt returned after 3 hours of driving but the problem with the fueling persists.

Could a faultly evap valve attribute to this and where is the valve located? What is involved with replacing the valve or vent solenoid?

Fishboy55
11-17-2008, 05:42 AM
The vent solenoid is up on the passenger side under the hood. It lloks like a little canister and has vacuum hoses connected to each end. Check and make sure those hoses aren't crimped. That will trip your SES light with an Evap code

JoeRad
11-17-2008, 08:05 AM
Happens to me too, theres and o2 sensor in the pump nozzle that shuts off when the tank is full, i think the tube to the tank is a bit snug for the nozzles causing this, i think this because if i tilt the nozzle slightly then theres no problem.