PDA

View Full Version : Engine sputter question

evil-G-nius
01-26-2003, 08:54 PM
I figure while I am at it! Well I got my engine changed after breaking a belt and thus screwing the shit out of my engine. I have just one problem and I am monitoring it for the guy that put the engine in. When I step on the gas from a stand still, the car goes fine....if I drive like a granny! If I punch it, it hesitates almost like it is choking and wants to stall. Once I let off and drive it like a granny it is fine! Now the sputtering only happens from a dead stop or when I slow to turn a corner. On the freeway or after I take off hella slow it is fine. I can floor it and it hauls! But I want this initial hesitation cured! ANY IDEAS?

manybrews
01-26-2003, 10:37 PM
yeah.. hes screwed it up.
sounds like a timing belt off to me.

redboy
02-09-2003, 12:17 PM
WELL, THE SPUTERING WAS THE FIRST PROBLEM I HAD IN MY GALANT, ANY TIME UNDER THREE GRAND I PUNCH IT, IT WOULD START SPUTTERING REALLY BAD, BUT IF I EASED OVER THREE, THEN FLOORED IT, IT WOULD WORK FINE, TO FIX THAT ALL I DID WAS DO A SIMPLE TUNE UP. I EVEN BROKE A BELT JUST LIKE U AND BENT FOUR VAVLES AND SCARED TWO PISTIONS, COSTED ME 520 TO FIX EVERYTHING, BUT IT HAD MY CAR RUNNIN BETTER THEN WHEN I FIRST GOT IT. GUESSU CAN SAY THAT I GOT IT HALFWAY PORT AND POLISHED CUZ TWO PISTONS AND ALL THE VALVES WERE NEW... 8)

manybrews
02-09-2003, 03:17 PM
lose the caps.

evil-G-nius
02-10-2003, 08:54 PM
I figured it out, I had no spark! I had to change my plug wires and clean out the distibutor. Now it runs fine. I want to get a new distributor though, but they cost wayyyyyyyyyyy to much! A little over 300 bucks! And that is with my discount from work!

RydnClean
02-10-2003, 09:40 PM
go to www.ezfindparts.com they got pretty decent prices on used parts....i found a distributor there, because i thought that was my problem, for 219 dollars with next day air shipping and it only had 17k miles on it with a 30 day warrenty....pretty good deal if u ask me....they also have many other parts. check it out

JiP
02-10-2003, 11:10 PM
Think you can hold off a month or two...were working on a standalone system to change 7g galants to DIS and get rid of the distrubter all together..of course you'll still have that peice installd in your engine because it houses the cam sensor, but spark fire will be under cntrol of the ECU not the distrubter cap, much more power and gives us 7g guys an option of going to bigger and better firing devices like MSD stuff.