PDA

View Full Version : S7 Gauge help

ChuloMxcn
11-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Alright, so my gauges have been shot for a while and i figured id go ahead and order the inverter and presto, problem solved. Well it came in and I put it on and it was a no go.

So i was like maybe something else is wrong and tested both the old and new inverter directly to the battery to verify the old one really was out. This was true, the old one didnt work and the new one did directly to the battery. So i go back and put it back together and again no lights. i checked the wiring again, and it seems to be ok. Fuses are all good and even the little dimmer for the odometer works but not the gauges.

Anything else to look for or are the gauges themselves shot too?

Fishboy55
11-17-2008, 04:25 PM
If the gauges light up direct from the battery, then they're OK. Check the wiring to the hot side of the dimmer switch. If that's not connected securely your gauges won't light up. Obviously the dimmer is plugged in since it dims your AC lights. If you've got a crimp and squeeze connector on there it's probably bad. Cut it off and solder.

G-spot
11-17-2008, 04:29 PM
I had the same problem

ChuloMxcn
11-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Thats actually what i ended up doing and i just put it all together and believe it or not it worked!!! Well at least 2/3s of it. The gas/temp gauge didnt come on, but i guess ill try to plug in a different harness into the gauge. You know how the inverter comes with 4 plugs and u only use 3. Ill try that tomorrow. Thanks!!!